AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-04, 22:43   Link #201
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
A perfectly acceptable excuse.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 23:30   Link #202
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Well, after some thought, and a bit of biasm, I'm gonna do my 00 Fanfiction with Godzilla in the Season 1 story arc.

I just need to figure out what part of the series is best for him to appear. I was thinking during ep 16, where the 3 powerblocks, all stage a counter offensive against the Gundams.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 03:05   Link #203
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
That's not a point, that's a reason, an excuse. A point would be if it had some meaning.

But then, everything is pointless when you get down to it. Everyone dies, everything crumbles into dust, and all feats lose any meaning they have. What was the point of Alexander the Great conquering the world? Few remember and even fewer care anymore.

I write fanfiction because it's a hobby that helps me relax, lets me indulge my imagination in regards to a series, and allows me to practice my writing and communication skills to make different points in different ways. I started out doing it as writing exercises, and found I enjoyed it.
I'll disagree on how everything is pointless. Just because you don't remember something it doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect on the world. Every action and interaction affects the world around us in some way-thus fanfiction can have a point, whether it inspires someone to write a piece of there own or helps the author to practice to write an original story which then has an affect on someone else.

Anyway, I should start trying to write the Reformation soon. I am just going over the material already written and I will start writing a couple of drafts.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 20:34   Link #204
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois
Due to episode 15 in Gundam 00 Second Season, now I'm a big fan of Tieria x Mileina!


Understanding You


This is such a cute story >///<

Credit: utagoe from Fanfiction.net



And I would like to request more Tieria x Mileina fan fics >_< If any of you find one, tell me! Thank you!
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 10:58   Link #205
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
It's Destiny!

Graham, Setsuna, and a total lack of yaoi of any kind.

Last edited by Dean_the_Young; 2009-01-22 at 10:12.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 10:13   Link #206
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
All hail the magnificence of GN Beer!

It might help to read the other Alternatives for context, but...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 02:17   Link #207
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
It probably would. Speaking of which I am confused on how and why Lyle is still living if Ali didn't "die" until much later after the time he ordered the bombing in Ireland.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 14:19   Link #208
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
It probably would. Speaking of which I am confused on how and why Lyle is still living if Ali didn't "die" until much later after the time he ordered the bombing in Ireland.
Why would Lyle die? He didn't in the anime time line. Or are you thinking of Amy, the lost little sister? I don't understand the question.

That said, Alternatives is effectively a Bizarro-universe, like on of those Marvel/DC comics where it turns out that the good guys are bad and vice versa. It's like that, only with a little more plausible. There's no single point of departure from the anime continuem, but it's hardly impossible.

The Kurdish bombing spares little Amy? Niel has a reason to stay home. Setsuna never betrayed by Ali? Still fighting for Kurdistan and believes in God. Using side material, things go worse for Graham and he gets kicked out of the Union airforce? Go fly for someone who will let him. Reasonable things like that.

That out of the way, I fully admit I'm not even going to try and comprehensively plan out everything like I've been doing for the Reformation-verse. Alternatives was/is an exercise in "what if," and to see the character interaction. It doesn't have a plot in mind, it probably won't be developed to anything approaching a conclusion, and to be frank I'm surprised I found as much material to work with as I did.

Still, what I have found can be gold, as this piece on the Trinities ranks around my personal favorite pieces yet...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 03:35   Link #209
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
And yeah I meant "Lyle's family"-being dopped up on pain killers and sleeping pills probably isn't the best idea when typing. I was just curious if Ali leaving for CB had anything to do with KPSA sparing Amy.

Also quick question; my subs may be wrong but was Setsuna fighting for the anti-goverment force of Kurdish or was it just a guerrilla faction of a crumbling government that no longer had a regular army?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 08:29   Link #210
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
And yeah I meant "Lyle's family"-being dopped up on pain killers and sleeping pills probably isn't the best idea when typing. I was just curious if Ali leaving for CB had anything to do with KPSA sparing Amy.
Well, 'sparing' might be the wrong word: she didn't die in the suicide bombing that killed the parents (which I suppose I should have made clearer). As for why and how, whatever floats your boat; maybe Amy went out with Lyle and Neil that day, instead of staying at home. Maybe she's crippled and in a wheelchair, ala Nunally, or maybe she's gone and made a good life for herself.

Personally, I doubt Ali leaving had much to do with it: I was making the implication that he left just before he would have turned traitor anyways.
Quote:
Also quick question; my subs may be wrong but was Setsuna fighting for the anti-goverment force of Kurdish or was it just a guerrilla faction of a crumbling government that no longer had a regular army?
Setsuna fought for Kurdistan and against Azadistan: that much is explained in cannon, especially when he meets Marina. I suspect he was the second option, and we can assume that his guerrila faction folded into the Kurdistan government in this Alternatives-verse.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 12:51   Link #211
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
What was the point of Alexander the Great conquering the world? Few remember and even fewer care anymore.

