AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-21, 20:11   Link #221
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
It's not a hooker but it definitely looks like Selvaria flush out straight from a hentai material.
I guess that makes a large number of anime characters then.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 21:33   Link #222
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
It's not a hooker but it definitely looks like Selvaria flush out straight from a hentai material.
Strange you should mention that because that's what I've been trying to get across so far. The person who design and create the characters in the game draws Pronographical Manga for a living.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 23:23   Link #223
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Shame he hasn't done a doujin based on the game. Maybe when the anime comes out.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 05:45   Link #224
Chrono Helix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
The strange thing is that most of the characters he draws in his usual works tend to be rather thin. VERY thin.

He does like to draw tanks and girls in uniform though.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 06:53   Link #225
sb075
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Shame he hasn't done a doujin based on the game. Maybe when the anime comes out.
Creating the doujin based on the original works are basically illegal act. So the official staff don't create the doujin they took part in. If he does that without the permission from Sega, he will lose his social credit like the previous Haruhi manga version's author.
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 09:13   Link #226
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Creating the doujin based on the original works are basically illegal act. So the official staff don't create the doujin they took part in. If he does that without the permission from Sega, he will lose his social credit like the previous Haruhi manga version's author.
There are exceptions, like Godannar and Strike Witches.

But ultimately, it is true that what you said is the general trend, and last I recall, Tony Taka got a C&D from SEGA on the possibility of him doing any Shining Tears/Wind doujins.

So, yes, unless SEGA somehow wants some extra cash, the chances of a Raita-VC doujin is slimmer than the girls he draw.

Before any doujins though, I just want him to draw more VC art. I can count the amount of Raita drawn Valkyria Chronicles art afloat on the internet with one hand.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 10:06   Link #227
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Strange you should mention that because that's what I've been trying to get across so far. The person who design and create the characters in the game draws Pronographical Manga for a living.
I <3 new words.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 12:48   Link #228
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Shame he hasn't done a doujin based on the game. Maybe when the anime comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There are exceptions, like Godannar and Strike Witches.

But ultimately, it is true that what you said is the general trend, and last I recall, Tony Taka got a C&D from SEGA on the possibility of him doing any Shining Tears/Wind doujins.

So, yes, unless SEGA somehow wants some extra cash, the chances of a Raita-VC doujin is slimmer than the girls he draw.

Before any doujins though, I just want him to draw more VC art. I can count the amount of Raita drawn Valkyria Chronicles art afloat on the internet with one hand.
there is that other Valkaryie anime that was made a few yrs back
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:54   Link #229
Fishbait
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Boo.

Welkin's chara design expressions are not complete without his straight-face beetletastic sea gull face.

I have nothing against the anime adaption designs, (( expecting CANVAS look is ridiculous )), but I still wish they retained some aspects of Raita's original lineart in translation.

Spoiler for Raita's VC:

So are there more VC art by Raita !?
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 05:32   Link #230
Snooker
Call me neet.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 29
It 's not like "Valkyria" in my folk(nordic name for valkyrie(a female servant of Odin))but interesting enough.
__________________
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 19:09   Link #231
windstar!~
C'est la vie...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Europe
Send a message via MSN to windstar!~
This sure looks like an interesting anime, I'm looking forward to it.

How was the game, worth playing?
__________________
You can't escape from this nightmare.
windstar!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 19:32   Link #232
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by windstar!~ View Post
How was the game, worth playing?
How does it being the highest rated JRPG for the current gen on metacritic sounds ?
__________________

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2009-01-24 at 19:43.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 19:47   Link #233
windstar!~
C'est la vie...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Europe
Send a message via MSN to windstar!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
How does it being the highest rated JRPG for the current gen on metacritic sounds ?
Sounds quite good, though I usually don't rely on rankings.
__________________
You can't escape from this nightmare.
windstar!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 23:27   Link #234
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
It should give you an idea at least.

To be more precise, the game is an SRPG with turn-based/real time mechanics. It's also quite underrated in this gen's sea of other noteworthy games. With VC getting a re-release in Japan, I hope the anime will also bring more newcomers into the game.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 00:15   Link #235
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It should give you an idea at least.

To be more precise, the game is an SRPG with turn-based/real time mechanics. It's also quite underrated in this gen's sea of other noteworthy games. With VC getting a re-release in Japan, I hope the anime will also bring more newcomers into the game.
same here, such a great game deserves all around better sales then it has received so far. That way sega can make a sequel!
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 00:58   Link #236
windstar!~
C'est la vie...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Europe
Send a message via MSN to windstar!~
Thanks for the information guys, this sure is interesting.
__________________
You can't escape from this nightmare.
windstar!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 01:35   Link #237
durack
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
same here, such a great game deserves all around better sales then it has received so far. That way sega can make a sequel!
It's Sega, the company that perfect the art of shooting themselves in the foot

The game is easily the best game I've played in a long while. Definitely the best JRPG-type game for any of the next-gen systems. IMHO, it is worth to buy the PS3 just for this game.

I wish that the anime would fix some of the Marmota-sized plot holes in the story but I am not very hopeful. As long as Faldio is written properly, that's OK with me.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 16:01   Link #238
DangerMouse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
It's Sega, the company that perfect the art of shooting themselves in the foot

The game is easily the best game I've played in a long while. Definitely the best JRPG-type game for any of the next-gen systems. IMHO, it is worth to buy the PS3 just for this game.
Totally agree, now if the re-release and anime can just add enough sales for them to do a sequel, please Sega.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 00:07   Link #239
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Totally agree, now if the re-release and anime can just add enough sales for them to do a sequel, please Sega.
Definitely. Sega, we definitely need a sequel. And not for Sonic Unleashed. (Although I wouldn't complain as much if Shenmue or Jet Set Radio Future did.)

Hopefully, the anime will increase VC's popularity, the game will sell more units, and a Valkyria Chronicles sequel is annonuced. Really looking forward to the anime since I just finished the game. Can't wait.
__________________
puretsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 01:12   Link #240
Gundampilotspaz
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Now I have to hurry up and finish the game before this airs.
__________________
My Blog |Live Journal |My Tubes are Clogged |Twitter |Jaiku

For Anime, Video Games, and Science Fiction news and reviews go to Time Travel is Awesome
Gundampilotspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sega

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.