AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-09, 09:49   Link #261
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Oh people you got OtseisRagnarok wrong.
Sasuke wanting war was a joke cause we compared him to Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 22:15   Link #262
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Uzumaki View Post
wow take a breath lol
what i dont understand is, if sasuke could go into naruto's head, and supress Mr fox then why couldnt he just do that to good ol' eight tails.

If sharigan can only control/restrain kyuubi then i will be very disappointed as it gives sasuke yet another advan agains Uzumaki, which he doesnt need.

also Itachi was probably the greatest nin around he had respect, and knew about sacrifice for the greater good, something jealous lilttle sasuke will never understand
Think the other way around. Sasuke could help Naruto to master controlling the Kyuubi.
Old 2009-01-10, 06:49   Link #263
Josh Uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Think the other way around. Sasuke could help Naruto to master controlling the Kyuubi.
he wouldnt help him. end of, they are ememies now/well sorta
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 07:36   Link #264
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
Sasuke hates the village. I think the only reason he would've killed Naruto was to obtain the MS. With that complete I doubt he has an reason left to kill Naruto, except for breaking his bonds with him. I'm not really sure.

Anyway, Sasuke woudl be a good aid in helping Naruto control the Kyuubi. I'm not for certain on this, but I think despite what Sasuke now says, he still holds some close tie to Naruto that he wouldn't want to break off so easily. I'm certain that some part of him still cares. A perfect example would be his change of heart for Itachi. Naruto was-is, and may always be his closest friend, like a brother to him. And on top of that Naruto hasn't doen anything to make Sasuke hate him to an extreme extent, so he MAY be willing to help him in the end.
Old 2009-01-10, 10:40   Link #265
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Sasuke hates the village. I think the only reason he would've killed Naruto was to obtain the MS. With that complete I doubt he has an reason left to kill Naruto, except for breaking his bonds with him. I'm not really sure.

Anyway, Sasuke woudl be a good aid in helping Naruto control the Kyuubi. I'm not for certain on this, but I think despite what Sasuke now says, he still holds some close tie to Naruto that he wouldn't want to break off so easily. I'm certain that some part of him still cares. A perfect example would be his change of heart for Itachi. Naruto was-is, and may always be his closest friend, like a brother to him. And on top of that Naruto hasn't doen anything to make Sasuke hate him to an extreme extent, so he MAY be willing to help him in the end.
Of course he will. I also immagined a fight inside Naruto between Madara and Sasuke, both willing to control/suppress control of the Kyuubi.
Sharingan seems to be a certain key to the Kyuubi's power and I guess Sasuke could suppress the Kyuubi's power even faster than Yamato can when Naruto's training. At some point, Sasuke might admit that Naruto is stronger or has more potential concerning raw power because of the Kyuubi and his mass of chakra. That won't make Sasuke a weakling, so don't be worried, Sasuke fans, it's just the protagonist's bonus in Naruto and the conclusion of the whole story. Sasuke might be the perfect partner for Naruto in an Akatsuki-like duo. I expect one person not to be enough to fight Madara. Of course he's called a shell of his former self, but in fact, he has shown no weakspots and his plan is flawless. Itachi was also a shell of his former self, taking strong medicine to keep it up and yet he was quite an aspect.
No matter what's happened to Madara, he's the only EMS user, he might be the most experienced fighter of all with quite some background knowledge and he's set up everything for decades. I thought about Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto fighting him, but maybe Sakura is still too weak not to be a burden. She could just be taken hostage and make Sasuke and Naruto lose focus.
Old 2009-01-11, 06:33   Link #266
Josh Uzumaki

it would be hard for sasuke to take back what he has done, and to admit he has made some bad choices, i think before he sides with naruto, their will be anohter fight between them, and that powerr Itachi gave him might just accidentally come out, and seriously mess sasuke up
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 14:05   Link #267
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
i doubt it would be that hard considering how easily I think Naruto would be willing to forgive him.

Also, on another note. I wonder who would have better control over the Kyuubi, Sasuke, or Madara?

The Kyuubi said himself that the chakra of Sasuke was even more sinister than that of Madara's. But when it comes to plain skill Madara has Sasuke outranked, no doubt. I'm guessing it would come more to who the Kyuubi would yeild to the most easily.(Sorry if my wording didn't make much sense, if you don't understand I can try to reword it.)
Old 2009-01-12, 14:08   Link #268
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
i doubt it would be that hard considering how easily I think Naruto would be willing to forgive him.

Also, on another note. I wonder who would have better control over the Kyuubi, Sasuke, or Madara?

The Kyuubi said himself that the chakra of Sasuke was even more sinister than that of Madara's. But when it comes to plain skill Madara has Sasuke outranked, no doubt. I'm guessing it would come more to who the Kyuubi would yeild to the most easily.(Sorry if my wording didn't make much sense, if you don't understand I can try to reword it.)
Kyuubi said Uchiha's chakra was more sinister than his own, and commented on Madara as the one he was referencing as the prime example.
Old 2009-01-12, 22:09   Link #269
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

*smacks forehead* I feel kinda stupid now. My bad.

