AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like TEA ?
YES 164 85.86%
NO 27 14.14%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-03, 12:12   Link #161
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Green tea is naturally the sweeter one. I like Oolong too. I do not add milk, sugar .. it makes it heavy. The gunpowder is good but the flavor is really too strong, sometimes , it depends .
I can stand coffee only if it's a cappuccino.
Seifall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 12:20   Link #162
Amray
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Age: 24
I do not like tea all that much, all types.

I am 18 years of age yet I am still drinking orange juice and Ribena. I have developed and matured in all other areas though, it is just my drinking habbits that have not changed...except of course when I have the odd can of alcohol and such.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 12:41   Link #163
Lime soda
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I used to hate tea. My parents only drink the cheap tea bag ones and they steep it for too long. Those end up very bitter and too hard to drink straight. The ones served in restaurants are ok, though I would prefer to have a cold drink if the meal is hot. Milk tea was an exception, those were good, especially the ones sold at bakeries.

Right now, I only have tea if it's taken with something sweet, like cake or candy. I choose green tea because it's got a nice aroma and color. I can't handle the bitter aftertaste if I drink it with nothing. I also know nothing about how to make or buy high quality tea, so I stick with the tea bags. I try to get the brand that looks good at least.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 14:04   Link #164
cnnydz
Feed me
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Green tea is naturally the sweeter one. I like Oolong too. I do not add milk, sugar .. it makes it heavy. The gunpowder is good but the flavor is really too strong, sometimes , it depends .
I can stand coffee only if it's a cappuccino.
gunpowder sux, it is harsh and bitter, but it does go very well with greasy foods, which would destroy the delicate taste of good green teas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
I used to hate tea. My parents only drink the cheap tea bag ones and they steep it for too long. Those end up very bitter and too hard to drink straight. The ones served in restaurants are ok, though I would prefer to have a cold drink if the meal is hot. Milk tea was an exception, those were good, especially the ones sold at bakeries.

Right now, I only have tea if it's taken with something sweet, like cake or candy. I choose green tea because it's got a nice aroma and color. I can't handle the bitter aftertaste if I drink it with nothing. I also know nothing about how to make or buy high quality tea, so I stick with the tea bags. I try to get the brand that looks good at least.
good quality green tea should give a sweet aftertaste rather than a bitter one.
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 20:49   Link #165
rio
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: JPN around Tokyo
i like tea very much, but i don't like caffeine, so i try to drink non-caffeined tea as much as possible.
__________________
Don't mind the small things. Optimists always win∮
rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 00:59   Link #166
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I do like to drink tea, most of the time I have it as pearl milk tea made with black tea. I had pearl milk tea with green tea, the taste to me is to flowery for the drink, except this one stand I had it Taiwan that mixed it, that made it taste great. Other kind of teas which I like are Chai, certain green tea,barley, and jasmine tea. The favorite green tea that I like it is from West Lake from China for its less floral taste. Chai and Jasmine for me are for the same reason, in how it is floral, without being too potent. Barley tea another tea I enjoy, although I don't have that often, unless eating out.It is very refreshing to have when having other teas most of the time.

I usually stray away from Oolong because of the bitterness that is hard to get rid of. Another group of teas I dislike are most flower/herbal teas for it seems like you area drinking something like bath soap in its potency. On a few occasion, I do come across some decent herbal tea that taste good to me, but rarely.

Last edited by Cherudim Arche; 2009-02-05 at 19:12.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 01:15   Link #167
Psycho 101
~Warrior Chef~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Coast USA
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Psycho 101 Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho 101 Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
gunpowder sux, it is harsh and bitter, but it does go very well with greasy foods, which would destroy the delicate taste of good green teas.



good quality green tea should give a sweet aftertaste rather than a bitter one.
Generally with most teas, minus some black, if the tea has a bitter taste it is for one of two reasons. Either the tea was steeped for too long or at too high a temperature. Often both. Often people just dump boiling water on it which you should almost never do. The noyl time you should even contemplate using boiling water is with black. And even then it's best to use scalding hot but not boiling hot. Green and White use lower temp water. Another nifty fact is that straight green tea (not the bottled sweetened stuff) makes a great breath freshener. It takes away most bad breath factors instead of just covering them up. So next time ya have a spicy chili dog with nacho cheese and onions all over it do the world a favor, drink some green tea.
__________________
Psycho 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 07:50   Link #168
cnnydz
Feed me
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho 101 View Post
Generally with most teas, minus some black, if the tea has a bitter taste it is for one of two reasons. Either the tea was steeped for too long or at too high a temperature. Often both. Often people just dump boiling water on it which you should almost never do. The noyl time you should even contemplate using boiling water is with black. And even then it's best to use scalding hot but not boiling hot. Green and White use lower temp water. Another nifty fact is that straight green tea (not the bottled sweetened stuff) makes a great breath freshener. It takes away most bad breath factors instead of just covering them up. So next time ya have a spicy chili dog with nacho cheese and onions all over it do the world a favor, drink some green tea.
yeah, boiling water + tea = cooked tea (not good), but gunpowder still sux, it will always be more bitter than the other teas and it taste like the earth . i just don't like the earthy taste, unless i have something else to mask over it (greasy food). anyway what's your favorite green tea.
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 09:22   Link #169
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Quote:
Do you like TEA ?
Yes, i do.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 15:31   Link #170
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
I drink all types of tea with a few exceptions of course. Personally, I prefer sencha, matcha, genmaicha, earl grey, lady grey, orange pekoe, and Irish breakfast tea. I have tried both Sri Lanka's ceylon tea and India's chai but don't like the taste of either. I am quite curious as to what Darjeeling and Rooibos taste like. On the contrary, I guess I don't want to know. It is best to sip sencha in the evening and coffee in the morning.

