AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 18.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 14.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-23, 05:08   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
He can only touch a bit of the cage. Not enough to lift the whole thing up.

And he didn't say anything about focusing it. The air molecules may bounce off him harder than normal (begging the questions of why his cells don't burst from internal pressure - well, must be his power, too.), but they're not going to "focus".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 05:15   Link #42
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He can only touch a bit of the cage. Not enough to lift the whole thing up.

And he didn't say anything about focusing it. The air molecules may bounce off him harder than normal (begging the questions of why his cells don't burst from internal pressure - well, must be his power, too.), but they're not going to "focus".
He can only touch a bit of the bullet, not enough to send it back. He can only touch a bit of the blood, not enough to make someone explode. He also throws girders in the OP. At this point it depends on how you define an "object." I think the show defines it differently than you do.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 06:04   Link #43
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
For science! I don't think they really care what he's doing, they just want to see what a level 6 is like. Incidentally, I'm kind of wondering if he went psycho because they're making him kill 10,000+ middle school girls. I think anyone would have a warped perspective on things by that point. Also, please don't spoil his backstory in response to this post.
I'm sure we are going to get a motivation montage once Mr. Hero of Justice faces the Psycho of this arc.

You have to wonder about Touma's luck. On the plus side he gets to meet girls, go through their routes, raise flags making them fall in love for him. On the sucky side he gets to inevitably get into trouble meeting sociopaths. Ending in the hospital every arc.

For somebody who has money trouble his Insurance must be fully paid for all those medical expenses. Micro-surgery of his right arm last time Sheesh.
ReddyRedWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 06:47   Link #44
Doc Astaroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He can only touch a bit of the cage. Not enough to lift the whole thing up.

And he didn't say anything about focusing it. The air molecules may bounce off him harder than normal (begging the questions of why his cells don't burst from internal pressure - well, must be his power, too.), but they're not going to "focus".
But it seems, he can change the direction of every object he touches, regardless how big they are.

And because everything in this universe moves relatively to something else, Accelator could move everything he wants in fact.

Spoiler:


Does anyone else know "The Circle of Dawn" by Ralf Isau?
In this books the hero can slow down things. After a diskussion with Albert Einstein he realizes that he could use his power to slow down the movements of molecules or someone´s movement with the circulation of earth.
In other words, he can use his power to freeze people or to let them crash by EARTH itself!


The rule behind this is: The simpler the power, the stronger it is!

Another example: Alcatraz Smedry, who owns the power of breaking everything... Really EVERYTHING, his forebear used this talent to break TIME itself!
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 08:13   Link #45
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I loved seeing The Shocker go all out her lighting attacks are pretty sick. But her story is also sad wanting to help people when she was a child undergoing experiments only to have her DNA used to make "sisters" that are being disposed of just to see the Accelerator reach level 6. I agree with her about helping them they are basically slaves but i dont think she needs to die in order to achieve this goal.

Other than more of Touma's lecture's nothing else really happened but i dont think it was a bad episode we got to see what makes Mikoto tick. Touma is annoying but this time around i cant really dislike him for it, hes trying to get someone to not waste their life and Mikoto is cool so it would be waste.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 08:48   Link #46
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
I loved seeing The Shocker go all out her lighting attacks are pretty sick.
I prefer "Biri Biri"

Quote:
2) I really disliked how they altered the Touma-Mikoto showdown, particularly the silly ending. They made it look like Mikoto was recoiling from Touma, scared to tears of the fact that he was still alive in the end, and that she seemed to accept having killed Touma fairly easily. Instead, at least in the manga (and I assume likewise in the novel), Touma regained consciousness while Mikoto held his head in her lap, crying. The author considered this scene key enough to even have an illustration added. Why the HELL did the director change
maybe next ep, Touma did passed out/collapsed, I'm sure mikoto would do that.
__________________
.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 10:01   Link #47
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I assume he can redirect forces touching him. His own gravity, for example, lets him accelerate at 9.8 m/s² in any direction. But the forces holding a metal bar together don't affect him so he can't do anything about them. He could push the bar and maybe double the force applied with his power (inverting Newton's action/reaction law), but no more. That shouldn't be enough. And neither would gravity be. Metal cages don't break apart under their own weight, no matter how your turn them, usually.
I don't know why you're so caught up on "forces". He has the power to arbitrarily change the velocity of anything he touches, be it a fundamental force or part of a solid object. If he wants to get out of a cage, he can just set its speed = lots (as in, whatever the heck he wants) and direction = up. Or set the velocities of different parts in different directions and burst it apart. Or fly/dash out and let his auto-defense repulsion mode clear the way. Or accelerate the air into a cutting edge and airblast his way out. Or accelerate the air even more until he has some sort of plasma to melt his way out. Etc, etc... With his power, the possibilities are endless.

When you have espers running around, you have to be a bit more flexible with natural laws.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 10:31   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I wonder though. Why a certain esper has a predisposition to a particular power.

Why does Mikoto has electrical-electromagnetic powers?

