AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-15, 01:54   Link #41
Xellos
There will be no miracle
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via AIM to Xellos
As much as I like Fate, I'll probably be hard pressed to vote for her all the time if certain characters get nominated.
__________________
Xellos is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 02:14   Link #42
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Havn't seen you around since forever, Xellos.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 02:18   Link #43
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Nice to see both of you!
__________________
Seishi is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 02:19   Link #44
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: B.C. Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
As much as I like Fate, I'll probably be hard pressed to vote for her all the time if certain characters get nominated.
i dont think its matters all that much if you dont vote for her because you find someone else moe, but if you vote for someone else only because Fate has won already is when i would get annoyed

and Seishi Whar are u D:

Edit: and are my eyes failing me or does my avatar look, fuzzy or distorted a bit D:
__________________
LazyCanuck is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 02:22   Link #45
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Well, I admit I am excited to see some new blood around...for Nanoha to feast on, of course.
__________________
Seishi is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 02:24   Link #46
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: B.C. Canada
Age: 24
Nanoha does need some new friends afterall
__________________
LazyCanuck is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 02:25   Link #47
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
New blood to be devoured by the old. Interesting. I like it.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 03:58   Link #48
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Well as Nanoha needs new friends, Rena need more cute things to add to her collection.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 08:10   Link #49
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
And I think the most moe isn't on the list yet.

Yakuza Ane-ue demands a space on the list.

Yes, that's Yukine.
You can believe me that I will nominate Yukine (8 Points) and vote her over 95% of the candidates because she is soooooooo adorable.

Eisdrache is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 08:13   Link #50
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
I would prefer new contestants to be strong than just cannon fodder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
QFT

I couldnt care less about previous winner, LS fags, Key/Kyoani blahblah etc, if I think someone is more moe then I will vote for that character, end of story.
I agree with that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Anyways, onto the topic. It's true that we SHOULD be voting on each character's merits, but not everyone will agree, that's the headache of holding such a competition.
Yes but strategic voting is part of these kind of contest too. Even if I don't do it I understand why some do.


Something I'm curious about: How well characters from new series are on everyone moe list?

The only one who got very high in my moe list is Minori from Toradora. But there are many who is at least a little bit high: Taiga and Ami from Toradora, Torako and Ayumi from Hyakko, Nagi from Kannagi, Ryouko and Misaki from Kemeko DX, Suzuho from Macademi WAsshoi!, Index from To Aru Majutsu no Index (maybe Misaka depending on how this arc unfolds).
chaosprophet is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 08:14   Link #51
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
You can believe me that I will nominate Yukine (8 Points) and vote her over 95% of the candidates because she is soooooooo adorable.

Exactly!

^^ For that, friend mail sent. ^^

Of course, we've also gotta look out for the Touhou Project people, they're kinda famous in Nicovideo and Youtube.

And of course, the Little Busters! people. They have about 10 girls, give or take one. That is, if Kyoani (or any other studio) makes an announcement in time... I guess not, desho desho?

Quote:
The only one who got very high in my moe list is Minori from Toradora. But there are many who is at least a little bit high: Taiga and Ami from Toradora, Torako and Ayumi from Hyakko, Nagi from Kannagi, Ryouko and Misaki from Kemeko DX, Suzuho from Macademi WAsshoi!, Index from To Aru Majutsu no Index (maybe Misaka depending on how this arc unfolds).
I only have these:

Kannagi: Nagi
Toradora: Taiga
Little Busters! (the clean all ages version): Rin Natsume, Noumi Kudryvka.
Minami-ke: All four Minamis; including Touma for some reason.
__________________
ZephyrLeanne is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 08:23   Link #52
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
And of course, the Little Busters! people. They have about 10 girls, give or take one. That is, if Kyoani (or any other studio) makes an announcement in time... I guess not, desho desho?
But I don't think characters from series that have only been announced but didn't aired are eligible. They will get an 0 on the sufficient airtime part.
chaosprophet is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 08:25   Link #53
Juice[Lemon]
ISML's "liberal staffer"
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Republic of Texas
Age: 30
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
[. . .]

Of course, we've also gotta look out for the Touhou Project people, they're kinda famous in Nicovideo and Youtube.

And of course, the Little Busters! people. They have about 10 girls, give or take one. That is, if Kyoani (or any other studio) makes an announcement in time... I guess not, desho desho?