I suspect they remember him in places like, I dunno, Alexandria...


...and, for a rather different reason, in Iran.


(Burning Persepolis was a bit of a low point, perhaps.)


Speaking of Gundam fanfics, I had a bit of an oddball idea for one, but I dunno if I'll get the chance to sit down and try to make it work. (I have a couple of T-M-related fics to get finished first.)
__________________
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 14:32   Link #212
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I suspect they remember him in places like, I dunno, Alexandria...


...and, for a rather different reason, in Iran.


(Burning Persepolis was a bit of a low point, perhaps.)
Twas Hyperbole, my dear. Just making a point of how even the greatest of accomplishments fade in meaning over time. I am not a nihilist by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Speaking of Gundam fanfics, I had a bit of an oddball idea for one, but I dunno if I'll get the chance to sit down and try to make it work. (I have a couple of T-M-related fics to get finished first.)
Ooh, I love oddball ideas. Throw them at me, and I'll bounce them back at you.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 17:27   Link #213
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Seeing as I can't start typing of my Gundam 00 vs Gundam story, I just keep brainstorming. I've picked two possible time slots where Godzilla could appear in season 1. One being where the 3 power blocs stage the abush as seen in ep 16. OR near the end of the season during the battle iwth the UN forces.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 18:09   Link #214
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
Not often I get called 'my dear' by a Dean - or by a dean, for that matter...

...but anyway.


One idea I had was to try and see about looking at what Nena got up to in the time between the two series - though part of that was to do with finding an excuse to have that Turbulenz pack attached to her Throne Drei, if only for a short time.


Another is a bit of a less serious AU take on the setting, in which a certain maverick pilot would be among the first to encounter a (Mi)Gadessa up close - and soon gets sent to a programme for elite pilots, in which he tries to prove himself the best of the best...

...when he's not trying his luck with a new instructor he wants to lock on to.


No prizes for guessing what the name of that particular fic would be!



But, the idea which may be most likely is something I might steer one of my ongoing works into exploring - or, at least, exploring a slightly AU take on - the dawn of Celestial Being itself...
__________________
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:10   Link #215
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Not often I get called 'my dear' by a Dean - or by a dean, for that matter...

...but anyway.
See? It's your lucky day.
Quote:
One idea I had was to try and see about looking at what Nena got up to in the time between the two series - though part of that was to do with finding an excuse to have that Turbulenz pack attached to her Throne Drei, if only for a short time.
Possible, but ask yourself: what could you really do? Nena works for Wang Liu Mei: Wang Liu Mei is playing for the Innovators, and the Innovators have been unifying the world in the absence of CB. If Nena and a Gundam shows up and starts blowing stuff up, it would make quite a disturbance that was never suggested in the show itself.
Quote:
Another is a bit of a less serious AU take on the setting, in which a certain maverick pilot would be among the first to encounter a (Mi)Gadessa up close - and soon gets sent to a programme for elite pilots, in which he tries to prove himself the best of the best...

...when he's not trying his luck with a new instructor he wants to lock on to.


No prizes for guessing what the name of that particular fic would be!
No clue, 'cause I can't tell who you're referring to!

A maverick is someone independent in behavior and thought, which crosses out Patrick (hardly one to go against the crowd: he relishes the crowd to much) and Sergei (hardly one to defy convention). That really leaves Graham and Ali, both unconventional and who both come to be lone flyers. Neither one of whom lends themselves to romance.

But it sounds interesting!


Quote:
But, the idea which may be most likely is something I might steer one of my ongoing works into exploring - or, at least, exploring a slightly AU take on - the dawn of Celestial Being itself...
That sounds interesting too, in a different way. I don't think anyone's written on it at FFN, so there's novelty attention there.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:20   Link #216
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
See? It's your lucky day.
Quiiiiiiiiiite.

Quote:
Possible, but ask yourself: what could you really do? Nena works for Wang Liu Mei: Wang Liu Mei is playing for the Innovators, and the Innovators have been unifying the world in the absence of CB. If Nena and a Gundam shows up and starts blowing stuff up, it would make quite a disturbance that was never suggested in the show itself.
Well, the 2nd gen Gundams were doing their thing off-camera a whole generation before Exia first introduced itself to an unsuspecting crowd - plus there would be a short period after the end of season 1 and the onset of mass-produced GN-X models in which a Drei Turbulenz would be able to operate.

Of course, that is not to say that once the opportunity of using it without being able to leave no conclusive evidence in its wake wouldn't end up having to switch to the Riian instead.

And in any event, perhaps the whole reason Wang keeps Nena around is because she wants to have her own cards to play, instead of relying too much on the Innovators or anyone else?

