AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Vampire Knight

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-02, 16:40   Link #41
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
is the manga series done yet? or is it still being drawn.../any idea on when it's going to end?/ is it coming to a conclusion?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 17:33   Link #42
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
is the manga series done yet? or is it still being drawn.../any idea on when it's going to end?/ is it coming to a conclusion?
The manga series is still in progress and being drawn monthly. No idea when it going to end. The school arc, from what I have heard, should be coming to a conclusion very soon. After that see will have to wait and see what she has in store for us.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 19:04   Link #43
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
The manga series is still in progress and being drawn monthly. No idea when it going to end. The school arc, from what I have heard, should be coming to a conclusion very soon. After that see will have to wait and see what she has in store for us.
by school arc, is that referring to what we're seeing in the anime as of right now? All i really want to know is if i will find out about her past, and kaname's true hidden intentions (im only on episode 5 of vampire knight guilty [season2]) by the end of this season.

Thanks
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 19:14   Link #44
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
by school arc, is that referring to what we're seeing in the anime as of right now? All i really want to know is if i will find out about her past, and kaname's true hidden intentions (im only on episode 5 of vampire knight guilty [season2]) by the end of this season.

Thanks
Yes, you will find out about Yuki's past. Kaname hidden intentions? Towards her? Yes.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 20:08   Link #45
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Yes, you will find out about Yuki's past. Kaname hidden intentions? Towards her? Yes.
thank you SOOO much!
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 14:15   Link #46
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
so apparently episode 9 goes completely off a different route from the manga...is this true? If so, does that mean i should probably read the manga now while watching the anime? I won't be spoiled right? Since the anime is taking a different route supposedly? And if i were to read the manga, where should i start? Thanks!
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 18:34   Link #47
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
so apparently episode 9 goes completely off a different route from the manga...is this true? If so, does that mean i should probably read the manga now while watching the anime? I won't be spoiled right? Since the anime is taking a different route supposedly? And if i were to read the manga, where should i start? Thanks!
Actually episode 9 is pretty in line with the manga. Some scenes are added and some changed around a bit but no significant difference between the direction of the plot that I can see. I expect them to at least follow the manga for another 2 episodes. If you don't want to get spoiled now probably is not the best time to begin reading the manga just wait a bit more. There is still a couple of key events I expect to see animated.

Chapter 38 was the latest chapter to be animated into episode 9 and the manga is currently on chapter 45 so somewhere in between there is probably where you'd want to get started.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 18:39   Link #48
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Actually episode 9 is pretty in line with the manga. Some scenes are added and some changed around a bit but no significant difference between the direction of the plot that I can see. I expect them to at least follow the manga for another 2 episodes. If you don't want to get spoiled now probably is not the best time to begin reading the manga just wait a bit more. There is still a couple of key events I expect to see animated.

Chapter 38 was the latest chapter to be animated into episode 9 and the manga is currently on chapter 45 so somewhere in between there is probably where you'd want to get started.
haha thank you so much, you keep answering my questions! I really appreciate it. Mann, i haven't watched episode 9 yet but i can't wait for it anymore >.<, but i don't want to be spoiled by the mangaaa
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 17:40   Link #49
reaper_unique
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I'm at episode 7, before I continue I just want to know what did she mean with "my brother", as in blood related brother or as in brother vampire thing?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 19:09   Link #50
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
I'm at episode 7, before I continue I just want to know what did she mean with "my brother", as in blood related brother or as in brother vampire thing?
Blood related. Though he himself says he is an ancestor which you kind of understand later on in the story when it is hinted at. And his and her parents were blood-related brother and sister also so such unions for vampires is not uncommon.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 19:23   Link #51
reaper_unique
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I see, domo arigatou _O_
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 00:01   Link #52
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
I have a question about kuran kaname. He says at the end of episode 8 that he'd be happier if he were ACTUALLY born as Yuki's REAL brother...but he looks just like Kuran Haruka (yuki's dad)...What exactly is kaname? Is this a manga spoiler? Even so can someone tell me what his relationship with the people is? Who exactly is he? What does he mean he's an "ancestor" of the kuran clan? And that he was given power by rido? and thats why he can't kill rido?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 03:08   Link #53
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I have a question about kuran kaname. He says at the end of episode 8 that he'd be happier if he were ACTUALLY born as Yuki's REAL brother...but he looks just like Kuran Haruka (yuki's dad)...What exactly is kaname? Is this a manga spoiler? Even so can someone tell me what his relationship with the people is? Who exactly is he? What does he mean he's an "ancestor" of the kuran clan? And that he was given power by rido? and thats why he can't kill rido?
Well it is hinted at in both the manga and the anime but I don't believe it outright stated anywhere. Here is the general theory I usually hear.
Spoiler for Just in case:


That I believe that is the general theory. Most of Kaname's past is shrouded in mystery and we will probably get more into it later on.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 11:01   Link #54
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Well it is hinted at in both the manga and the anime but I don't believe it outright stated anywhere. Here is the general theory I usually hear.
Spoiler for Just in case:


That I believe that is the general theory. Most of Kaname's past is shrouded in mystery and we will probably get more into it later on.
Thanks...and would you say he's stronger than most purebloods? Because that's the vibe i get. As for Rido...what's up with him? IF he's haruka's brother...then why does he want pureblood even though he's already "resurrected" kaname? Isn't he a purebloood vampire himself? One LAST question...is the anime completely caught up to the manga now? And how often does the manga come out? I started to follow, read chapter 45 last night...but i only see a 46...and i feel the anime is a bit ahead of 45..
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 12:20   Link #55
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Thanks...and would you say he's stronger than most purebloods? Because that's the vibe i get. As for Rido...what's up with him? IF he's haruka's brother...then why does he want pureblood even though he's already "resurrected" kaname? Isn't he a purebloood vampire himself? One LAST question...is the anime completely caught up to the manga now? And how often does the manga come out? I started to follow, read chapter 45 last night...but i only see a 46...and i feel the anime is a bit ahead of 45..
Yes, Kaname is stronger than most as he is a Kuran who are the kings of the vampires. It's considered the purest of the vampire blood.
Spoiler for Just in case:

The anime is caught up with the manga but you can disregard episode 12 and 13 entirely. Things happen extremely different after that point from the manga so you might want to head back a few chapters. Probably to around Ch41 or so. There are only currently 46 chapters (plus 1 side story) out. 46 should leave you similar to where the last episode did.
Spoiler for ch46/ep13:
Though the events are vastly different on how it happens. The manga is a monthly and usually comes out around the 20-24th of each month.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 20:22   Link #56
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
How come there isn't a manga thread and stuff? Claymore is monthly and that's going pretty well.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 22:57   Link #57
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
How come there isn't a manga thread and stuff? Claymore is monthly and that's going pretty well.
There is a manga thread in this forum. Here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37832
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 18:23   Link #58
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
I thought the anime series finished, so why's it still in current series?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 22:29   Link #59
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
cuz its still popular i guess, and manga's still goin. it didnt finish that long ago, people might still be watching it/catching up
same with kannagi
SwiftStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 22:36   Link #60
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Hello, I have a question. Do we know if Headmaster Kaien is also a vampire?
__________________

Last edited by Droplet; 2009-01-25 at 23:31.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.