AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-04, 23:32   Link #7481
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I hope she gets more of these days... have someone bind the other girls, and let Moka and tsukune have an entire day to themselves on a date, with absolutely no interference until the end of the day

And my personal thing about who's stronger- I'm of the old-school class of 'guy needs to be stronger to protect the girl, and also hates it when the girl is stronger to justify being able to beat the guy up on a regular basis for comedy purposes'. I'll only be worried about who's stronger when Moka and Tsukune are forced to fight each other, and even then i suspect both will hold back and we'll never know. As it is, I'm just conent to say that they're the two most powerful characters in the series... until Daddy Starbucks enters, of course

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 23:32   Link #7482
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Null and Void
Tsukune isn't a Ghoul.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 00:09   Link #7483
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tsukune isn't a Ghoul.
I've always thought that 'Ghoul' just means 'Mindless Vampire' in this manga.

The point of the lock/training is to let Tsukune learn how to control his vampiric abilities, thus removing the 'Mindless' aspect from being a Ghoul, and just leaving him as a Vampire.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 00:13   Link #7484
Used Can

But, it's when he becomes a mindless killer that he becomes awesome. Why would the author want to remove that?
Old 2009-02-05, 00:35   Link #7485
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkitsune View Post
um.... he hasn't really fell for any of them, he loves all of them dear, he just doesn't know which he REALLY wants to LOVE LOVE this is the way of the Harem.

There will be NO official marrage pair...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Uhm did you actually read the chapter? Where's it hinted at that he likes inner more than outer, or even more than the other female side characters?
There's still the difference in how he gets to spend time with the girls: When it comes to outer Moka he mostly chooses to be with her on his own, with all the others he is forced into the situation, whether he enjoys it or not. Besides he usually exclusively expresses his romantic feelings through his thoughts for outer Moka only, except for this one incident you mentioned. I actually don't care who he truly likes in a romantic way, romance has been getting pretty weak (actually was never strong) in r+v, but don't draw conclusions here
He cares for all the girls but it's very obviously that Moka is the only one he has romantic feelings for.

The headmaster agreed, chapter 24 page 6 of R+V.
And he have had two dreams of Moka, both inner... although one was her killing him, other being this. There's none for any other girl.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 00:38   Link #7486
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
But, it's when he becomes a mindless killer that he becomes awesome. Why would the author want to remove that?
I think it's more of an interesting transformation for him to become a sane monster rather than just a mindless one.

On a side note what was up with the person in the bottom left hand corner on page 18?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-05, 00:52   Link #7487
Used Can

I think that may have been one of the girls following them. Obviously, none of them started attacking until Mocha started being more aggressive.
Old 2009-02-05, 01:14   Link #7488
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think that may have been one of the girls following them. Obviously, none of them started attacking until Mocha started being more aggressive.
Ah, thought they were going for Moka from the outset because of the whip.
Old 2009-02-05, 01:15   Link #7489
Julao

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I think it's more of an interesting transformation for him to become a sane monster rather than just a mindless one.

On a side note what was up with the person in the bottom left hand corner on page 18?
Spoiler:
It's one of the girls in Tsukune's Harem, (most likely its Kurumu, since she was the one who attacked inner moka first.)
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 05:06   Link #7490
Cio
Otaku

The hair resembled Kurumu~chan... and i quite certain that's her...
Cio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 05:44   Link #7491
Mizuno
Undefined

That's not Mizore because that's just not the way she stalks. For her, she would probably try to blend in to the background by putting a pot of flowers on her head while peeking from afar.
Old 2009-02-05, 06:59   Link #7492
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I can't see the breast in the shadows. I thought it was the dopple dude when I saw the shadow or another youkai passing by...

Man monsters these days just walk along the streets...uh..not counting on Seasame Street. lol
Old 2009-02-05, 07:29   Link #7493
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think Inner Moka is more powerfull, because of 2 things:
-Raw Power: because she gave her blood to Tsukune...from a mere transfusion he never got equal powers as Moka.
-Skill: Moka is a genius even amongst the vampires. Not surprising that a "newborn vampire(Tsukune) has inferior skills...i think that's the only area where he can maybe surpass over the time Moka and become more powerfull than she.
I hope we see some kind of development for Inner Moka...i think she's not that violent as she seems...just tsundere:P

Question: Who minds the absence of Outer Moka? Who would love if Moka's seal permamently broken and Inner Moka would be free 24/7?
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 07:51   Link #7494
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tsukune isn't a Ghoul.
No he's not, thanks to the lock, but for a little while he was and his actions during that time were included in part of your 'facts' that you brought up.

~*~

And I thought that this street was still in the Youkai dimension...Moka was out walking freely in vampire form. She must have been dampening her aura a bit so no one would freak out.
Old 2009-02-05, 07:51   Link #7495
Mizuno
Undefined

Moka is obviously stronger than Tsukune. How can a pure vampire be weaker than the one she gives her blood to, a lesser servant? It's not like he has some dormant power within him that has awakened due to the vampire blood coming into his body...