Quote:
No clue, 'cause I can't tell who you're referring to!

A maverick is someone independent in behavior and thought, which crosses out Patrick (hardly one to go against the crowd: he relishes the crowd to much) and Sergei (hardly one to defy convention). That really leaves Graham and Ali, both unconventional and who both come to be lone flyers. Neither one of whom lends themselves to romance.

But it sounds interesting!
Or, you could consider Gene-1 as an option, perhaps...

...and besides, I'd want to have Graham be one of the instructors - naturally, using the Mr. Bushido callsign!

(And as for the name of the fic, think of a certain rather well-known 80s movie which had a broadly similar concept.)


Quote:
That sounds interesting too, in a different way. I don't think anyone's written on it at FFN, so there's novelty attention there.
Well, I still have to finish the first story (I have to write the epilogue) and then launch into the second - and if anything, if I do go for an alternate dawn-of-CB idea, it would not appear until the very end of that second story.
__________________
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:35   Link #217
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Quiiiiiiiiiite.
Hey now, don't be discriminating!

Quote:

Well, the 2nd gen Gundams were doing their thing off-camera a whole generation before Exia first introduced itself to an unsuspecting crowd - plus there would be a short period after the end of season 1 and the onset of mass-produced GN-X models in which a Drei Turbulenz would be able to operate.

Of course, that is not to say that once the opportunity of using it without being able to leave no conclusive evidence in its wake wouldn't end up having to switch to the Riian instead.

And in any event, perhaps the whole reason Wang keeps Nena around is because she wants to have her own cards to play, instead of relying too much on the Innovators or anyone else?
The reason given in-series is that it's because Nena has quantum brainwaves which allow her to hide from the Innovators: presumably that makes her a better agent in certain cases than Hong Long.

Quote:
Or, you could consider Gene-1 as an option, perhaps...

...and besides, I'd want to have Graham be one of the instructors - naturally, using the Mr. Bushido callsign!

(And as for the name of the fic, think of a certain rather well-known 80s movie which had a broadly similar concept.)
Top Gun. Oy, shoulda guessed.

Still, Lyle? Interesting choice. Just how much do you have planned out?


Quote:

Well, I still have to finish the first story (I have to write the epilogue) and then launch into the second - and if anything, if I do go for an alternate dawn-of-CB idea, it would not appear until the very end of that second story.
Well, writer knows best.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:40   Link #218
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Hey now, don't be discriminating!
Spoilsport.

Quote:
The reason given in-series is that it's because Nena has quantum brainwaves which allow her to hide from the Innovators: presumably that makes her a better agent in certain cases than Hong Long.
That I know - but I'm wondering if there wasn't a time when Wang was more reliant on sending Nena out Fereshte-like on her own, before she got involved with the Innovators...

Quote:
Top Gun. Oy, shoulda guessed.

Still, Lyle? Interesting choice. Just how much do you have planned out?
Well, more Top Gundam, in this case - and since I only got the idea a few days ago when watching Top Gun on TV, not a lot!


Quote:
Well, writer knows best.
Well, I have to try and work out what would take the events in the story as they are - set in 2007, as it happens - and would end up leading, one way or another, to those of a hundred years later.
__________________
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:53   Link #219
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Spoilsport.
My heart is as black as any mans! Believe it!
Quote:
That I know - but I'm wondering if there wasn't a time when Wang was more reliant on sending Nena out Fereshte-like on her own, before she got involved with the Innovators...
Well, good luck.


Quote:
Well, more Top Gundam, in this case - and since I only got the idea a few days ago when watching Top Gun on TV, not a lot!
Ouch, bad pun.

Well, even if you don't want an entire story, maybe a couple drabbles from here and there. Saves a lot of time and effort of the narration.


Quote:
Well, I have to try and work out what would take the events in the story as they are - set in 2007, as it happens - and would end up leading, one way or another, to those of a hundred years later.
2107, I think you mean: 00 takes place in 300 years, and Aeolia started CB 200 years before that...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 20:01   Link #220
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
My heart is as black as any mans! Believe it!
Well, I guess we do have it in writing, so...

(This is quite an odd conversation.)

Quote:
Well, good luck.
Assuming I try this fic one day, that is!

Quote:
Ouch, bad pun.

Well, even if you don't want an entire story, maybe a couple drabbles from here and there. Saves a lot of time and effort of the narration.
But the pun is part of the point!

And yeah, it would not exactly be a 100-pager, to be sure.

Quote:
2107, I think you mean: 00 takes place in 300 years, and Aeolia started CB 200 years before that...
You misunderstand - the story I've been writing already is set mainly in 2007, and if I do try to expand it to cover the dawn of CB, I'd have to work out a way to have things lead into 2107 (or 2090 or 2101, for that matter).
__________________
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.