AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-14, 11:21   Link #81
TheAlucid
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
11th was its sell chart ranking for a given month.
France market is one of the most competitive as its a home of the Franco-Belgian comics or BD.
We call Comics & Manga the 9th art here
Very encouraging, can't stand it when I'm reading a good series and it ends prematurely because it never made it past obscurity and it's market wasn't big enough to support it.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 11:40   Link #82
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Hm ▄bel Blatt...
I love when Japanese give their animes German names,
for example ElfenLied. ^^
But ▄bel Blatt .... these are 2 German words but I can't see any sense to it.
__________________
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 13:09   Link #83
KrebMarkt
Never do well
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CENSORED
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
Very encouraging, can't stand it when I'm reading a good series and it ends prematurely because it never made it past obscurity and it's market wasn't big enough to support it.
I compared the french version and the english scanlation.
English scanlation is better to not say more
The way the dialogs has been simplified to bare minimum in the french translation is sad.
It is still a good purchase seinen book format, correct jacket & the omake translated.
By the way Ubel Blatt french editor is also doing Kurokami in french.

French Bande DessinÚ, Manga & Comics market is rather strong among world top 5.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 13:26   Link #84
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
Hm ▄bel Blatt...
I love when Japanese give their animes German names,
for example ElfenLied. ^^
But ▄bel Blatt .... these are 2 German words but I can't see any sense to it.
and what exactly does "Ubel Blatt" mean? Well, it sounds cool at least .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 13:56   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
and what exactly does "Ubel Blatt" mean? Well, it sounds cool at least .

in Chinese the literal translation is: Demon Area Hero Legend

after rearrangement to make sense: Legend of the Hero in the Demon Area

also the Japanese Schedual for release is 6 months per vol. Vol8 was release 9/25/08, so vol9 will be in 3/25/09. The Chinese got their release for vol8 around late Nov. There is/was a bi-weekly chapter rls in japan but i haven't seen any since May in 08.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 22:33   Link #86
TheAlucid
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
and what exactly does "Ubel Blatt" mean? Well, it sounds cool at least .
According to various sources the native German translation of the word means something like 'Bad Leaf'. But one of the more literal translations could be 'Evil Blade'.

So the title the author was probably going for was 'Evil Blade'. Just to most native speakers the phrase usually intends something different.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 22:36   Link #87
TheAlucid
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
I compared the french version and the english scanlation.
English scanlation is better to not say more
The way the dialogs has been simplified to bare minimum in the french translation is sad.
It is still a good purchase seinen book format, correct jacket & the omake translated.
By the way Ubel Blatt french editor is also doing Kurokami in french.

French Bande DessinÚ, Manga & Comics market is rather strong among world top 5.
Sorry to hear about the difference in translation qualities. My guess is that most unofficial English translators take artistic license and elaborate on phrases which would usually appear a bit more dull.

Glad to hear that it's running strong on the world stage though, as I stated before: Hate it when a good series gets dropped because of a lack of readers.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 05:37   Link #88
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
and what exactly does "Ubel Blatt" mean? Well, it sounds cool at least .

ehm.... if i translate the words separately:


sick ; leaf

but in combination it would had been written:

▄bles Blatt... what also hasn't a true meaning.

So I dislike this title.^^

Elfenlied was at least a real word and meant "song of elfs"


So far^^
__________________

Last edited by Hs Vi Germania; 2009-01-17 at 05:37. Reason: Hell ya my grammar is also bad.^^
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 23:43   Link #89
Avisch
Reality Blender
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Started reading the manga today. Finished all scanlated chapters today.

This has turned out to be one of the best seinen manga I've read.
Overall, I really like seinen manga cause most of the time they have dark stories. And this also has that whilst also being partially light hearted.

The sex in it really surprised me. I haven't seen that much in seinen manga (sure you see undertones though). I thought scene between Koinzell and Altea was pretty funny
Spoiler for scene:


I really gotta compliment the manga-ka for some grade A pacing. The development has been very good.

Complaints? I agree on the bit about the villains. Evil for the sake of evil gets kind of old
the only interesting antagonists have come about in volume 5 (Ikfes and Elsarea). So maybe things will get better.

It reminds me a bit of Immortal Regis in terms of presentation. But overall I find it much better because the pacing difference (immortal regis goes too fast to have any good character development).


Spoiler for What I'm confused at:
__________________

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 07:15   Link #90
Luminisk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Age: 26
*sigh* I finally gave into the temptation of looking at the raws (looking not reading); I'll probably hate myself later for spoiling it.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
__________________

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 08:59   Link #91
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler for Volume 8:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 21:29   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for Volume 8:
The gist of the latest scanlated chapter pretty much summed it up.

There were a million and one ways towards solving their clash of interest 20 years ago and Glen is just pondering the mistakes of his youth by choosing the most jealousy-fueled one.

Like the woman said, even if the 4 Lances had to die, there was absolutely no reason to smear dirt in their names by calling them traitors. It adds to nothing other than making the 7 losers seem a little bit more glorified by taking out some traitors.

It doesn't change the fact that the majority of the 7 remained as asses though, even if Glen had matured a bit.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 02:09   Link #93
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hm, what? Do you mean you actually bought his story? Maybe he has matured a bit. Maybe he's just throwing her a bone so she won't cause trouble, or because he pities her. Or maybe he's just better than the others at keeping in character as a "hero".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 02:19   Link #94
TheAlucid
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The gist of the latest scanlated chapter pretty much summed it up.

There were a million and one ways towards solving their clash of interest 20 years ago and Glen is just pondering the mistakes of his youth by choosing the most jealousy-fueled one.

Like the woman said, even if the 4 Lances had to die, there was absolutely no reason to smear dirt in their names by calling them traitors. It adds to nothing other than making the 7 losers seem a little bit more glorified by taking out some traitors.

It doesn't change the fact that the majority of the 7 remained as asses though, even if Glen had matured a bit.
Mmm, the important thing here though was that he wasn't even remotely honest, the only thing he did was remove a bit of the scandal surrounding the four.

Instead of the seven killing them for being traitors, they killed them because they wanted to go off on some idiotic scheme for peace. The story still misses the fact that the seven were the actual betrayers, albeit I doubt Glen would throw in that fact even if he was entirely altruistic.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 03:19   Link #95
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Who is it that kills Glen?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 02:19   Link #96
TheAlucid
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Who is it that kills Glen?
Spoiler:
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 16:18   Link #97
Toreno
すごい!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
and what exactly does "Ubel Blatt" mean? Well, it sounds cool at least .
It doesn't sound cool at all in German. (disregarding that it has to be "▄bles Blatt" ^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
sick
"▄bel" can also mean "evil"/"bad".
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 16:37   Link #98
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
It doesn't sound cool at all in German. (disregarding that it has to be "▄bles Blatt" ^^)



"▄bel" can also mean "evil"/"bad".
Dito. It sounds ugly if u know the meaning.
And I also know what it means in German ... nur mal so nebenbei
__________________
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 17:26   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Personally, I thought it meant "evil cockroach", which referred to how hard to kill Koinzell was...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 20:02   Link #100
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Bah i wished Ubel Blatt would release more quickly.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.