AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-05-29, 21:32   Link #241
aptenergy
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Um, Hunter... speculation != truth.

We have no idea how the Byakugan responds to genjutsu. What is it susceptible to? What can it see through? Can anyone provide me with an example of Neji or Hinata or Hizashi or Hiashi even encountering genjutsu?

Think about Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan. If Byakugan were to see the eye, according to people here, it would see the surface of the eye, the chakra coil system behind the eye, the flesh behind the eye, the stuff 50 feet in back of the Sharingan user, etc. etc. At what point does the genjutsu completely overwhelm the Byakugan user? Is it what's in the pupil? The cornea? The rods and cones of the three spots (I have no idea what they're called)?

Oh wait, we have no documentation of where that "overwhelming" happens. My point is that everyone should just sit and wait for an answer from Kishimoto. We're constantly hearing stuff from both sides about how good each side is, yet nothing has been settled. Either Kishimoto will settle the issue by having them fight, or he's going to give people more reasons to polarize themselves over whatever they like (or leave everything as it is, in which case people still debate over this issue).

And also, Neji is the only one who is known for looking at people's eyes and interpreting their feelings. "Everyone can do that," sure, but I'm guessing that the fact that only Neji is noted for doing it (maybe someone has 300 examples to prove the opposite) means that it's something that Neji is very good at. Since I have no evidence otherwise to indicate that this is just an aspect of his personality, I'm guessing that it's attributed to the fact that he has Byakugan.

I find it hard to believe that the increased insight that Byakugan gives is limited to seeing chakra flowing through objects. Insight has a much more mental aspect to it; it's not just X-ray vision. The Sharingan offers mental insight because you can identify, analyze, predict and imitate jutsu.

And by the way, it's really not that easy to quickly interpret that much information from people's eyes. Neji was reading and interpreting in real time with what everyone accepts as 100% accuracy. Try it yourself. Sure, you can detect hesitation, but it's not as simple to make the conclusions he was making.
aptenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 01:40   Link #242
Green Dragon
Ninja of the Night
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Jamaica
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Green Dragon
I say Byakugan. Because of the strength of the taigitsu and the ultimate defence. Both Neji and Sasuke can kill an oponent with one move but the chidori can only be done twice, where as the thing that Neji does he can do all throughout the fight. Plus Neji never wimped out in a fight, all u sasuke lovers take that.


Green Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 14:22   Link #243
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptenergy
Um, Hunter... speculation != truth.

We have no idea how the Byakugan responds to genjutsu. What is it susceptible to? What can it see through? Can anyone provide me with an example of Neji or Hinata or Hizashi or Hiashi even encountering genjutsu?

Think about Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan. If Byakugan were to see the eye, according to people here, it would see the surface of the eye, the chakra coil system behind the eye, the flesh behind the eye, the stuff 50 feet in back of the Sharingan user, etc. etc. At what point does the genjutsu completely overwhelm the Byakugan user? Is it what's in the pupil? The cornea? The rods and cones of the three spots (I have no idea what they're called)?

Oh wait, we have no documentation of where that "overwhelming" happens. My point is that everyone should just sit and wait for an answer from Kishimoto. We're constantly hearing stuff from both sides about how good each side is, yet nothing has been settled. Either Kishimoto will settle the issue by having them fight, or he's going to give people more reasons to polarize themselves over whatever they like (or leave everything as it is, in which case people still debate over this issue).

And also, Neji is the only one who is known for looking at people's eyes and interpreting their feelings. "Everyone can do that," sure, but I'm guessing that the fact that only Neji is noted for doing it (maybe someone has 300 examples to prove the opposite) means that it's something that Neji is very good at. Since I have no evidence otherwise to indicate that this is just an aspect of his personality, I'm guessing that it's attributed to the fact that he has Byakugan.

I find it hard to believe that the increased insight that Byakugan gives is limited to seeing chakra flowing through objects. Insight has a much more mental aspect to it; it's not just X-ray vision. The Sharingan offers mental insight because you can identify, analyze, predict and imitate jutsu.

And by the way, it's really not that easy to quickly interpret that much information from people's eyes. Neji was reading and interpreting in real time with what everyone accepts as 100% accuracy. Try it yourself. Sure, you can detect hesitation, but it's not as simple to make the conclusions he was making.
I agree, but then again they won't because that means it's possible that the Byakugan is more powerful than Itachi's Sharigan, and that can NEVER happen
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 14:26   Link #244
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
I agree, but then again they won't because that means it's possible that the Byakugan is more powerful than Itachi's Sharigan, and that can NEVER happen
No it seems so. If Hiashi is the strongest of Hyuuga, and he is.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 16:40   Link #245
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
No it seems so. If Hiashi is the strongest of Hyuuga, and he is.
...okay...I didn't understand that at all...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:14   Link #246
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
...okay...I didn't understand that at all...
No, Byakugan isn't stronger than Sharingan and there isn't a byakugan user stronger than Itachi.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:38   Link #247
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Konoha
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
No, Byakugan isn't stronger than Sharingan and there isn't a byakugan user stronger than Itachi.

We cant really say that until there is a fight between the strongest of Hyuuga and Itachi...and where does it say that Hiashi is the strongest?
__________________
Oh no, my signature was two pictures with a combined height of 169 pixels and filesize of 127 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum Mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
^^^ wow... does it look like I care? Hey if you guys want to see a cool sig... follow this link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/nejisig3.gif
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:51   Link #248
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Unidentified, mention my one more time i will report you.
Nine Devil. I just did, so report me.

When was it mentioned in the rules that proving someone's point wrong or mentioning it was wrong?

Your logic is false. You don't know if Hiashi is the strongest or not. And you don't know if he can take on Itachi by the way. The topic isn't the strongest Sharingan user vs. the strongest Byukagan user. We've seen a mastered sharingan but not of a byukagan.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:53   Link #249
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji
We cant really say that until there is a fight between the strongest of Hyuuga and Itachi...and where does it say that Hiashi is the strongest?
He is the leader of his clan, if there was among the main family someone stronger than him; he/she would have been the head.(If i remember correctly this was mentioned) Second Kakashi seems like 2 times stronger than Hiashi according the character data book.Kakashi got owned by Itachi.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:56   Link #250
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
Nine Devil. I just did, so report me.

When was it mentioned in the rules that proving someone's point wrong or mentioning it was wrong?

Your logic is false. You don't know if Hiashi is the strongest or not. And you don't know if he can take on Itachi by the way. The topic isn't the strongest Sharingan user vs. the strongest Byukagan user. We've seen a mastered sharingan but not of a byukagan.
1-What are you talking about?As far as we know Hiashi has mastered it maybe even Neji.

2-How in the hell do you know if there is gonna be something told about Byakugan in the future. Its out of story now.

3-Check my post above.

edit: Oops double post
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:57   Link #251
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
He is the leader of his clan, if there was among the main family someone stronger than him; he/she would have been the head.(If i remember correctly this was mentioned) Second Kakashi seems like 2 times stronger than Hiashi according the character data book.Kakashi got owned by Itachi.
Just because he's the leader doesn't mean he's the strongest. If you go by the character data book, Hizashi was stronger than him in some areas. The head of the family is based on birth rights. It was MAJORLY stressed through Naruto, it's the whole reason for Neji being who he is. Deja Vu... You never learn by the way and you have false reasoning on almost all your posts.

Kakashi won't beat Hiashi. You don't know. YOU ARE BLIND! Look at the character data book, they are tied in some areas, Hiashi is better in some areas, Kakashi is better in some areas. Also it's also known that he can just attack his vital organs and kill him with 1 hit without being tired as shown in the flashback. And it seems he's faster so I would think he would win. His Kaiten is also instant and huge.

The story isn't over. The WHOLE POINT was for the main family and branch family to change. I dont' see his seal gone or anything like that happening soon. Nothing has happened aside from his being told about his dad. That's it.

