AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-30, 07:56   Link #901
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore now, QLD next.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
WTF, that IS a load of info. Thank God I'm not taking Physics now, or else I'd be dead, seeing how I almost went mad reading the info there. Still, that's interesting to know, and may well be the key for otakus to score in Physics!
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 13:08   Link #902
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
What are the grades of the named girls according to kyon's friend (cant remember his name )?

All i remember is that nagato is being rated at A-
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 01:36   Link #903
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
The only other one mentioned was Ryoko Asakura being an AA+!

__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 15:32   Link #904
ijuinkun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Mikuru of course also falls into the A rank according to Taniguchi, though his dislike of Haruhi has him put her all the way at the bottom.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 07:41   Link #905
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore now, QLD next.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Mikuru of course also falls into the A rank according to Taniguchi, though his dislike of Haruhi has him put her all the way at the bottom.
I'll get Noizi Ito to import Shana into Nishinomiya, I'd love to see Taniguchi's response, and getting burned.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 15:01   Link #906
ReneeBurossamu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
D:
I don't know if this question will be answered since this thread looks a little dead.

But I was watching some episodes.

Why was Mikuru so concentrated on Mori-san in episode 6? Is it because:
Spoiler:


Wondering.
ReneeBurossamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 17:36   Link #907
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
It's just like Kyon said. She was studying how to become a better maid.

Mikuru tends to take odd things seriously.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:20   Link #908
Solictum
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
I have a question about Yuki. I'll put it in spoilers just to be safe.
Spoiler:


Sorry if there is a better place to ask this than here...
Solictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:26   Link #909
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Yuki is an artificially created human, with a mind connected to and a part of the IDSE.

It's never outright stated whether or not she is partially mechanical, but you'd think that'd be inefficient, as she'd set off metal detectors if she ever went into an airport.

That, and the term "android" was originally supposed to be applied to artifically created humans, not humanoid robots. (Techically, the term for females should be "gynoid", but...)

So, she's probably an artificial, yet completely biological, human. Comparable to a golem or something.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 22:13   Link #910
Solictum
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Ah ok, thanks for explanation, was a little confused.
Solictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 07:08   Link #911
ijuinkun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Yuki is probably undetectable as non-human to current (2000s) technology but detectable to the technology of Mikuru's era, provided that she is careful about such things as not allowing the nanomachines in her body to be extracted with a tissue or blood sample.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 17:48   Link #912
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Yuki is probably undetectable as non-human to current (2000s) technology but detectable to the technology of Mikuru's era, provided that she is careful about such things as not allowing the nanomachines in her body to be extracted with a tissue or blood sample.
Mikuru's era uses some form of wetware, not physical technology as we understand it.

The interfaces are very probably advanced forms of this kind of technology.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 01:32   Link #913
ijuinkun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Well, yes--it's been pretty much established that part of Mikuru's equipment is in the form of implants--such as her temporal radio that lets her talk to her supervisor and her chronometer, as well as the ability to store and read data files. On the other hand, the TPDD interface seems to be external in some manner, as evidenced by Mikuru searching her clothes when it goes missing in "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody".

Anyway, what I meant is that time-travelers from Mikuru's era could probably identify a Humanoid Interface, but 2000s people probably could not determine that they were not human, barring displays of inhuman ability.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 12:18   Link #914
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Well, yes--it's been pretty much established that part of Mikuru's equipment is in the form of implants--such as her temporal radio that lets her talk to her supervisor and her chronometer, as well as the ability to store and read data files. On the other hand, the TPDD interface seems to be external in some manner, as evidenced by Mikuru searching her clothes when it goes missing in "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody".

Anyway, what I meant is that time-travelers from Mikuru's era could probably identify a Humanoid Interface, but 2000s people probably could not determine that they were not human, barring displays of inhuman ability.
We do know that Mikuru recognized Yuki as soon as she saw her, whether it was from some internal ability or from some briefing she received, or perhaps from some history lesson we do not know. And Itsuki can sense the difference in Yuki, since he says in the later chapters that she is starting to feel more like a normal girl.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 13:27   Link #915
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
We do know that Mikuru recognized Yuki as soon as she saw her, whether it was from some internal ability or from some briefing she received, or perhaps from some history lesson we do not know. And Itsuki can sense the difference in Yuki, since he says in the later chapters that she is starting to feel more like a normal girl.
With Koizumi, it's just the same intuition Kyon has.

Yuki's growing humanity should be fairly obvious to the reader, as well...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 13:45   Link #916
RenaFuura
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Guess
At the end of the Remote Island Syndrome pt. 2
Was there a reason why Itsuki was staring at the hairy mole on the back of Kyon's neck?
RenaFuura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 14:36   Link #917
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaFuura View Post
At the end of the Remote Island Syndrome pt. 2
Was there a reason why Itsuki was staring at the hairy mole on the back of Kyon's neck?
None whatsoever.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 14:51   Link #918
RenaFuura
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
None whatsoever.
Oh,Okay, lol
Thank you ^_^
RenaFuura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 14:52   Link #919
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaFuura View Post
Oh,Okay, lol
Thank you ^_^
You're welcome.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 15:17   Link #920
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
The mole may really have no meaning, but it didn't stop us from discussing pages on it. We brought up lots of references, cultural meanings, superstitions and such to try and rationalise it.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.