AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-27, 08:38   Link #61
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The aggravation in our house is the "remote control" proliferation. Even my attempts at "universal" units fail... every unit has some function that requires its own remote for.

Once I actually velcroed all our remotes onto a stick of wood. Didn't last but it was symbolic of the stupidity of it all.

Right now I'm trying to decide what I want to be the "center" of the home theatre unit. Every single piece just assumes you want it to be the center (tv, dvd, dvr, pre-amp).... :P so I have to matrix which arrangement gives me the simplest set of controls to have to deal with the most functionality :P :P :P
Might I suggest you get one of these.
You can download remote functions from their website so basically you won't need anyother remote.
Old 2009-01-27, 20:53   Link #62
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Might I suggest you get one of these.
You can download remote functions from their website so basically you won't need anyother remote.
Not always helpful. Some really extremely new/old devices have a different signal emission for the remote control.