AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-05-23, 11:39   Link #1
ventriloquist
人形使い

what client do u use most?

i wonder what client do u ppl use most?... right now i use bittornado instead of azureus coz i don't know how to figure out azureus( i use 512/128 ).. if someone know how to tweak azurues can he/she help me?... anyway i use bittornado right now and gonna try ABC someday

*edit* Tell me ur client version too..
ventriloquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 14:03   Link #2
nephilim
Loves Kaori

i'm using shadow's experimental client 5.8.11.. it's a modification based on BT 3.4.2 i think. it works just like the original BT, but with more information displayed and the ability to tweak my upload/download settings so that it will not saturated my bandwidth. i'm using 256/128

nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 14:22   Link #3
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventriloquist
i wonder what client do u ppl use most?... right now i use bittornado instead of azureus coz i don't know how to figure out azureus( i use 512/128 ).. if someone know how to tweak azurues can he/she help me?... anyway i use bittornado right now and gonna try ABC someday

There was already a thread about the settings--> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13728. Don't forget to thank the poster for his/her help if it works for you because the thread starter did not^^.
If you still need help with Azureus, ask them and I'll try to address them in the other thread. One thing I can tell you now is your u/l cap: 12-13 kb/s. If you use more, you will lose on the download.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 11:57   Link #4
Killerattacks

I'm using Azureus 2.0.8.5 B59 - that's the latest built, the last official release is still 2.0.8.4. Works fine for me with the max speed my bandwith allows (2Mbits).

For azureus settings, you can also check the faq at the official site or the official forum @ sourceforge.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:28   Link #5
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
I'm using Azureus 2.0.8.5 B59 - that's the latest built, the last official release is still 2.0.8.4. Works fine for me with the max speed my bandwith allows (2Mbits).

For azureus settings, you can also check the faq at the official site or the official forum @ sourceforge.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net
And I'm using Azureus 2.0.8.5 B60
Btw do you use Plugins? I'd recommend the SafePeer Plugin to block IPs which could get you into trouble. I also downloaded the Feed Plugin which should check sites like Animesuki for new Animes, but I didn't configure it yet...
Old 2004-05-26, 12:36   Link #6
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventriloquist

Im using 2.0.8.5 B55, it works great. Thanks to Sin for telling me about the Beta versions.

If Betas aren't really your thing, the creator Olivier says, the "next version [is] scheduled for release this week (unless something gets delayed ...)." It has some impressive features over the last version, and I swear it takes up less memory .

I tried that SafePeer program, but it seems like more trouble than it's worth. I haven't heard anything about this Feed plug-in. I'd like to hear what you think of it if you ever get it configured properly.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 13:05   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
Im using 2.0.8.5 B55, it works great. Thanks to Sin for telling me about the Beta versions.
You're welcome

Quote:
If Betas aren't really your thing, the creator Olivier says, the "next version [is] scheduled for release this week (unless something gets delayed ...)." It has some impressive features over the last version, and I swear it takes up less memory .

5% CPU usage (AMD 2400+) and 40MB RAM usage (256 slow SD-RAM) with 20 active downloads and 10 seeds with 75 d/l and 11+ u/l is really not that much
And yes, the beta is a hell of an improvement, really guys, try it. ^_^

Quote:
I tried that SafePeer program, but it seems like more trouble than it's worth.
Um, seems? So you did not try it out yet? It is no problem to configure because... you don't have to do it^^. It get's the blacklisted IPs on it's own and don't forget: Better safe than sorry. (Same for WinXP; guys get XPAntispy^^)

Quote:
I haven't heard anything about this Feed plug-in. I'd like to hear what you think of it if you ever get it configured properly.
I'll post here if I ever get to configure it...
Old 2004-05-29, 08:43   Link #8
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I have used many different client in the past, including shadow's, ABC, BT++, Azureus, PTC, etc. and currently I stay with BitComet, very low CPU usage even when downloading at over 100K/s, nice disk cache system, and good speed/features (I mainly stay with this one because the system I use to do downloads is quite slow).
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 14:10   Link #9
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Bit torando. aka shadows client. Very good i get high speeds and i like the control of my speed.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 14:29   Link #10
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Azureus and none other! ...until something better comes along