AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-14, 00:34   Link #81
console65
GN Drive Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The only thing I don't like about it is its name...and it's really funnier when translated in chinese
Masurao translated in Chines means....?
__________________
"Continue the Destruction, Destroy the Rebirth."
console65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:36   Link #82
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The only thing I don't like about it is its name...and it's really funnier when translated in chinese
Its name are Maruso, which means "Brave man." What isn't cool about that?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:41   Link #83
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
The chinese sub group that I watch subs it as 猛男 , which kinda means fierce and muscle man...

A lot from chinese forum makes fun of that name too
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:49   Link #84
console65
GN Drive Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Its name are Maruso, which means "Brave man." What isn't cool about that?
Graham is brave going up against Gundams with nothing but swords. But his bravery doesn't matter when it comes to his skills. He lives for a good fight. Ali does too but he has no honor and uses dirty tactics.

Anyway, back to topic.

For Seraphim to be the first and only folded up backpack Gundam, it is my favorite. The mech designers did an awesome job with Seravee and it's counterpart Seraphim. Loved Seraphim's transformation sequence in episode 14.
__________________
"Continue the Destruction, Destroy the Rebirth."
console65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 02:21   Link #85
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
I also love the Ahead, but, at the same time....I kinda, ALMOST don't. I say this because, although the Ahead has a flowing menacing design, it's simply TOO good to be a mass production Mobile Suit.

If it were like...a major villain mobile suit, like Char's Zeong, then I'd probably like it 100% more.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 14:07   Link #86
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
My favourite bulky mecha design in Gundam:

ZZ/FAZZ Gundam:
Definitely my favourite.FAZZ got more weapon & armor but I prefer ZZ more.
If I had a chance to pilot one of these,I chose ZZ,period.

The 0:
Like it design & it hidden arm gimmicks.Who would've tought a bulky looking MS can move faster & colored with yellowish color.

Virtue/Seravee Gundam:
It GN Bazooka gimmick give it an outstanding fear factor to it enemy.I like Seravee more because it more powerful & have better melee capabilities.Seravee many arm & the recently reveal Seraphim Gundam make me like it more.

Providence Gundam:
A bulky design compare to Legend.Like it scary look & Dragoon system,overkill.Too bad it got whack by awesomness power of Freedom & Kira Yamato super ability.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 14:58   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
People fail for not mentioning much to do with G Gundam.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 15:34   Link #88
tanqexe
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Arch City
Partial list of Gundams:

F91 - My first true affection for Gundam, way back as a kid. The mixture of curves and angles was simply beautiful and elegant, outlining a very compact frame. The twin VSBR rifles are extremely versatile, and the strange ability of armor shedding was such a delight to see. On top of that, SNRI incorporated the biocomputer, which is basically the original Zero system. Too bad the F91 only showed up in one movie and not in a series. I liken the F91 to a sleek Porsche Carrera.

Nu Gundam - The first time you look at it, you can tell that the design was supposed to be very no-nonsense, yet it still had a very noble air about it. The fin funnels truly were revolutionary, along with the Psyco frame. When Rezen Schneider called for a retreat after nearly getting sniped by Amuro from beyond visible range and Amuro remarked that the retreat was a smart move, the only thing on my mind was: Oh baby. Bad. Ass.

The Delta and Zeta series (MSZ-006, Zplus, Hyaku Shiki, Delta plus): Nagano pulled off an incredible job in setting a design precedent with the Zeta and Hyaku Shiki/Delta designs. Every line on Zeta, Type 100, and their successors isn't wasted in showing that this lineage is built for speed and maneuverability. I think of the Zeta series as the Lamborghini line of mobile suit prototypes, with the Delta lineage being a close, curvier cousin.

Gundam Alex (NT-1) - The suit that Amuro was supposed to have. I guess I'm just a big fan of Izubuchi designs. Magnetic joint coating, Chobham armor, prototype 360 degree view cockpit, and arm gatlings - the Zeong would've been in a whole world of trouble if the NT-1 had made it into Amuro's hands. Plus, Chris was really easy on the eyes.

∀ Gundam - Tomino hit it out of the ballpark with hiring Syd Mead. The entire concept design of the ∀ Gundam is so futuristic and industrial, you can really believe it's constructed out of technology so advanced it might as well be magic. Syd Mead succeeded in the ∀ Gundam by applying industrial design concepts in such an organic way that the ∀ became a character in the series all on its own. When the ∀ Gundam moves and fights, it's incredibly beautiful to watch.

God Gundam - Um. Bakunetsu God Finger. Sekiha Love-Love Tenkyouken. Mobile Trace System that can cover Rain's body. Need I say more?

Gundam Exia - After the stale designs from the SEED franchise, I was very excited about the AD Gundams because they're such a refreshing take on the classic Gundam design. I was especially impressed with the ballet-like ability of the Exia to take on a number of opponents in close range combat. Futuristic, somewhat organic-looking, sleek.

Gundam 00 (not 00 Raiser) - A logical progression of the Generation 3 designs. Everything is more simplified, internalized, and angular due to the miniaturization and advancement of GN technology. The many benefits of the Twin Drive System are incredible to behold. I just wish that they'd done something different instead of slapping on a huge transforming fighter plane as a stabilizer. They should've gone the route of compact mission packs if they wanted to do that. Really, less is more.
tanqexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 18:28   Link #89
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34


Dendrobium ? METEOR ? GN-Arm ? They have nothing on this.
This is the ORIGINAL Mobile Platform unit design way back in the late 80's !
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:11   Link #90
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqexe View Post
Partial list of Gundams:

F91 - My first true affection for Gundam, way back as a kid. The mixture of curves and angles was simply beautiful and elegant, outlining a very compact frame. The twin VSBR rifles are extremely versatile, and the strange ability of armor shedding was such a delight to see. On top of that, SNRI incorporated the biocomputer, which is basically the original Zero system. Too bad the F91 only showed up in one movie and not in a series. I liken the F91 to a sleek Porsche Carrera.

