AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-17, 03:35   Link #441
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Somewhat related, but has anyone seen the Yumina PVs or tried the demo? I say somewhat, because the same team that was behind Seinarukana is also behind Yumina the Ethereal.

It's got a pretty interesting battle system, and it features a lot of characters too, with a lot of big-name seiyuus behind some of them (like Kazane and Shizuka Itou for example). Pretty SRW-ish too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Narukana's defence skill is a low cost ( one mana ) balanced defence with counter. I must say one of the best defence skill although you really run it out very easily.
Ah, Immortal Mirror. Now I remember. Yeah, it's very, VERY good. But very very easy to run out of as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelFarm View Post
There would've been WAY too much rape if that were the case.
I suppose, but seeing as you get the skill near end-game, and all bosses get Protection defense, it reduces Primordial One to nothing but cannon fodder use. Hardly something I'd use for Narukana-sama's penultimate final attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
If she didn't faint every time she saw a whale that could be true ^____^

Well, except that she runs out of her useful skills and HP way too quickly (part of it being the very limited amount of defence skills). I don't really like Using Katima in a team, she does just fine as an AR as long as she can reach a town before dying =))) My fav. as a chara is Ruputna (and boy, the system sounds I got after completing her route = priceless!), but in terms of skills Euphie is probably best =)

Satsuki/Zetsu/Jatzieta is a good team, I normally use Thalia/Zetsu/Naya though (not like it makes that much difference - except the bigger damage with vanish skills). That is an ultimate pwnage team, with Final VelocityII and Flame ShowerII and Icicle ArrowII not much can stop them. Second to that is the Sorluska/Ruputna/Jazeita team (no Final VelocityII for me, at least yet... maybe on the next playthrough).



Well, haven't gotten to SuperHard quite yet. I do imagine that the %skills will get only stronger in SH - it's SH after all.

I couldn't use Sorluska or Katima AR for the Management Gods fight on second playthrough because they didn't have good enough Defence skills and died before the 20 rounds were over. The easiest way is Nozomu with [Pr] defence skills.

ARs are cool, but I'm not doing what you are primarily because I want to have all the characters out on the field - so that I can level them up gradually (I'm not a huge fan of power-gaming, so...).
It wasn't really so much power-gaming as it was just clearing through the map in the quickest way possible. If you've noticed, the fastest ones on my AR list are Katima and Zetsu, and that's because I use them to clear the pests out of the others' way. The rest are all steamrollers given then full skill sets, so no enemies or bosses can stand against them.

I just really like making use of the AR system. I'd love Seinarukana more if I could have six AR spots right from the start.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 03:50   Link #442
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Backyard of Moriya shrine
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
If she didn't faint every time she saw a whale that could be true ^____^

Well, except that she runs out of her useful skills and HP way too quickly (part of it being the very limited amount of defence skills). I don't really like Using Katima in a team, she does just fine as an AR as long as she can reach a town before dying =))) My fav. as a chara is Ruputna (and boy, the system sounds I got after completing her route = priceless!), but in terms of skills Euphie is probably best =)

Satsuki/Zetsu/Jatzieta is a good team, I normally use Thalia/Zetsu/Naya though (not like it makes that much difference - except the bigger damage with vanish skills). That is an ultimate pwnage team, with Final VelocityII and Flame ShowerII and Icicle ArrowII not much can stop them. Second to that is the Sorluska/Ruputna/Jazeita team (no Final VelocityII for me, at least yet... maybe on the next playthrough).



Well, haven't gotten to SuperHard quite yet. I do imagine that the %skills will get only stronger in SH - it's SH after all.

I couldn't use Sorluska or Katima AR for the Management Gods fight on second playthrough because they didn't have good enough Defence skills and died before the 20 rounds were over. The easiest way is Nozomu with [Pr] defence skills.

ARs are cool, but I'm not doing what you are primarily because I want to have all the characters out on the field - so that I can level them up gradually (I'm not a huge fan of power-gaming, so...).
%skills do damage based on the current HP and on hard and super hard there are lots of them.

About levels; they are only important on normal modes. On hard and super hard it's handy to have an higher level, but the most important is to have the right skill set and group combination.