[. . .]
Even IF they announce, I doubt they will release before the new year.
__________________
Juice[Lemon] is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 10:52   Link #54
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Come back to me Sei-kun.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 11:06   Link #55
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
hmmm surprisingly no KyoAni will be nominated by me this time...none of them (the leftover Clannad) are good enough IMO and they would only do as good as Ryou did last year (Mei could be exception). Oh and not enough ppl are talking about how Taiga could pretty much get a top 16 spot....the anime is REALLY good, and its fairly popular, and its Kugimiya Rie = strong contender
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 11:37   Link #56
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I would prefer new contestants to be strong than just cannon fodder!

Something I'm curious about: How well characters from new series are on everyone moe list?
Realistically, I can see the super popular characters such as Nagi, Index, Taiga, and maybe even Haruka Nogizaka (though people seem to have forgotten her so quickly!) doing fairly well, assuming they all make it. What we don't need are more side Clannad characters, though...

My idea for nominating was to choose characters I thought had no realistic chance of making the tournament, but had some important role to play. I don't really care if they catch on or not. The only one I can see getting serious external support is Hazuki, but the show might just be too old for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Of course, we've also gotta look out for the Touhou Project people, they're kinda famous in Nicovideo and Youtube.
Yay for these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Come back to me Sei-kun.
But I'm right here...
__________________
Seishi is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 12:07   Link #57
Xellos
There will be no miracle
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Havn't seen you around since forever, Xellos.
Yeah, been MIA for a bit due to various reasons but I'm back for now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
i dont think its matters all that much if you dont vote for her because you find someone else moe, but if you vote for someone else only because Fate has won already is when i would get annoyed

and Seishi Whar are u D:

Edit: and are my eyes failing me or does my avatar look, fuzzy or distorted a bit D:
I'm definitely not going to vote against Fate because she's already won. It's my goal this year to tone down any strategic voting as well, but we'll see how that goes.

Don't think your avatar looks fuzzy, but it does look like she's trying to start a lawnmower.
__________________
Xellos is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 13:08   Link #58
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Well with the final week of the "Seconds Rounds" of SBM, there is only three (four if somehow Kyonko was qualifed) girls that could be added to ISML (that are not already qualified from 2008 that is):

Shinku, Suiseiseki (AKA Desu), and Chrome Dokuro (Hitman Reborn) The other seven girls remaining in these rounds are ISML finalists or in already due to having scored over 0.500 last year (Nagi).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 15:52   Link #59
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well with the final week of the "Seconds Rounds" of SBM, there is only three (four if somehow Kyonko was qualifed) girls that could be added to ISML (that are not already qualified from 2008 that is):

Shinku, Suiseiseki (AKA Desu), and Chrome Dokuro (Hitman Reborn) The other seven girls remaining in these rounds are ISML finalists or in already due to having scored over 0.500 last year (Nagi).
Suiseiseki is there.
__________________
A l i v e
[.eternal. W I S H.]
Avatar by Rinmei
Sonae is offline  
Old 2008-12-15, 16:58   Link #60
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well with the final week of the "Seconds Rounds" of SBM, there is only three (four if somehow Kyonko was qualifed) girls that could be added to ISML (that are not already qualified from 2008 that is):

Shinku, Suiseiseki (AKA Desu), and Chrome Dokuro (Hitman Reborn) The other seven girls remaining in these rounds are ISML finalists or in already due to having scored over 0.500 last year (Nagi).
Don't diss the watering can. She's still in there, thanks in part to a double-team with Suigintou (wut) and a 330-329 tie over Rika...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Exactly!

^^ For that, friend mail sent. ^^

Of course, we've also gotta look out for the Touhou Project people, they're kinda famous in Nicovideo and Youtube.

And of course, the Little Busters! people. They have about 10 girls, give or take one. That is, if Kyoani (or any other studio) makes an announcement in time... I guess not, desho desho?



I only have these:

Kannagi: Nagi
Toradora: Taiga
Little Busters! (the clean all ages version): Rin Natsume, Noumi Kudryvka.
Minami-ke: All four Minamis; including Touma for some reason.
One problem with the announcement factor is this. I DID say all-time, but a future anime series like Little Busters! still may not make the cut through background check this year because of the new "screentime" rule. Yeah, you need sufficient screentime, and one who's just got an anime announcement pretty much doesn't have screentime as of yet. So if anything, better be careful with who you nominate.

And that includes Touhou candidates - some may pass background check and some may not...
minhtam1638 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
international, moe, saimoe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.