AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-22, 01:00   Link #1
viper
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien DVD Game

Is there a English Patch/Crack for it ? I got the game running and all but I don't understand japanese at all. Thx for any input.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 01:34   Link #2
lordwu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
No, there's no english patch or crack or whatever. There are some links to the walkthroughs in japanese that you might be able to follow and complete all routes. However, my suggestion is don't even try if your knowledge of japanese is zero. There's no point in playing the game if you can't understand the story.

Just wait for the anime, it's more fun that way.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 02:23   Link #3
Koshiba
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
There's no point in playing the game if you can't understand the story.
Well.. I played it for the nice CG and stuff.. ^^;
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 02:52   Link #4
Kenji Ikari
Lazy Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kenji Ikari Send a message via MSN to Kenji Ikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshiba
Well.. I played it for the nice CG and stuff.. ^^;
heh, I would have too... if i could figure out how to start it. ^^;
My Japanese is very limited.
Kenji Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 03:11   Link #5
viper
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Ya, I want to see all the CG and the good stuff too ^^ Of course, it'll be alot easier if I could find someone to upload or send me the CG set but that seems to be nearly impossible....
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 14:04   Link #6
lordwu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I believe the complete CG pack is already out on the net. Another way of getting the CGs without actually playing the game is to get the completed game save. I believe you can ask Guu in this forum for the file. They are relatively small and allows you to view the entire gallery and more with the game.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 19:33   Link #7
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tracy CA
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
KIMINOZO ENGLISH TRANSLATION!!!!!!!!


Yo ppl.......my friend saw the Kiminozo eps.....and i have the game DVD Specifications......and he said...IF there is some one that knows how to hack in to the game...to re-write all the TEXT.......my friend WILL TRANSLATE IT!!!!!
yes hes Japanese.....and he liked it so much that he will translate it ASAP ......and than i will translate it to SPANISH (maybe no one cares but......)

so If anyone out there knows how to hack in that and change the text.......he WILL TRANSLATE!!! for SURE......!!!!!!!
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 21:37   Link #8
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
KIMINOZO ENGLISH TRANSLATION!!!!!!!!


Yo ppl.......my friend saw the Kiminozo eps.....and i have the game DVD Specifications......and he said...IF there is some one that knows how to hack in to the game...to re-write all the TEXT.......my friend WILL TRANSLATE IT!!!!!
yes hes Japanese.....and he liked it so much that he will translate it ASAP ......and than i will translate it to SPANISH (maybe no one cares but......)

so If anyone out there knows how to hack in that and change the text.......he WILL TRANSLATE!!! for SURE......!!!!!!!
age's rUGP system is one of the most sophisticated systems in the eroge- world. I highly doubt it.

Then again, I've been trying to have this translated since two years ago, but since no gaijin ever had any interest with the stereotypical view as just a "hentai" game, I could care less.

If they want to play, learn Japanese.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 23:11   Link #9
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tracy CA
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
age's rUGP system is one of the most sophisticated systems in the eroge- world. I highly doubt it.

Then again, I've been trying to have this translated since two years ago, but since no gaijin ever had any interest with the stereotypical view as just a "hentai" game, I could care less.

If they want to play, learn Japanese.

How selfish u are man......nevermind u.......ANY ONE ELSE???!
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 00:21   Link #10
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
How selfish u are man......nevermind u.......ANY ONE ELSE???!
No, selfish is someone who wants to have someone translate the game, have him do all the work, because that someone is too lazy to learn a new language.

A real "doryoku-ka" is a person who spends several years learning the a language, practically shedding his life away because he loves someone/something very dearly.

Don't you call me selfish...I've learned how to speak English through blood, sweat and toil for someone and something that I truly believe and hope for.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 00:39   Link #11
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tracy CA
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
No, selfish is someone who wants to have someone translate the game, have him do all the work, because that someone is too lazy to learn a new language.

A real "doryoku-ka" is a person who spends several years learning the a language, practically shedding his life away because he loves someone/something very dearly.

Don't you call me selfish...I've learned how to speak English through blood, sweat and toil for someone and something that I truly believe and hope for.

First of all, im not forcing, or telling no one to translate it.......hes doing it on his own because he wants too. and enjoys it........he has translated an RPG game already and liked it.......so.......what?


おまえはにじょんーじいんですか?!
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 00:54   Link #12
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
First of all, im not forcing, or telling no one to translate it.......hes doing it on his own because he wants too. and enjoys it........he has translated an RPG game already and liked it.......so.......what?