Why does Kuroko have teleportation.

Why does Accelerator automatically deflect anything?

Thus the age old question of nature vs nurture. (This is starting to sound like Heroes.)

Does personality or heredity have to do anything with how powers come to be?

Perhaps in this question is the answer to Touma's Imagine Breaker origins.
ReddyRedWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 12:04   Link #49
OverFunk
2014 is the year
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
I like how this has almost all the rating on the scale.

Didn't like this episode much either.
__________________

Never forget
OverFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 16:21   Link #50
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Great episode! Cant wait for the next one.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 16:22   Link #51
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CO, USA
Ugh, and I thought this anime wont have pointless episodes. I mean, 20 minutes, and almost nothing happened. They could've surely done it in 10 mins. Arg >.>
__________________
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 17:08   Link #52
Doc Astaroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I wonder though. Why a certain esper has a predisposition to a particular power.

Does personality or heredity have to do anything with how powers come to be?

Perhaps in this question is the answer to Touma's Imagine Breaker origins.
It seems that the brain is the origin of the esper´s powers.
Because no two brains are the same, every esper develops another power.

Spoiler:



This powers seems to work like a Reality Marble or Marble Phantasmn (if I have understood Tsukuyomi-sensei right), that means:
The power of espers and magicans in TCMI is the power to alter reality and probability.
Magicans do it with the help of higher spirit beings. (Power can be replicated.)
Espers do it by theirself. (Power can´t replicated.)

Basically Touma´s power is the ability to backset this changes and to recreate the primal reality.

Last edited by Doc Astaroth; 2008-12-23 at 18:29.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 17:12   Link #53
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Seems I am one of the few who actually liked this episode ...

For not having read neither novel nor manga or whatever, I dont mind explanation at all. Sure it was a lot of talk and a bit repetetive, but I see Mikoto being desperate to help her sisters and Touma being desperate to help Mikoto and her sisters, I believe its natural to shout at each other the way they did so I didnt find it boring or uninteresting.

What I like is that Touma actually can use brains before doing something (even if he didnt come up with a solution yet) to figure out what Mikoto was planning and is not the I-will-walk-into-the-enemy-lair-and-figure-something-out-when-Im-there type.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 17:55   Link #54
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Even they did argue for about the whole episode I still enjoy because of Mikoto lighting flashes.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 21:49   Link #55
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
For science! I don't think they really care what he's doing, they just want to see what a level 6 is like.
If he does get to lvl6 it will be the last thing they see...

Given that other lvl5's exist surly there are less psychotic options available.

And what's with the super computer being destroyed been a hindrance? They built the first what's stopping them from building another.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 23:48   Link #56
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'll agree that the episode was bad because it was basically the same thing repeating it's self around three times, though the music was on top form so i'll let it go.

& that seemed like a waste for an insert song.
Oh yeah, if there's one thing worth forgiving this show for, it's the music. And the cinematography in this ep was really good as well. This director has a really good grasp of cinematics, IMO. Storytelling, on the other hand...

Nonetheless, I don't think this ep is quite as bad as people are saying. At least they're not ramming a plot twist every minute down our throats like they did in some of the previous arcs.

Off topic, but KaneDragon: That sig is awesome.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 00:46   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
If he does get to lvl6 it will be the last thing they see...

Given that other lvl5's exist surly there are less psychotic options available.

And what's with the super computer being destroyed been a hindrance? They built the first what's stopping them from building another.
There may be less psychotic options out there, but because they aren't psychotic you wouldn't get them to do it. If thats their only method your not going to find many level 5's willing to slaughter thousands just to get to level 6.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 03:49   Link #58
OverFunk
2014 is the year
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
What I like is that Touma actually can use brains before doing something (even if he didnt come up with a solution yet) to figure out what Mikoto was planning and is not the I-will-walk-into-the-enemy-lair-and-figure-something-out-when-Im-there type.
As the previous arc showed, eh.
__________________

Never forget
OverFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 05:21   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
As the previous arc showed, eh.
Technically, he was forced to go there by Stiyl... And boss fights doesn't count, because you always have to improvise in boss fights.

So long story short, Espers can "reject your reality, and subsitute their own" I'm not sure why people didn't like the beginning with Komoe sensei's crash course lesson, but I thought it was interesting.

Moving on, I don't think this episode was bad, in fact my immediate impression was 'very good', but once I let it sink in, I do agree with many that they could have shorten it alot. They pretty much used up only 3/5th of a chapter, and I certainly agreed with Shiroth that they've chosen an odd moment for an insert song... As for the ending, as brilliant as waking up in the lap of Mikoto, I don't mind this one either... It looks like Touma would be saving both Mikoto and Misaka(s).

I'm intrigued by Accelarator's power; this is the first time I'm heard of anything like it... The Power of to control Vectors, the potential is almost limitless!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 10:32   Link #60
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And boss fights doesn't count, because you always have to improvise in boss fights.
Are there any other kind in this show?
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.