AR; well I use AR for Narukana and Euphie. Nice defence, attack + they able to heal herself. And yeah, if you want quickly through a level use Sol, katima and Zetsu.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 11:26   Link #443
Ausdoerrt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Well, seeing like levels tend to increase HP and all the stats, wouldn't call them unimportant. Had I hot been leveling my charas, I'd not be able to make it through Hard with lvl30. Some of the boss battles rely on you having a decent amount of HP as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Somewhat related, but has anyone seen the Yumina PVs or tried the demo? I say somewhat, because the same team that was behind Seinarukana is also behind Yumina the Ethereal.
Hmm, it is? It's made by a different company though... I might give it a try once it's out; unfortunately the art for the game looks closer to Aselia than Seinarukana, which for me is not a good thing.
Ausdoerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 12:45   Link #444
lightl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Somewhat related, but has anyone seen the Yumina PVs or tried the demo? I say somewhat, because the same team that was behind Seinarukana is also behind Yumina the Ethereal.
played the trial its ok I find the SD character funny, I will have the game next friday so I hope to give a impresion sometime before the end of the month
theart I think is more inbetween the 2 games , better than Aselia , but not up to Seinarukana
@ Ausdoerrt try the trial demo , gives both battle system , and a bit of the begaining of the game
any ways back to Seinarukana 1 play though down 17 more to go
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 08:34   Link #445
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
Hmm, it is? It's made by a different company though... I might give it a try once it's out; unfortunately the art for the game looks closer to Aselia than Seinarukana, which for me is not a good thing.
The team behind Eien no Aselia and Seinarukana left Xuse and started Eternal, the company behind Yumina.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 13:23   Link #446
Ausdoerrt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
The team behind Eien no Aselia and Seinarukana left Xuse and started Eternal, the company behind Yumina.
Oh, is that so... Makes me somewhat worried about the third chapter of Eien no Aseria...
Ausdoerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 05:05   Link #447
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
We can hope Eternal does the third because Xuse wouldn't have a hope without that team?

I heard there's something extra unlocked if you do all 18 playthroughs. Is that true, plus what do you get for doing them all?
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 05:08   Link #448
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
We can hope Eternal does the third because Xuse wouldn't have a hope without that team?

I heard there's something extra unlocked if you do all 18 playthroughs. Is that true, plus what do you get for doing them all?
They'd have to buy out the rights for the Eien no Aselia series then, something which Xuse is definitely not willing to do (given that they're milking the franchise as a means of staying afloat).

Also, I don't remember having unlocked anything special after 18 runs. Must be a gag. You just get special skills in Super Hard, that's it.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 08:33   Link #449
Ausdoerrt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
They'd have to buy out the rights for the Eien no Aselia series then, something which Xuse is definitely not willing to do (given that they're milking the franchise as a means of staying afloat).

Also, I don't remember having unlocked anything special after 18 runs. Must be a gag. You just get special skills in Super Hard, that's it.
18 playthroughs? First time hearing this. Where does the number come from anyway?

As a side-note, how does one unlock the Thalia H-scene omake?
Ausdoerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 09:28   Link #450
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
6 Normal route completions, 6 Hard route completions, 6 Super Hard route completions. Makes up 18.

Thalia H scene omake, I think just go with Thalia for the choices leading up to and during the festival. Not sure.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 12:26   Link #451
Ausdoerrt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
6 Normal route completions, 6 Hard route completions, 6 Super Hard route completions. Makes up 18.

Thalia H scene omake, I think just go with Thalia for the choices leading up to and during the festival. Not sure.
Yeah, the 18-route completion has got to be a gag. And it's not like any reward could make up for it anyway... I won't stop any of you though ^____^
Ausdoerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 04:56   Link #452
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
A sevensome would make up for it. ^^

In the first round of options in the school festival, if you pick Thalia, you get to see a very cute shot of her knitting. Once you've completed that playthough, you get the Thalia scene. While if you pick the Jatzieta option in the third round, you get her scene after the playthrough.

Thalia's scene is rather weird. Whereas Jatzieta's was just hilarious. *growls* So when they make the fandisk, they make a Thalia route along with ones for Rehme and Nanashi, but nothing for Jatzieta...does the Eternal team have something against actual women?!
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 11:23   Link #453
Ausdoerrt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Well, actually you get the Jatzeita scene as soon as you finish the chapter.

And they probably do have something against actual women. IIRC, the first Aselia didn't have any at all.

And damn, I need to get my hands on the fandisk.
Ausdoerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:59   Link #454
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
More like there wasn't just enough people interested in Jatzieta. People clamored for a Thalia route because a lot of people ended up liking her, but the same didn't happen for Jatzieta.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 23:14   Link #455
Ausdoerrt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I seriously do not understand what people like so much about Thalia.
Ausdoerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 00:56   Link #456
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Backyard of Moriya shrine
Age: 29
From the choosable herione they missed a tsundere?
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 01:50   Link #457
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
The concept of Rehme having a scene scares me far more. That just can't be right....
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 05:00   Link #458
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The concept of Rehme having a scene scares me far more. That just can't be right....
There was one for her in the official setting book too.
__________________
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 06:40   Link #459
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Let me guess...I don't want to know how a normal-sized person has a 'scene' with someone who's only 5-6 inches tall, do I? O_O
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 07:36   Link #460
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
I seriously do not understand what people like so much about Thalia.
Would you prefer a Zetsu route then? Hahaha. People voted for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Let me guess...I don't want to know how a normal-sized person has a 'scene' with someone who's only 5-6 inches tall, do I? O_O
The first scene was...o_o inducing, but it was just a dream so meh. Rehme's ero scene has her in normal size...at least, what passes off as normal to us.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ero-game, eroge, rpg, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.