Although his progress in the last 2 chapters has been astonishing, being able to detect aura and control his youki in only 2 days. To be able to surpass Moka would mean Tsukune wasn't completely a human to begin with possibly... who knows.
Old 2009-02-05, 08:19   Link #7496
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If anything, I'll say that Tsukune will become an 'equal' to Moka - which probably want she wants. Not as strong - aura-wise - but he makes up for it due to his lack of the traditional vampire weaknesses and of course, the lack of the crippling 'pride of a vampire'.
Old 2009-02-05, 08:22   Link #7497
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

LOL! Seems Ikeda didn't want to draw the highly detailed lock of Tsukune one reason why he gave him long sleeves in this chapter!

Probably because he was concentrating on Inner Moka.
Old 2009-02-05, 10:28   Link #7498
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
On hindsight, why is it again that she uses the rosary? Was it because she couldn't get friends as an obvious vampire or is it because she doesn't want to fight all the time?

Perhaps it's just the simpler answer, she's wearing it because the students aren't allowed to go into their monster form at school.
Originally, the rosary was used to bind her powers so she could live in the human world... my guess is she simply got attached to the rosary and Outer (pun fully intended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I think Inner Moka is more powerfull, because of 2 things:
-Raw Power: because she gave her blood to Tsukune...from a mere transfusion he never got equal powers as Moka.
-Skill: Moka is a genius even amongst the vampires. Not surprising that a "newborn vampire(Tsukune) has inferior skills...i think that's the only area where he can maybe surpass over the time Moka and become more powerfull than she.
I hope we see some kind of development for Inner Moka...i think she's not that violent as she seems...just tsundere:P

Question: Who minds the absence of Outer Moka? Who would love if Moka's seal permamently broken and Inner Moka would be free 24/7?
First off, at this point, Moka is certainly more skilled than Tsukune... but as this chapter proved, I think Tsukune is becoming more insightful and wiser than Moka... see a previous post of mine somewhere in the last couple of pages for my comparison of them to Shana and Yuji of SnS

It's also been well-established that Inner is tsundere (part of the reason myself and tempest love her so much)

and the answer to your question: Anime Tsukune!... to which manga Tsukune and the rest of us say, fuck off and go die somewhere (about the anime version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Moka is obviously stronger than Tsukune. How can a pure vampire be weaker than the one she gives her blood to, a lesser servant? It's not like he has some dormant power within him that has awakened due to the vampire blood coming into his body...

Although his progress in the last 2 chapters has been astonishing, being able to detect aura and control his youki in only 2 days. To be able to surpass Moka would mean Tsukune wasn't completely a human to begin with possibly... who knows.
um... we might pull the old shounen thing here of guy gets superpowered and even surpasses all others, no matter the background

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
If anything, I'll say that Tsukune will become an 'equal' to Moka - which probably want she wants. Not as strong - aura-wise - but he makes up for it due to his lack of the traditional vampire weaknesses and of course, the lack of the crippling 'pride of a vampire'.
again, my theory that Tsukune will be come something like the brains and Moka is the brawn (though each has both traits, really)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
LOL! Seems Ikeda didn't want to draw the highly detailed lock of Tsukune one reason why he gave him long sleeves in this chapter!

Probably because he was concentrating on Inner Moka.
I don't think any of us have an issue with that!

Old 2009-02-05, 10:39   Link #7499
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Alucard and Vampire Hunter D.
Both who are which from Dracula.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Originally, the rosary was used to bind her powers so she could live in the human world... my guess is she simply got attached to the rosary and Outer (pun fully intended)

First off, at this point, Moka is certainly more skilled than Tsukune... but as this chapter proved, I think Tsukune is becoming more insightful and wiser than Moka... see a previous post of mine somewhere in the last couple of pages for my comparison of them to Shana and Yuji of SnS

It's also been well-established that Inner is tsundere (part of the reason myself and tempest love her so much)

and the answer to your question: Anime Tsukune!... to which manga Tsukune and the rest of us say, fuck off and go die somewhere (about the anime version)

um... we might pull the old shounen thing here of guy gets superpowered and even surpasses all others, no matter the background

again, my theory that Tsukune will be come something like the brains and Moka is the brawn (though each has both traits, really)

I don't think any of us have an issue with that!
MMmmmmmmmmm I think Moka is far Superior than Tsukune in those regards, however she is also prideful and highly reserved so Tsukune is more apt to see things in a mixed of logic and reason.

You can not rate Mokas power(s) from this training arch she is teaching him how to do stuff that comes naturally to her.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 10:43   Link #7500
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... one more question: why are we even comparing their power rates in the first place? Keep in mind that A) I don't think either of them is going to battle the other again (unless we get a really bizarre twist, and after seeing something else in anotgher manga, that leads to a whole nother can of worms) B)You guys should know by now that it doesn't really matter who's stronger, since they generally protect each others' backs, and we have no need of 'one should protect the other because that one is weaker'... no, we can do away with that

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire