AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-20, 08:51   Link #21
blewin

I second FMP second raid.

also,

Eureka Seven - mecha
Scrapped Princess (there's a fight in the end. A mix of fantasy/sci-fic)
Zegapain - sci-fic/mecha
Old 2008-12-20, 13:00   Link #22
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

One more to add:

Samurai 7
Quote:
A small village is being persecuted by robbers who return every harvest to seize the village's crops. Faced with starvation, the villagers send out a mission to find and recruit some samurai to defend them. With no pay to offer except rice, and knowing full well that only down-on-their-luck samurai would even consider accepting such an deal, the villagers can only hope that their saviours will appear before the rice is ready for harvest.
It's basically Gonzo's reimagination of Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, set in a high-tech future with flying castles and mecha samurai.
Old 2008-12-20, 18:23   Link #23
Coruja

Man, you have to watch Rurouni Kenshin! The JupponGatana battle was awesome. Especially the last fight against Shishio Makoto, who is probably my favourite anime villain of all times.
The entire Kyoto arc is epic (check episodes 28-62), so I can only recommend it.
Old 2008-12-20, 23:37   Link #24
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

GaoGaiGar and GaoGaiGar Final- Nothing is more epic than that battle in Final. Few people here should know what i am talking about, would like to post the scene but its spoiler. And not to be mean but most of the anime mention above can't even compare, to GaoGaiGar's epicness, besides Gunbuster which barley compares to GaoGaiGar.
Old 2008-12-21, 19:37   Link #25
Cherudim Arche

I agree with Terrestrial Dream decision for recommending GaoGaiGar and GaoGaiGar Final for EPIC MECHA Battles.
Old 2008-12-22, 02:31   Link #26
MusoukaProductions
Kick reason to the curb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
GaoGaiGar and GaoGaiGar Final- Nothing is more epic than that battle in Final. Few people here should know what i am talking about, would like to post the scene but its spoiler. And not to be mean but most of the anime mention above can't even compare, to GaoGaiGar's epicness, besides Gunbuster which barley compares to GaoGaiGar.
I assume your sig is from that? It looks epic. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 2008-12-22, 23:32   Link #27
Tier3

I would second Eureka 7.

It may not be the MOST epic, but believe me, it makes up for it with a really good story and beautiful art.

Let's not forget the music. I DJ, and I mixed one of the tracks from Eureka 7 at a rave and people asked me what it was!!!
Old 2008-12-23, 01:14   Link #28
Crisano

I third Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid and second Shakugan no Shana II. I personally thought the Digimon animated franchise contained Epic Battles. especially Digimon Tamers with its gigantic D-Reaper. Blood+ could count, I suppose. I believe the second-to-last episode contains the final battle against Saya's foe. I do watch many Action shows, but strangely I cannot think of any other suggestions.
Old 2008-12-23, 01:45   Link #29
PurpleLightning

kenshins kyoto arc comes to mind and all gundam animes of course cowboy bebop and trigun... and someone referenced seed destiny... destiny gundam never destroys strike freedom... you got that wrong... shins a wuss... i'm thinking youre thinking impulse and freedom battle there.
Old 2008-12-23, 13:09   Link #30
MusoukaProductions
Kick reason to the curb

Thanks for the rest of the suggestions, got quite a few series to watch now.

I just watched the first episode of GaoGaiGar. Epicness confirmed. It already seems very similar to my favorite anime of all time: TTGL.
Old 2008-12-23, 21:17   Link #31
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusoukaProductions View Post
Thanks for the rest of the suggestions, got quite a few series to watch now.

I just watched the first episode of GaoGaiGar. Epicness confirmed. It already seems very similar to my favorite anime of all time: TTGL.
It should feel similar as they do have the same type of core idea, which is courage and will power overcome all obstacles. And not only that the voice of Gai Shishio, the main character of GaoGaiGar, is Nobyuki Hiyama who voiced Viral in TTGL . And the preview for the episode 16 of TTGL is kind of reference to GaoGaiGar.
Old 2008-12-28, 05:38   Link #32
animeprincess1212

Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny The final battles in both are pretty epic
Old 2009-01-01, 18:50   Link #33
darthsait

code geass!!!
Old 2009-01-01, 22:03   Link #34
GreatTeacherKen

Macross: Do You Remember Love? has an epic final battle set to a sentimental love song. And I think it's quite effective.
Closed Thread