Nu Gundam - The first time you look at it, you can tell that the design was supposed to be very no-nonsense, yet it still had a very noble air about it. The fin funnels truly were revolutionary, along with the Psyco frame. When Rezen Schneider called for a retreat after nearly getting sniped by Amuro from beyond visible range and Amuro remarked that the retreat was a smart move, the only thing on my mind was: Oh baby. Bad. Ass.

The Delta and Zeta series (MSZ-006, Zplus, Hyaku Shiki, Delta plus): Nagano pulled off an incredible job in setting a design precedent with the Zeta and Hyaku Shiki/Delta designs. Every line on Zeta, Type 100, and their successors isn't wasted in showing that this lineage is built for speed and maneuverability. I think of the Zeta series as the Lamborghini line of mobile suit prototypes, with the Delta lineage being a close, curvier cousin.

Gundam Alex (NT-1) - The suit that Amuro was supposed to have. I guess I'm just a big fan of Izubuchi designs. Magnetic joint coating, Chobham armor, prototype 360 degree view cockpit, and arm gatlings - the Zeong would've been in a whole world of trouble if the NT-1 had made it into Amuro's hands. Plus, Chris was really easy on the eyes.

∀ Gundam - Tomino hit it out of the ballpark with hiring Syd Mead. The entire concept design of the ∀ Gundam is so futuristic and industrial, you can really believe it's constructed out of technology so advanced it might as well be magic. Syd Mead succeeded in the ∀ Gundam by applying industrial design concepts in such an organic way that the ∀ became a character in the series all on its own. When the ∀ Gundam moves and fights, it's incredibly beautiful to watch.

God Gundam - Um. Bakunetsu God Finger. Sekiha Love-Love Tenkyouken. Mobile Trace System that can cover Rain's body. Need I say more?

Gundam Exia - After the stale designs from the SEED franchise, I was very excited about the AD Gundams because they're such a refreshing take on the classic Gundam design. I was especially impressed with the ballet-like ability of the Exia to take on a number of opponents in close range combat. Futuristic, somewhat organic-looking, sleek.

Gundam 00 (not 00 Raiser) - A logical progression of the Generation 3 designs. Everything is more simplified, internalized, and angular due to the miniaturization and advancement of GN technology. The many benefits of the Twin Drive System are incredible to behold. I just wish that they'd done something different instead of slapping on a huge transforming fighter plane as a stabilizer. They should've gone the route of compact mission packs if they wanted to do that. Really, less is more.
I totally full heartedly agree with you on this. The 00 Raizer isn't much of a cool design, it's a little odd to me. Instead of putting on a huge ass fighter craft, they should have went the UC way, using a special magnetic coating on the frame.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:13   Link #91
CollectDust
CGUE DEEP arms
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Mine is nothing special.

ZGMF-515 CGUE
and CGUE DEEP ARMS (Highly modified Cgue).

CGUE has nice color, simple equipement, nice head design (Looks as if it has a feather on the helm). It's not powerful compared to Gundams but it has a great Mobile suit design. I'm also fan of ZAFT mobile suit designs. (Dinn, and GuAIZ are also great).
__________________

Justice and Faith, Ignorance and Escapism
CollectDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:34   Link #92
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orgrimmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
People fail for not mentioning much to do with G Gundam.
I seriously can't understand that point ...mean no offense here...Other than God and Master Gundam, the other Designs were pretty much hurts my eyes... Mermaid, Noble, Nether, Viking, even Devil...Geez...seriously...
__________________
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:40   Link #93
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
I mentioned Grand Gundam. The #1 BEST design in all of G-Gundam.

Don't that count?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:43   Link #94
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orgrimmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I mentioned Grand Gundam. The #1 BEST design in all of G-Gundam.

Don't that count?
Ah?...this??
Spoiler for Grand Gundm:



No...not for me at the very least...you sir, have a very unique taste IMHO...
__________________
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:46   Link #95
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
I actually have a very standard taste in Gundam.

As the Grand Gundam is the ONLY design from that series I really like.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:46   Link #96
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Alot of G Gundam's mechs can lay waste to most other Gundam out there. The show also has some of the most awesome pilots by attitude and skills lol
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:49   Link #97
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orgrimmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Alot of G Gundam's mechs can lay waste to most other Gundam out there. The show also has some of the most awesome pilots by attitude and skills lol
Yeah..I can see that...I'm used to be very surprised by how G-Gundam MSs and Pilot got a Ridiculously High Stats compared to MSs from the Other series in some games...
__________________
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 20:04   Link #98
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Another G Gundam that I consider my favorite was Bolt Gundam. For its wrecking ball attached shoulder arm, in addition to its bulkiness and weight. The shoot out ball and connect before commencing battle. I do love the Gaia crusher special as well, how it morphs the land to its advantage or other aspect.

*Grand Gundam is truly my favorite gundam of G Gundam, for I never really get sick of the design.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 20:16   Link #99
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherudim Arche View Post
Another G Gundam that I consider my favorite was Bolt Gundam. For its wrecking ball attached shoulder arm, in addition to its bulkiness and weight. The shoot out ball and connect before commencing battle. I do love the Gaia crusher special as well, how it morphs the land to its advantage or other aspect.

*Grand Gundam is truly my favorite gundam of G Gundam, for I never really get sick of the design.
You sir win at life!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 20:17   Link #100
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
C.A. stands for Club Ace originally, but has since become other things or just C.A. by its own.

My favourite G Gundam mech is not Dragon Gundam though, Nobel is my favourite lol, besides God and Master.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.