AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-05-26, 19:40   Link #1
Zero
Remnants of Charisma

Send a message via MSN to Zero
Uber n00b needs some answers

Ok, I'm not really sure if the problem I'm having is due to me being an idiot (which it probably is :P) or something else.

I happened across the site when I was searching for the animejunkies website. I clicked on the link that had this site mentioned in it, and when I found out that there were no files listed, I clicked on the groups tab, and went to another section. When I got there, it suggested I download shad0w's bit tornado ap to d/l their files. I did, and everything went cool, but when I try to download files from other groups (Lunar Anime is one) it gives me a weird error, and when I try to read it all, the error message disappears.

I have bit torrent installed and the new 3.4 version installed, and I also have/had bit tornado installed. Is this the problem? A software conflict or something? I need both of them because there's still alot of files I need to get from both area's, but I don't feel like constantly installing one or the other to get them. Is there a way I can have both installed, but when I go to the pages, the right program for that page runs, without me doing anything but clicking a link?

P.S.

Sorry if I broke a rule or asked a question that had already been asked. I'm in a hurry to fix or at least get an answer.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:44   Link #2
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
it gives me a weird error, and when I try to read it all, the error message disappears.
Try mashing the print screen key and pasting the image into MSPaint or something to see the error.

Anyways, its best to only have one BitTorrent client installed at once, try uninstalling all of them except the one you're currently using. Also consider trying Azureus.

Another thing to try is right clicking and saving the torrent file (IE by right clicking and choosing "Save Target As." Then you can drag the file to an open instance of BitTornado.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:46   Link #3
Zero
Remnants of Charisma

Send a message via MSN to Zero
I meant to add when I try to adjust the box to read the entire message, it disappears. Sorry about the confusion.

Anyways, I've got bit torrent running now, and it's downloading the file fine, but I'll try the idea of dragging and dropping you gave me.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote