AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-06, 19:43   Link #21
pink_kawaii
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
It isnt Shonen ai..At least I dont think it is..Its more like friendly love, and is just pure action.
pink_kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 22:19   Link #22
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Some parts may give the impression that it is shounen-ai, but I'm fairly sure it isn't.
__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:25   Link #23
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
It is. I'm sorry to burst your bubbles, but...

Spoiler for manga spoiler:


And I don't mean it was a hint, the panels CLEARLY implied it to the point where it was undeniable.

Not only that, but although some of the relationships can be passed off as brotherly/fatherly in general nature, there are still a nice handful of relationships in here that you can only call shounen-ai. Like Ayanami and that one guy who has a freakin fetish for him ("Aya-tan!").

I, personally, also can't see Teito and Hakuren's bond being "brotherly".....there were lots of things that made me say otherwise....

And on this series being shoujo, it's only "shoujo" because it has a main cast of bishounen and focuses on relationships rather than action most of the time.

However, if it's written like a shounen, almost looks like a shounen, and is freakin READ like a shounen, then it's a shounen manga in my book.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 18:41   Link #24
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Its not a Shonen Ai fest at the very least, references if any are very subtle and can be interpreted as different things other then Shonen Ai, the religious background can explain some things as rituals rather then love. This series, unless they go "original" on us, is overall a shonen manga with no female superwomen in it, or even clutzy goofy ones.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 19:32   Link #25
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
It is. I'm sorry to burst your bubbles, but...

Spoiler for manga spoiler:


And I don't mean it was a hint, the panels CLEARLY implied it to the point where it was undeniable.
what chapter did this happen lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 20:02   Link #26
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@KarumA: One moment...

Here it is!

http://www.onemanga.com/07_Ghost/18/12/

Yeah, you seriously can't read that and claim it to be just a hint without a little falter in your face.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 02:22   Link #27
raidou
Confused person
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home sweet home :)
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post

Here it is!

http://www.onemanga.com/07_Ghost/18/12/

Yeah, you seriously can't read that and claim it to be just a hint without a little falter in your face.
hehe that does imply something....though it can be easily interpreted differently. In my case, I see it as a case of Kuroyuri giving Haruse a CPR (considering Haruse condition)...

Imo the shounen ai elements in 07 Ghost is very very subtle (compared to most) instead it concentrate more on the concept of friendship, betrayal, loyalty, etc.

Just don't read too much into it easily ignorable (might not even survive the transition to anime)

Regarding the lacks of girls...Who knows, they might add in one or two in the anime version or change some gender here and there (Btw michael looks pretty feminine to be a girl of the series )
__________________
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 16:12   Link #28
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Michael being a girl would be just plain weird. Despite all the "I'm the one who loves you the most!", if he was a girl in the anime then it would be just wrong because....he's....pretty much a part of Teito....yeah....

Also, HOW could Kuroyuri be giving him CPR if 1) he wasn't on the ground, 2) He was still breathing and 3) Why else would Kuroyuri stand on tip-toe and only his shoes are visable in that panel?

It's a kiss. Between two guys. No amount of sugar-coating or denial can make it be anything else, I'm sorry.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 17:24   Link #29
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
It's a kiss. Between two guys. No amount of sugar-coating or denial can make it be anything else, I'm sorry.
Or a neck bite since blood was being mentioned.

Either way, it ain't shonen.

My shonen-ai spidey senses are tingling.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 17:26   Link #30
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Ehh Kuroyuri is a guy? it looked like a she to me.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 17:50   Link #31
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
You're kidding, right? Your proof that he's kissing him, is the way he's standing? That's pretty pathetic. He could be doing anything, he could be kissing him or he could be biting his neck, as orion mentioned. Hell, he could even be hugging him, no matter which one it is he'd still have to stand like that because of the height difference. In fact, since drinking blood is mentioned I'd think it was safe to assume orion was right and he was biting him.

No offence, but your argument sounds more like a fangirl defending her favourite shipping by taking something innocent and twisting it into something more. I'd be perfectly happy if it was shounen-ai, but unfortunately it is just shounen, and the most you're likely to get are hints typical of shounen anime/manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Regarding the lacks of girls...Who knows, they might add in one or two in the anime version or change some gender here and there (Btw michael looks pretty feminine to be a girl of the series )
Like I said earlier, there are girls, just because the story doesn't focus on any of them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Gender switching is more likely to be done in the dub, but even then I doubt it'll happen.
__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 18:30   Link #32
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Are animes like this one popular? I mean the only-male animes that seem to be shounen-ai?
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 19:00   Link #33
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Most of us here dont care about the main stream audiance of butthe- *cough* umm watchers. The very popular anime out there, are not even going to intrest the average non-japanase audience for what its worth.