おまえはにじょんーじいんですか?!
「にじょんーじいん」ってなんだ?(; Д`)

  = =⌒ 、ヽ
              ─ 三 ミ  ヾ \
              ●o。 三 ミ ヾ
                 8。≡ ミミ   \
                  8 三 、ミ \、 、
                 /')_∧  ヽ  ヽ
                /ミヾ・∀・)ミ ヾ 丶、   バキッ ベキッ
              (( ( ミつ∽∽o。ミ;:.,∴・ ,,.、 ) ボグッ グシャッ
                / ,へ ヽ、 ;:∵゚●从,;*;'メヾ;》
              (__) (__)《;(゚0。;#と';;(;;;:つ;》
                       .,・;:;..;;::"'`""
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 02:26   Link #13
GUTB_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Looking at this game, it certainly does look way too advanced to translate directly through the code -- if it was just a matter of cracking the file system of the binary and replacing a bunch of text files than it would be easy, but this system is much more advanced than that. Of course, anything engineered by humans can be reverse-engineered by humans, but realistically, it would take for Age to release an SDK or at least some limited dev tools to manipulate the important data. I could be wrong about this, but it doesn't seem like Japanese developers are all that big on releasing their tools to the public, unlike a lot of American developers who release tools and sometimes even full SDKs.

If only we had tools. Not just for this game, but the other major hits like Tsukihime and probably a bunch of other compelling titles that slip under the radar because they never get a chance at an anime spin-off. Frankly, if it wasn't for the anime, titles like KgNE, Tsukihime, Kanon, and several others would have went completely unnoticed by fans outside of Japan except for maybe a very few hardcore addicts of the game genre.
__________________
The Super Genius
GUTB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 02:41   Link #14
IPv6
blastos.com
 
Join Date: May 2003
Quote:
If they want to play, learn Japanese.
yeah .... see... I beent trying to learn japanese but all the course that are available are in the morning. I work in the morning . Anywho, I don't have the game or a console to play it on.
IPv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 03:22   Link #15
viper
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
age's rUGP system is one of the most sophisticated systems in the eroge- world. I highly doubt it.

Then again, I've been trying to have this translated since two years ago, but since no gaijin ever had any interest with the stereotypical view as just a "hentai" game, I could care less.

If they want to play, learn Japanese.
Thats why I plan on learning japanese as soon as I have the time to. The way you act could really piss people off. Don't make assumptions about people you don't know.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 04:01   Link #16
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Iserlohn Fortress
Age: 31
Actually I think this game is a good exercise for some of us. By playing this game I actually learn even abit more Japanese. I can understand about 5 - 10% of it, the rest I have no clue at all. I even took the time to look up words from the dictionary, which is very rare of me (I am the lazy type).
144M_HYPERION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 06:52   Link #17
Doddler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Thats why I plan on learning japanese as soon as I have the time to. The way you act could really piss people off. Don't make assumptions about people you don't know.
Tell me, how many of you were looking for a translation for this game *before* the anime was announced/released? No answer? Few to none. My guess is no one beyond those of us who follow japanese game releases knew anything about the game; and like me, lordwu, kj1980, who knew of it before, we don't need a translation (Not that I wouldn't like one though). Hence, his point is definately a valid one. There have been few to no 'gaijin' who have been interested in this game before the anime popularised it outside of japan. Thats life, he tells a true story. Me, and the rest of us who wanted to play these games, have dedicated years to studying japanese. Now people come around because of the anime asking for us to put in hundreds upon hundreds of hours to translate this game for thier personal enjoyment. There's a reason why people get paid for translation... its a job. Those who have put in the time to learn have no dedication to support the half hearted english b-game community. Mainly because there's hardly a community.

Anyways, the point is, the time it takes to translate these things without a professional team and tools makes translation projects next to impossible. If you want to be able to enjoy these, all you can do is study japanese and become part of the japanese b-game community. No one in thier right mind will put in the time to translate a game of this size. English translated games do exist, but if you want the best the industry has to offer, you need to know japanese.

If you don't have that time, perhaps try supporting the english b-game community. Here's a tip though, downloading games off of usenet/bit torrent doesn't entice game makers to want to release their games here. If there was a market here, chances are games like kiminozo could be translated.

Doddler
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 07:08   Link #18
Tboz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quite true, you seldom get free lunch in this world. That's why I appreciate fansub very much.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 08:03   Link #19
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tracy CA
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
「にじょんーじいん」ってなんだ?(; Д`)

  = =⌒ 、ヽ
              ─ 三 ミ  ヾ \
              ●o。 三 ミ ヾ
                 8。≡ ミミ   \
                  8 三 、ミ \、 、
                 /')_∧  ヽ  ヽ
                /ミヾ・∀・)ミ ヾ 丶、   バキッ ベキッ
              (( ( ミつ∽∽o。ミ;:.,∴・ ,,.、 ) ボグッ グシャッ
                / ,へ ヽ、 ;:∵゚●从,;*;'メヾ;》
              (__) (__)《;(゚0。;#と';;(;;;:つ;》
                       .,・;:;..;;::"'`""
どうしたの!!........かえっておっぱいすってろ.....
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 08:11   Link #20
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
That was rude, Loki.

Very rude.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.