I thought that he said that, but I doubted myself, and said the wrong thing anyway, sorry. ^^;
Old 2009-01-15, 03:44   Link #270
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No matter how you look at it, Itachi is a pacifist. He killed his entire clan to prevent a civil war, he didn't kill kakashi during their first encounter (and he could have easily done more than sending him to the hospital) and well,in the end he got the good-dying-person look,how can you be mad at that? *puppy eyes*
Old 2009-01-15, 16:26   Link #271
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
No matter how you look at it, Itachi is a pacifist. He killed his entire clan to prevent a civil war, he didn't kill kakashi during their first encounter (and he could have easily done more than sending him to the hospital) and well,in the end he got the good-dying-person look,how can you be mad at that? *puppy eyes*
I'm not mad, I'm just... disappointed.
Old 2009-01-15, 17:34   Link #272
james0246

Quote:
Itachi's actions may be somewhat understandable (I still think he had a few screws loose and many missing marbles), but I have to say that you and I have very different definitions of pacifism. I do not remember Mother Teresa, Gandhi, or Martin Luther King slaughtering groups of people in order to "keep the peace"...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-01-15 at 23:20. Reason: Weird spelling errors...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 22:21   Link #273
LaceNFrills

I like Itachi even more now that I realized that he is some what thoughtful. I dislike any bad guys who kill just for pleasure and enjoyment.
LaceNFrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:10   Link #274
SpyderSidiouss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Itachi's actions may be somewhat understandable (I still think he had a few screws loose and many missing marbles), but I have to say that you and I have very different definitions of pacifism. I do not remember Mother Teresa, Gandhi, or Martin Luther King slaughtering groups of people in order to "keep the peace"...
LOL! yeah thats true. its weird how hes described as a person who would only kill when necessary... but i don't see how its necessary to kill EVERYONE in your clan (except for the plot of course), i mean there must have been SOME people who weren't going to go along with the revolution ?
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 07:51   Link #275
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

The definition of Pacifist you have is wrong. Being a pacifist means you will refuse to fight under any circumstances. Just not wanting to fight doesn't make you one.
Old 2009-01-16, 09:52   Link #276
Kafriel
Senior Guest

See it this way, had Itachi refused to kill the Uchihas, Konoha would break in two clans and fight each other for the title of "king", and that would mean lots of the Uchihas dying anyway but drawing many innocent people along too.As destruction was inevitable, he chose to make a sacrifice for the greater good.
Kafriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 11:46   Link #277
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
See it this way, had Itachi refused to kill the Uchihas, Konoha would break in two clans and fight each other for the title of "king", and that would mean lots of the Uchihas dying anyway but drawing many innocent people along too.As destruction was inevitable, he chose to make a sacrifice for the greater good.
That still doesn't make him a pacifist.
I think that deep down, Itachi hated the clan. All the pressure they put on him to succeed. All the high expectations, Itachi couldn't deal with it, and was more than happy to kill his parents. The rest of the clan was just a side issue.
It came down to killing them all now, or fighting alongside them to kill the villagers. He made his choice.
Old 2009-01-16, 16:34   Link #278
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceNFrills View Post
I like Itachi even more now that I realized that he is some what thoughtful. I dislike any bad guys who kill just for pleasure and enjoyment.
I like those guys the most.
In my opinion there are three types of villains.

1. The ones who suffer from inferiority complexes, seeking for world domination or revenge, for example. Flat and easy calculatable, just boring but the most common ones.
Examples: 80% of all villains and Sasuke^^

2. The ones who kill for the greater good (e.g. a better world or preventing sth. really bad from happening)
Those are the only ones who are not necessarily flat, however they hardly fit to be called villains.
Examples. Pain, Big Boss, Aoshi Shinamori

3. The ones who just enjoy killing / being evil.^^
I have to admit that they are also flat but theyīre not easy calculatable. In addition, those are the only ones who can never be convinced that what they do is wrong. The only thing that would make them stop killing is getting bored by it. And thatīs why I like them the most.
Examples: The Joker, Kid-Buu, Priscilla
Sorry, canīt think of more right now. ^^
Old 2009-01-16, 23:24   Link #279
LaceNFrills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post

I have to admit that they are also flat but theyīre not easy calculatable. In addition, those are the only ones who can never be convinced that what they do is wrong. The only thing that would make them stop killing is getting bored by it. And thatīs why I like them the most.
Oh, yeah! The Joker is cool. But I think there's a reason behind all the evilness (like what happened to the villains in the past that might have caused them to turn evil.) I think the villains who are just evil for no reasons usually are not very great (or smart). The Joker had a bad past.
LaceNFrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 14:12   Link #280
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I like those guys the most.
In my opinion there are three types of villains.

1. The ones who suffer from inferiority complexes, seeking for world domination or revenge, for example. Flat and easy calculatable, just boring but the most common ones.
Examples: 80% of all villains and Sasuke^^

2. The ones who kill for the greater good (e.g. a better world or preventing sth. really bad from happening)
Those are the only ones who are not necessarily flat, however they hardly fit to be called villains.
Examples. Pain, Big Boss, Aoshi Shinamori

Awesome summary. Big props, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceNFrills View Post
Oh, yeah! The Joker is cool. But I think there's a reason behind all the evilness (like what happened to the villains in the past that might have caused them to turn evil.) I think the villains who are just evil for no reasons usually are not very great (or smart). The Joker had a bad past.
Are you kidding? The joker killed for the sake of creating chaos. All his stories about his past kept changing, and that's how you knew he was lying...