But anyway, they are genrally unpopular. If the show doesnt have a character with god-given moe, gar or some crazed overpowered tsun/dere 12-year-old-girl out to save the world/universe the show is no not going to be very popular. This show in particular, has a male lead which is lets say "fragile" so as to not call him girly at times.

Personally I want to watch it just for the bastard bishop appeal and gods of death sub-plot. The magic system and fighting seems to have some thought behind it which is something that I feel has been lacking in recent fantasy oriented shows, the PV looked like they are going to do a good adaptation so my hopes are high.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 19:10   Link #34
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Personally I want to watch it just for the bastard bishop appeal and gods of death sub-plot. The magic system and fighting seems to have some thought behind it which is something that I feel has been lacking in recent fantasy oriented shows, the PV looked like they are going to do a good adaptation so my hopes are high.
Ooh yes and they are indeed badass

btw for all those who still contemplate on whether to watch or not because of the possible/indication on shounen-ai I can only add that you have to look past that part, I always find it silly when people pass a show because of this, because the indication is there doesn't mean there will be episode wide making out or even anything like that there's a major difference between shounen-ai, under which this show would still fit the light category, and yaoi. If this was the main theme then the plot wouldn't have been like this ha ha then it would be more harem like with opposite sexes

Also if only those poor people knew that yaoi fangirls rampage more about made up couples from populair shounen shows rather than shows like this
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 19:44   Link #35
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Adrestea: FYI, I don't ship that couple. My ship is HakurenxTeito.

ANYway, that's not my only proof, it was just a small part that I had noticed had a pretty significant hint.

And, it's not JUST the way he stands. If that was the only thing I wouldn't be talking about it.

Why the hell would he be biting his neck if Kuroyuri bit his lip, making that area bleed and then proceeded to tell Haruse to drink his blood which was clearly shown to be around the lip area.

I admit, he could be hugging him, but then that begs the question of why they'd go through panels of him biting his lip and requesting his blood be drunk. They also could've just shown them hugging.

I'll leave it alone though, if no one else wants to acknowledge it.

Also, there are a few girls, they're just not that significant. It's rather like YGO, to be honest, XD.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:57   Link #36
raidou
Confused person
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home sweet home :)
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Also, HOW could Kuroyuri be giving him CPR if 1) he wasn't on the ground, 2) He was still breathing and 3) Why else would Kuroyuri stand on tip-toe and only his shoes are visable in that panel?

It's a kiss. Between two guys. No amount of sugar-coating or denial can make it be anything else, I'm sorry.
No no.. am not referring to exact meaning of CPR In that particular scene the situation is similar to someone administering emergency treatment. Haruse was dying so Kuroyuri helped him by giving him the blood(whether it is by kissing,biting or whatever else)

Also am not denying that it may imply kissing, just that it is possible to think of it differently Well just think whatever you like best ^^

Quote:
Like I said earlier, there are girls, just because the story doesn't focus on any of them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Gender switching is more likely to be done in the dub, but even then I doubt it'll happen.
Hehe I know , just saying that there is no prominent female..... maybe they will make one or two anime original eps that concentrate on Razette (based on the omake)

Quote:
Ehh Kuroyuri is a guy? it looked like a she to me.
Same here Just ignore the official info and assume she is a girl...She gonna sound like a girl in the anime anyway.

Quote:
Are animes like this one popular? I mean the only-male animes that seem to be shounen-ai?
Kinda rare though Gravitation seems to be pretty popular and quite a number of people in my univ anime club are fans of Loveless
__________________
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 22:41   Link #37
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Why the hell would he be biting his neck if Kuroyuri bit his lip, making that area bleed and then proceeded to tell Haruse to drink his blood which was clearly shown to be around the lip area.
.
Because you need a bigger pipe to get the blood. Licking someone's lip will only get you a few drops before it stops. You need to hit that jugular vein for the good stuff.

If you want the erotic way to do it, you go for the index finger like they did in Hellsing Ultimate.


Saiyuki had lots of cute guys but wasn't shonen-ai.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 21:49   Link #38
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Orion: Your answer made me lol.

I only slightly questioned Kuroyuri's gender because of that scene. I always assumed he was male, then that scene happened and I wanted to make absolutely sure he's male.

The only problem is, neck down looks male, neck up looks rather girly, especially with the anime making his hair pink (but I guess that's not as bad as Ayanami getting lavender hair, XD).
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 05:16   Link #39
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 27
even so they aren't the major characters of the show =P so why feel bothered with it
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 14:28   Link #40
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
even so they aren't the major characters of the show =P so why feel bothered with it
Yeah, the "neck" scene is making this more interesting.

Also, Tokyo Tribes was seinen and it had a certain guy rape scene.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.