AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-05-17, 09:54   Link #1
Kaori

Horrible d/l speeds suddenly, NOT involving a firewall!

Okay, we recently (finally!) got a DSL line a few months ago, and up until the past week I've been fairly happy with it. On average my BT speeds ranged from 60-100+k/s, even on torrents with as little as 2 or 3 seeds. Sure, it'd be slow once in awhile but that's what I'd get most of the time.
Unfortunately, for the past week, since I've been home for the summer, I've been getting speeds worse than I was getting on dial-up. If I connect at all, I usually don't get beyond 3k/s, 8k/s at the most. Unlike what seems to be the trouble with most cases, I'm NOT behind a router or firewall, and obviously have all ports open!
At first I thought it might just be a certain tracker, but no matter what I try it's still insanely slow. I'm using ABC and have tried capping the upload, changing how many peers to stay connected to, nothing works! Any ideas? =(
Kaori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 10:28   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori
Okay, we recently (finally!) got a DSL line a few months ago, and up until the past week I've been fairly happy with it. On average my BT speeds ranged from 60-100+k/s, even on torrents with as little as 2 or 3 seeds. Sure, it'd be slow once in awhile but that's what I'd get most of the time.
Unfortunately, for the past week, since I've been home for the summer, I've been getting speeds worse than I was getting on dial-up. If I connect at all, I usually don't get beyond 3k/s, 8k/s at the most. Unlike what seems to be the trouble with most cases, I'm NOT behind a router or firewall, and obviously have all ports open!
At first I thought it might just be a certain tracker, but no matter what I try it's still insanely slow. I'm using ABC and have tried capping the upload, changing how many peers to stay connected to, nothing works! Any ideas? =(
For starters try another client.

Do you remember what you did install/uninstall before you got such slow rates?
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 11:24   Link #3
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori
This sounds suspiciously like the XP firewall is active, are you sure you haven't upgraded to SP1 or SP2 or installed any kind of networking device and the settings have changed themselves? (This happened to me after I installed a wireless network card and again after I updated to SP1).