For some reason, I find coffee to work much better than tea in terms of keeping me awake after sleeping 5 hours or less. Perhaps, I drank too much tea and got immune to it.
__________________

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-02-05 at 15:40. Reason: updated
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 15:47   Link #171
blue skies
noch einmal?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
A thread devoted to tea? Sweet.

I do drink tea, but I'm definitely more of a coffee addict. It just gives me a jolt that tea doesn't. And holy moly, do I need that in the mornings. But I've been trying to switch to tea instead of coffee, since it's healthier and has lots of antioxidants and all that jazz, and I'm not having much luck. I always end up with a massive headache if I go without coffee for too long, so I guess I'll just have to stick with it. I'd rather be overcaffeinated than miserable.
__________________
C\Users\Emily\downloads\hainesig.jpg
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 18:10   Link #172
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
A thread devoted to tea? Sweet.

I do drink tea, but I'm definitely more of a coffee addict. It just gives me a jolt that tea doesn't. And holy moly, do I need that in the mornings. But I've been trying to switch to tea instead of coffee, since it's healthier and has lots of antioxidants and all that jazz, and I'm not having much luck. I always end up with a massive headache if I go without coffee for too long, so I guess I'll just have to stick with it. I'd rather be overcaffeinated than miserable.
Ah, but that's why I like tea. Coffee is too much of a jolt to my system, and I found too many times that my heart rate goes up too much at just one cup and I start breaking cold sweat (I also lose attention and interest to just about anything). It's not pleasant, especially when I use it to wake me up after sleepless nights.

Tea, on the other hand, is a lot milder and works just right.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 18:43   Link #173
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I like Tea I don't drink tea everyday though XD. Everytime that I go in the chinese district of Paris, I buy some. I also like the teas from Mariage Frères in paris.

So far I tried:

- The green tea. I like it. From what I know, it's very good for the body .
- Jasmine tea. I really like the one I buy now, while I hated the one I drank many years ago. It depends on the quality, I think.
- I really, really do like the Marco Polo and Sakura tea from Mariage Frères. The sol problem is that their tea are really expensive. I also like their Chocolate/candy made with tea .

I tried some other teas, but that's the ones I like to drink so far.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 18:49   Link #174
YoSneaky
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Any tea that has some type of metabolism boost in it I'll drink.
YoSneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 19:11   Link #175
Brandandi
Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hell's Half Acre, FL
Age: 32
I like tea. My cousin had a tea party a couple of weeks ago, and she had TONS of different teas! I've tried:
Good Hope Vanilla (LOVED IT!)
Green Tea
Berry Plum
Earl Grey
Apple Garden
Blackberry Sage
Brandandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 15:49   Link #176
Shadow_maste
Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hungary
Age: 20
I like tea, especially the White Tea. The tea makes me happy.
__________________
Shadow_maste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 16:16   Link #177
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
I only like lemon tea and ice tea.

By the way does anyone know whether a kind of tea like ginger tea exists?
__________________
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 16:51   Link #178
royalekitty
suteki da ne?~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey, USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to royalekitty Send a message via MSN to royalekitty
I love tea, I try to drink it ever day. Of course it really sucks that I have become so accustomed to gourmet teas that drinking "regular" tea like Lipton brand just tastes like dirty water.

My favorite teas are any mix of Chai teas and Dharjang(sp?), basically anything from Twinnings brand.

If anybody has any suggestions of tea, I'd love it. I love teas with distinct and strong tastes (:
royalekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 17:09   Link #179
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I drink green tea everyday and have two traditional Japanese tea sets. My favorite is Jasmine Green tea. Some times i brew cold green tea but usually in the spring.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 17:42   Link #180
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sleeping Forest
indian tea is great. it has some spices mixed into it and smells amazing. i'm a coffie drinker but proper indian mesala tea is the only one i like.
__________________
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.