AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Old 2009-02-05, 07:38   Link #1
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zergrinch Send a message via Yahoo to Zergrinch
[CMBT] Chuuka Ichiban / Cooking Master Boy Episode 01 v2

Greetings from Cooking Master Boy Transcriptions. I'm here again to beg for volunteers to help time and transcribe. The project has progressed a bit since last I posted, so I'm releasing the first five episodes now.

Episode 01 - Genius Cooking Boy, Mao!

This is Episode 01 (second revision) of Cooking Master Boy (aka Chuuka Ichiban). It contains Japanese and Mandarin Chinese audio, and English and Chinese soft-subtitles.

The Translation is based on the AXN-Asia version, with revisions to increase comprehension. The file was re-encoded from Xvid Raws found on the internet. Audio from the raws were untouched.

We are always looking for people who can time and transcribe more episodes. If you have a good ear (and some time), please register in our forums at http://chuuka.jetsam.org/forums. No prior experience required.
Zergrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 07:53   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

At this point in time we haven't listed the torrents on AnimSuki because they seem to fall outside our Listing Policy.

It seems the subtitles have been transcribed from AXN-Asia and not translated by your group. Due to this we reviewing if we should list them or not (please note that we still may list them but we are pondering over the issue since in the past we don't normally list such transcribed releases)
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 07:57   Link #3
Zergrinch
Fansubber

I would like to stress that we did not use AXN-Asia in verbatim, and rewrote this to suit the situation shown using AnimeKeep's version whenever applicable (ie, when AXN's version made absolutely no sense). I tried my best to put in translations to significant Chinese signs in here as well, although an astute viewer could imply its meaning by following the dialogue.

Still, you are right in the fact that most of the work done involves transcription and editing (hence the group name). I would appreciate if you keep me informed of any decisions made by Animesuki, and whether I might need to remove anything from here.
Old 2009-02-05, 08:04   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
I would like to stress that we did not use AXN-Asia in verbatim, and rewrote this to suit the situation shown using AnimeKeep's version whenever applicable (ie, when AXN's version made absolutely no sense). I tried my best to put in translations to significant Chinese signs in here as well, although an astute viewer could imply its meaning by following the dialogue.
Well, if you used Anime-Keep's translation that makes it worse

From our Listing Policy
"AnimeSuki will only list fansubs where some effort went into the translation."

And by that we mean that the translation effort needs to come from the group that makes the actual release. All the same, I've now added the torrents but if there are complaints from Anime-Keep we may change our mind
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 08:10   Link #5
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Oy vey

I can only say that it's more AXN than Anime-Keep, and that there's quite some heavy editing that went on. I do believe in giving credit where it is due

Well, at any rate I understand. Thanks for your consideration, and I hope Anime-Keep will not be sending in any takedown requests