Saying Neji mastered it is a f**** stupid a** statement. Even coming from you who seem to like the sharingan very very much.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 19:02   Link #252
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
Just because he's the leader doesn't mean he's the strongest. If you go by the character data book, Hizashi was stronger than him in some areas. The head of the family is based on birth rights. It was MAJORLY stressed through Naruto, it's the whole reason for Neji being who he is. Deja Vu... You never learn by the way and you have false reasoning on almost all your posts.
What the fuck are you talking about? Hiashi and Hizashi were even,said by Neji. Oh btw Hizashi is dead. If there was someone stronger than Hiashi, i doubt it they would have shown it.Cuz Byakugan is out of the story.

Quote:
Kakashi won't beat Hiashi. You don't know. YOU ARE BLIND! Look at the character data book, they are tied in some areas, Hiashi is better in some areas, Kakashi is better in some areas. Also it's also known that he can just attack his vital organs and kill him with 1 hit without being tired as shown in the flashback. And it seems he's faster so I would think he would win. His Kaiten is also instant and huge.
You are the one who is talking bullshit right now. Its a fact that Kakashi is stronger than Hiashi(Character Data book) its Kishimoto's own words. So please stop inventings things. And stop saying i have false reasoning just because you can't defend your argument.

Quote:
The story isn't over. The WHOLE POINT was for the main family and branch family to change. I dont' see his seal gone or anything like that happening soon. Nothing has happened aside from his being told about his dad. That's it.
Naruto is not gonna go for 1000 more chapters. But you never know, Kishimoto maybe take Byakugan back and stop in the story. Ah Sasuke slaughtering them all would be nice.

Quote:
Saying Neji mastered it is a f**** stupid a** statement. Even coming from you who seem to like the sharingan very very much.
Itachi mastered Sharingan at age 10.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 19:08   Link #253
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
What the fuck are you talking about? Hiashi and Hizashi were even,said by Neji. Oh btw Hizashi is dead. If there was someone stronger than Hiashi, i doubt it they would have shown it.Cuz Byakugan is out of the story.



You are the one who is talking bullshit right now. Its a fact that Kakashi is stronger than Hiashi(Character Data book) its Kishimoto's own words. So please stop inventings things. And stop saying i have false reasoning just because you can't defend your argument.



Naruto is not gonna go for 1000 more chapters. But you never know, Kishimoto maybe take Byakugan back and stop in the story. Ah Sasuke slaughtering them all would be nice.

Itachi mastered the sharingan at age 10? So what. Sasuke barely got the sharingan at age 12. Kakashi mastered it(but he can't use the 3 sharingan jutsus, there is only 1 sharingan jutsu left and that's it for the sharingan) it and he didn't get it when he was a kid.


