AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-01-21, 00:55   Link #1
Dark520
*Fansubber

Extreme Artifacting when playing back files with ordered chapters.

//Problem solved.

Hey all,

I've got a problem whenever I play back files that have ordered chapters in them: whenever it starts to play, say, the OP/ED, of the file (only the parts of the video that have to link to a different file than the one I originally opened), the video goes wtfartifact, like this:

To be completely honest, I have no idea what the heck could be going on. I've checked Haali and everything seems fine, and I'm using a fresh copy of CCCP and MPC-HC, so I don't think that those are causing this. Other than that, I would have to assume that it's some filter that I have/don't have that's causing this. Unfortunately, I when it comes to that, I'm clueless. So, does anyone have any idea what the heck could be going on? If any of you have questions as to my configuration/symptoms of problem/whatever, ask and I'll respond to them ASAP.

(As a note: the audio and subtitles work fine when this is happening, it's only the video that's screwing up. Also, the OPs/EDs themselves are fine, they only artifact like this when they're played along with the episode.)

Thanks in advance,
Dark

Last edited by Dark520; 2009-01-21 at 06:29. Reason: Problem solved.
Old 2009-01-21, 01:00   Link #2
cyberbeing

That sounds like the bug with the DivX H264 decoder (which is btw broken with every MKV using Ordered Chapters & Segment Linking). You didn't happen to install Divx 7 did you?
Old 2009-01-21, 06:07   Link #3
martino
makes no files now

Check what cyberbeing mentioned, and also the CRCs of the files.
Old 2009-01-21, 06:09   Link #4
Dark520
*Fansubber

No, I haven't - I use CoreAVC, but suggesting that has given me an idea...

Ah - yep, somehow CoreAVC got back to version 0.0.8 or sth and I had to Re-register it. Now its at 5.1.2 and everything works fine.

Thanks, cyberbeing.
Old 2009-01-21, 07:47   Link #5
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark520 View Post
Ah - yep, somehow CoreAVC got back to version 0.0.8 or sth and I had to Re-register it. Now its at 5.1.2 and everything works fine.
Latest CoreAVC is 1.8.5, so whatever you were looking at there wasn't CoreAVC's version number.
Old 2009-01-21, 16:46   Link #6
Dark520
*Fansubber

No, for some reason CoreAVC all of the sudden goes from the latest version that I have (1.8.5), and goes to version 0.0.8 or some other waaaay early version. Then, I hit the "Re-register" button from my start menu-> CoreCodec and it goes back to normal.

Edit: Oh, if you're talking about the 5.1.2 thing, I jus looked for a number real quick that looked like a version number and put that down :P - was in a rush.