AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-04, 10:43   Link #201
Dop
We can't stop here...

Well. That got a bit surreal in places, but it was a good ending to an enjoyable series.

Spoiler for ep. 12 Hitohira, ep. 26 Simoun:

Certainly, I could well stand to watch a sequel or OVA showing what happens next!

Thanks to people we can't mention. They know who they are!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 10:28   Link #202
axeps2

anyone got wallpapers and
R2 dvd reasonably high resolution covers
for this anime?
axeps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 23:00   Link #203
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Just finished watching this one.

As pluses

+This one got one of the most original OST's I've heard in a while, and I like it. The selection was a little weird at times, but it was well used anyway.
+ The ending, or most specifically the falsettos in it. It's rare to find that in Japanese music, in fact I hadn't seen the use of it outside of Tainaka Sachi.
+The character development for Mugi, Mirei and Nono, and the fact they avoided making the drama club a simple minded enemy, and instead made them people with feelings (at least for Kanna and Mirei)

The minuses

- Other than the characters and to a minor extend Kanna, the rest of the characters were mere plot devices. And the plot wasn't even good to begin with, so that was a bad combination.
-The VA direction seriously lacked quality. WTF did they left Ueda Kana to a minor role in any case. Anyway, The story would have greatly improved should they have payed more attention to this aspect, specially since they had such a good OST to boot off.

A character driven series with not that good characters (apart from a few ones), a very good sound direction but a poor voice actor selection. Since I'm more of an auditive person than a visual one the good OST is a big plus for me, but that just leaves the series at a 6.5/10. Not a total loss of time, and in fact I felt a little moved at times, but just that.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 02:14   Link #204
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
wow...
nice choice of thread for necromancy...
i can slightly agree with what you said on VA direction...
though Kawasumi Ayako as Nono paired with Yukino Satsuki as Mirei really sounded great and portrayed their characters really well..
i didn't even know Ueda Kana was in this show...
though i do know that Chiwa Saito played a very minor role in this one...

for a short series i thought the characters were ok...

you should try listening to the drama cds btw...
it fills some gaps of events in the anime...
and develops some of the less developed main characters a bit...
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 02:46   Link #205
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The main trio + 0.3 * Kanna got most of the budget from the script/character and VA direction department it'd seem, because the rest of the characters got shafted pretty badly. In any case I'll follow your suggestion and search for the drama cd's

And yes, Ueda Kana was there. As my favorite VA, I recognize her peculiar way of speaking from a mile. Even when she tries to hide it, like in Kohaku from Tsukihime

Last edited by Proto; 2008-12-19 at 02:57.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 03:05   Link #206
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The main trio + 0.3 * Kanna got most of the budget from the script/character and VA direction department it'd seem, because the rest of the characters got shafted pretty badly. In any case I'll follow your suggestion and search for the drama cd's

And yes, Ueda Kana was there. As my favorite VA, I recognize her peculiar way of speaking from a mile. Even when she tries to hide it, like in Kohaku from Tsukihime
and i don't remember hearing her voice there...
but her wiki says she has a role there...
ahh... Kohaku, when will they make an anime based on your route...

ths drama cds are couples with the osts...
so you get 2 for 1... ^^
there are 2 osts each having 2 sound dramas...
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 01:00   Link #207
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I liked this show, but thought the plot was weirdly arranged, with a lot of anticlimactic episodes. I liked the seiyuu, even the two young ones -- although I haven't seen them around since this show, so that may tell us something.

I thought Yukino Satsuki had the best supporting seiyuu performance of the year in her role as the drama club president. Some of her more emotive scenes were terrific.

I still play the OP and ED from time to time. Good music well sung.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-12-23 at 01:18.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen, slice of life