Itachi mastered Sharingan at age 10.
Kakashi isn't stronger. Look at the character book. If you look at it also you will see that Hizashi is stronger. And Hiashi is better than Kakashi on taijutsu aspects, and tied with him on seals and Kakashi is better in jutsu aspects aside from seals(seal isn't seals as in sealing techinques). Naruto isn't going on for 1000 chapters I know, so why not just forget Itachi's story and every character aside from Naruto's story.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 19:10   Link #254
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
Kakashi isn't stronger. Look at the character book. If you look at it also you will see that Hizashi is stronger. And Hiashi is better than Kakashi on taijutsu aspects, and tied with him on seals and Kakashi is better in jutsu aspects aside from seals(seal isn't seals as in sealing techinques). Naruto isn't going on for 1000 chapters I know, so why not just forget Itachi's story and every character aside from Naruto's story.
I know i believe Hiashi is stronger than Kakashi too. But it seems its not, there are more character data books so. Its been stated they say.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 19:14   Link #255
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
I know i believe Hiashi is stronger than Kakashi too. But it seems its not, there are more character data books so. Its been stated they say.
Do you want me to post the link to the stats. Hiash is better in taijutsu aspects, Kakahsi is better in jutsu related aspects aside from seals which they are tied.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 21:11   Link #256
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Konoha
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
He is the leader of his clan, if there was among the main family someone stronger than him; he/she would have been the head.(If i remember correctly this was mentioned) Second Kakashi seems like 2 times stronger than Hiashi according the character data book. Kakashi got owned by Itachi.
every person has diffrent strategys and ways of fighting an opponent, so you have no way of knowing an outcome by the way a person fights someone, example Garaa- when Garaa fought Rock lee for most of the battle he just sat there till Rock Lee took off his weights and opend the gates...when Garaa faught Sasuke he retreated into a Giant ball of dense sand, basicly when your going against a diffrent person you tend to use a diffrent way to attack...another example Neji, in the flashbacks between Rock Lee and Neji, Neji never used any of his techniques because rock lee was such an easy opponent while when he went against Naruto he almost always used a chakra technique...Kakashi may have gotten owned by Itachi but that doesnt mean everyone will
__________________
Oh no, my signature was two pictures with a combined height of 169 pixels and filesize of 127 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum Mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
^^^ wow... does it look like I care? Hey if you guys want to see a cool sig... follow this link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/nejisig3.gif
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 21:19   Link #257
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji
every person has diffrent strategys and ways of fighting an opponent, so you have no way of knowing an outcome by the way a person fights someone, example Garaa- when Garaa fought Rock lee for most of the battle he just sat there till Rock Lee took off his weights and opend the gates...when Garaa faught Sasuke he retreated into a Giant ball of dense sand, basicly when your going against a diffrent person you tend to use a diffrent way to attack...another example Neji, in the flashbacks between Rock Lee and Neji, Neji never used any of his techniques because rock lee was such an easy opponent while when he went against Naruto he almost always used a chakra technique...Kakashi may have gotten owned by Itachi but that doesnt mean everyone will

True, true. But you forget something between the Genins mainly talking about Naruto, Neji, Sasuke,Lee there isn't a huge gap. Well Naruto except then. But Itachi is Sannin Level maybe higher so there is a huge gap between Hiashi and Itachi. So you say Hiashi can take on Jiraiya or Orochimaru?
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 21:41   Link #258
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Konoha
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
not really, he might have a better chance against one than the other though
__________________
Oh no, my signature was two pictures with a combined height of 169 pixels and filesize of 127 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum Mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
^^^ wow... does it look like I care? Hey if you guys want to see a cool sig... follow this link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/nejisig3.gif
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 21:47   Link #259
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Konoha
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
True, true. But you forget something between the Genins mainly talking about Naruto, Neji, Sasuke,Lee there isn't a huge gap. Well Naruto except then. But Itachi is Sannin Level maybe higher so there is a huge gap between Hiashi and Itachi. So you say Hiashi can take on Jiraiya or Orochimaru?

(sorry for the double post)

the reason I didnt really include Naruto was because he fights the same with everyone....
__________________
Oh no, my signature was two pictures with a combined height of 169 pixels and filesize of 127 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum Mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
^^^ wow... does it look like I care? Hey if you guys want to see a cool sig... follow this link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/nejisig3.gif
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 00:42   Link #260
Explosion of Youth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 25
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
What the fuck are you talking about? Hiashi and Hizashi were even,said by Neji. Oh btw Hizashi is dead. If there was someone stronger than Hiashi, i doubt it they would have shown it.Cuz Byakugan is out of the story.



You are the one who is talking bullshit right now. Its a fact that Kakashi is stronger than Hiashi(Character Data book) its Kishimoto's own words. So please stop inventings things. And stop saying i have false reasoning just because you can't defend your argument.



Naruto is not gonna go for 1000 more chapters. But you never know, Kishimoto maybe take Byakugan back and stop in the story. Ah Sasuke slaughtering them all would be nice.



Itachi mastered Sharingan at age 10.
Very smart and intelligent post, back you up 100%!
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.