AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-20, 13:51   Link #201
kyouray
2D > 3D
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France
Age: 25
Pictures of the main characters' chara-design on Dengeki Online.
__________________
kyouray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:15   Link #202
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Pictures of the main characters' chara-design on Dengeki Online.
Pouting Alicia is adorable. Any other information is irrelevant.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:19   Link #203
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Pouting Alicia is adorable. Any other information is irrelevant.
Indeed the pout is adorable, and knowing that Inoue Marina will voice her makes all the more excited. She has always been perfect for Alicia.

& lol, it's so obvious what audience they're aiming Faldio at.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:43   Link #204
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Indeed the pout is adorable, and knowing that Inoue Marina will voice her makes all the more excited. She has always been perfect for Alicia.

& lol, it's so obvious what audience they're aiming Faldio at.
ah more reason to hate faldio, he looks somewhat similar to that fool Kaname...

btw....I wish sega hurried up and release the NA dlc of VC already.....
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:48   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
ah more reason to hate faldio
Why's there more reason to dislike him just because his designs looks to be targeted at the female audience? Not really fare.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:56   Link #206
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why's there more reason to dislike him just because his designs looks to be targeted at the female audience? Not really fare.
You missed my point completly...it has nothing to do...as to who his design is targeted at....but the fact that he looks somewhat similar to Kaname...a character l detest.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:57   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
You missed my point completly...it has nothing to do...as to who his design is targeted at....but the fact that he looks somewhat similar to Kaname...a character l detest.
Well you commented on my post, so i was lead to believe what i originally said. Should have been more clear.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 18:49   Link #208
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
oh, more character pics. I especially like the way Welkins turned out. Alicia's looks better now that I've seen moe facial expressions of her.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 20:18   Link #209
Runty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
oh, more character pics. I especially like the way Welkins turned out. Alicia's looks better now that I've seen moe facial expressions of her.
Agreed. This will definitely turn out well in the animation department, at least. Though it makes me wonder how the non-main characters will turn out in animation.

*thinks of how they'll animate Marina*
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:25   Link #210
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Boo.

Welkin's chara design expressions are not complete without his straight-face beetletastic sea gull face.

I have nothing against the anime adaption designs, (( expecting CANVAS look is ridiculous )), but I still wish they retained some aspects of Raita's original lineart in translation.

Spoiler for Raita's VC:
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 00:18   Link #211
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I have nothing against the anime adaption designs, (( expecting CANVAS look is ridiculous )),
They could have animate everything out in CANVAS, but it will be too costly.

Quote:
but I still wish they retained some aspects of Raita's original lineart in translation.
Raita is an Ero Mangaka. I don't think the animation crew had any work experience with one before.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 01:42   Link #212
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
They could have animate everything out in CANVAS, but it will be too costly.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Raita is an Ero Mangaka. I don't think the animation crew had any work experience with one before.
I don't mean so much the animation team working with Raita, but rather Watanabe keeping some aspects of Raita's design style (( the extremely slender bodies, etc )) or getting some other character designer whose own style falls closer like Horiuchi, Aisaka... or others.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 03:18   Link #213
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I don't mean so much the animation team working with Raita, but rather Watanabe keeping some aspects of Raita's design style (( the extremely slender bodies, etc ))
Since you mentioned that, I believe Watanabe is trying to fine tune the characters to be much more believable. But we'll never know until we see line arts of how Selveria looks in the anime.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 12:43   Link #214
Shiori-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Belgium
Age: 26
still waiting for isara pictures, still one of my fav characters in the game
__________________
Shiori-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 13:31   Link #215
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
They could have animate everything out in CANVAS, but it will be too costly.



Raita is an Ero Mangaka. I don't think the animation crew had any work experience with one before.
So that's why selvaria looks like a cheap Hooker in that picture Nightengale posted then.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 17:30   Link #216
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
So that's why selvaria looks like a cheap Hooker in that picture Nightengale posted then.
Or in the game for that matter. Since Raita is the Original Character Designer afterall.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 18:36   Link #217
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Or in the game for that matter. Since Raita is the Original Character Designer afterall.
Meh, Selvaria was pretty much covered up ingame....she didn't look like a hooky...
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 18:38   Link #218
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
What about Selvaria Boobs...? I mean Bles. Selvaria Bles.

Faldio is looking a bit feminine to me...
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 36.0: Fighter Squadron 84. The VF-84 "Jolly Rogers."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 19:29   Link #219
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Jesus, that's the look of a hooker? What?

A sleeveless blouse and a short skirt... Seems pretty normal to me.

Personally, I also wish that the anime would stay closer to the style of the game. Those are pretty sharp elbows though. Still, I think it has a charm of its own. The anime's version looks something more of what one would expect in your standard anime fare. But it's close enough, I suppose.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 19:36   Link #220
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
It's not a hooker but it definitely looks like Selvaria flush out straight from a hentai material.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sega

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.