AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-09, 18:49   Link #401
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Venezuela
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to johnishida Send a message via Skype™ to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
since i don't like to click several "spoiler" buttons to read a single reply, i'm just going to include everything under one bit spoiler tag~

Spoiler:
Spoiler for About Battler:
__________________

Last edited by johnishida; 2009-01-09 at 20:01.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 19:57   Link #402
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
More and more confusing it gets doesn't it?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 20:02   Link #403
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Funny thing about red text is that, strictly speaking, only Beatrice declared in red that when she speaks the truth she would use red text. From ep2,


真実を語る時、赤を使うことにする
妾が赤で語ることは全て真実


So arguablely, other people, such as Ronove or Eva-Beatrice or the ones in ep4, just said stuff in red and not necessarily to be the truth.

Of course, if that's what it turns out, it would be REALLY stupid. And thus, I think if one only looks at the red text and not trust the regular text (of course, with careful considerations), we would probably fall in a trap.
__________________
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 20:19   Link #404
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 26
I don't see an inelegant solution like "everyone is not who you think they are" as being the correct answer, and while I'll buy that there's strong evidence that Battler is not the only Battler, I don't think Kinzo is a transitory name. Did Kinzo ever have any name other than Kinzo? If you assume Kinzo is the name of the Ushiromiya head, then eventually Jessica (being the heir) would become Kinzo. I don't think that seems quite right. Nobody ever talked about passing on the name "Kinzo" before.

I'm sticking by my theory that every time someone "encounters" Kinzo, they actually found his will, unless Ep. 4 makes me believe otherwise.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 20:21   Link #405
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Red text only gives a few hints. I'm quite happy that Ryukishi didn't do revealing things like; Someone is faking their deaths. At first it seems like a good hint, but in reality it just gives you more suspects to point at, instead of narrowing down suspects like a hint usually does, instead it destroys your ability to use the process of elimination.

It's like a game of Guess Who except that every time you say something a person with that quality is flipped up again.
__________________

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 20:26   Link #406
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 26
That's a very good comparison, actually, haha. At first everyone is flipped down and it seems impossible, so to win, you need to flip some people up again, then flip them back down to 1. (Or however many culprits there are.)

Anyway, the whole meta-world illusions deal isn't any worse than Higurashi's hallucinations, and we have bits of guaranteed truth to help us along, so in some sense this game should be easier than the last. I think we've gotten used to Battler's way of arguing, which simply prevents him from losing the game, but doesn't really grant him victory. The actual way to solve a mystery is to find a way to fit all the pieces together elegantly, not to throw a mess of theories all over the place, and I feel like the setup of Beato's game actually serves to cloud the truth by confusing his objective.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 00:42   Link #407
orange541
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
Hina Ichigo ehehhe j/k
+1

That one she reminded me at the very first sight
__________________
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

--MATTHEW 24
orange541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 01:18   Link #408
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Spoiler for About Battler:
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 01:34   Link #409
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 26
Nobody (except maybe the servants) would bow down before someone as Kinzo just because he possessed some kind of item. Can you demonstrate that people aren't just reacting to Kinzo's will in reality, since "Kinzo events" are guaranteed to be meta-world anyway?

If not, you're making a fairly unlikely assumption.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 01:42   Link #410
orange541
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
ANO...

Anyone here got the lyrics of the BGM "Happy_Maria"?
__________________
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

--MATTHEW 24
orange541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 02:01   Link #411
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Venezuela
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to johnishida Send a message via Skype™ to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
Spoiler for About Battler:
Spoiler for About Battler and Ange:
__________________
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 03:53   Link #412
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Spoiler:
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 08:46   Link #413
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Venezuela
Age: 21
Spoiler for Kinzo name:
__________________
.
Goose Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 13:45   Link #414
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 26
I don't see why a new Kinzo is even necessary. Such a theory is a waste of one of the 17 pieces, since you basically have to "use up" someone else to make them Kinzo. Seeing Kinzo's will alone is enough to explain the red text, anything further seems to be based on a too-literal interpretation of what's seen in-game.

Further, none of the adults in the family would accept a new Kinzo; their respect for Kinzo is their respect for their father, not for some name or the title of Ushiromiya head. It would be utterly surreal if they simply went on as if some replacement was their father.

It's not a matter of proof. Do you think someone can just step in and replace one of your family members? They can have all the "proof" they want, but I don't think they'd be accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange541 View Post
ANO...

Anyone here got the lyrics of the BGM "Happy_Maria"?
Try the music discussion thread.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 06:40   Link #415
orange541
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Oh I see, thank you
__________________
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

--MATTHEW 24
orange541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:12   Link #416
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Venezuela
Age: 21
Yay! Full Ep3!
__________________
.
Goose Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 14:51   Link #417
Troyd
waboo
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: No
Uguu...can someone tell me who was the siesta who killed Krauss?
Troyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 15:08   Link #418
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Venezuela
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to johnishida Send a message via Skype™ to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyd View Post
Uguu...can someone tell me who was the siesta who killed Krauss?
It was never said.
__________________
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 15:11   Link #419
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Not only that, but the Siestas are always working together, so it is difficult to determine anyway.
Generally speaking, 410 is the one who is firing the golden arrow.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 01:07   Link #420
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I think the roles of the sisters are as follow:
Spoiler:
__________________
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.