AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-10, 00:14   Link #41
karasuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Keanu "stone face" reeve?!? No...
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 00:33   Link #42
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Johnney Depp as Spike?? Are you people serious?? Depp hasn't played a classic good-looks, normal cool character since 21-Jumpstreet (wiki it youngins)...I would more expect Depp to play Pierre La Fou in a fat suit than ever play Spike Speigal...He doesn't play these type of characters ever...If it ain't offbeat he's not even showing up...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 02:19   Link #43
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I would more expect Depp to play Pierre La Fou in a fat suit than ever play Spike Speigal...He doesn't play these type of characters ever...If it ain't offbeat he's not even showing up...
Oh shit, do it!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 07:20   Link #44
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Johnney Depp as Spike?? Are you people serious?? Depp hasn't played a classic good-looks, normal cool character since 21-Jumpstreet (wiki it youngins)...I would more expect Depp to play Pierre La Fou in a fat suit than ever play Spike Speigal...He doesn't play these type of characters ever...If it ain't offbeat he's not even showing up...
Haha, that's awesome. Johnny Depp as a villain. He's done Sweeney Todd already, but this would be quite a step up.

I'll be really happy if they get an actual
Spoiler for minor spoiler, nationality:
to play Faye. And after hearing Jet's English voice dub, I hope he'll get someone with a Boston accent in the movie. Now the real challenge lies with Edward. I'm clueless as to who can play such a unique character well.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 17:49   Link #45
OutSmart
Comic Relief
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Johnney Depp as Spike?? Are you people serious?? Depp hasn't played a classic good-looks, normal cool character since 21-Jumpstreet (wiki it youngins)...I would more expect Depp to play Pierre La Fou in a fat suit than ever play Spike Speigal...He doesn't play these type of characters ever...If it ain't offbeat he's not even showing up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Oh shit, do it!
omg! that's genious! rep for you my friend
__________________
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/virgo_3079/lloyd.jpg
OutSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 06:59   Link #46
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
No way!!! A live action cowboy bebop movie is being made??!!

omg!!! I totally have to find out more about this!!!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 10:11   Link #47
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Is Vicious going to be in the movie? If yes i wonder who would get the part...
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 10:48   Link #48
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I hope it gets released over here in the UK very soon! I so can't wait to see the girl who plays Faye Valentine in this as she's my all-time fave Cowboy Bebop character
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 13:28   Link #49
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^From Cartoonleap.com

Kenji Uchida, the president of the Sunrise anime studio, told attendees of a Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF) 2009 symposium that actor Keanu Reeves’ enthusiasm for its Cowboy Bebop anime was the deciding factor in the recent live-action film deal.
Uchida said Reeves (The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly, Johnny Mnemonic) himself visited Japan twice to express his interest in adapting the stylized science-fiction anime, and added that if Reeves had not done so, the deal might not have been made.
Uchida further noted that the difficult negotiations with the 20th Century Fox film studio continued for two years until agreeable contract terms were drafted. He emphasized that the contract allows Sunrise to assert quality control by stating, “If the script is terrible, the live-action film adaptation will not be approved.”
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 15:10   Link #50
OutSmart
Comic Relief
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Age: 23
“If the script is terrible, the live-action film adaptation will not be approved.”
__________________

what if its just "ok"? I dont want anything less of BRILLIANT for this shows movie adaptation
__________________
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/virgo_3079/lloyd.jpg
OutSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 15:14   Link #51
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
I love Keanu; but I just don't see him pulling off a successful Spike....no way. (surprise me Mr.Reeves!)
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:01   Link #52
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
I can see it. And can't wait for it.

I think Reaves will be able to pull off the care-free attitude of Spike perfectly.

I mean the guy is the One for fucks sake. I believe!
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:26   Link #53
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
What up Shay, no diaper duty yet?!?^^

The thing about Reeves is, when he’s involved with the project you know it’s gonna have a stellar budget, an authenticity-factor beyond that of most adaptations, and a $hitload of Grade A special effects…While he doesn’t have much range as an actor he doesn’t tend to murder or drag the movies he plays in IMO (because most of his movies have either great supporting characters, or great locales, special FX, etc.)…Additionally Spike is one character that doesn’t have all that much range himself...He’s a somewhat monolithic, even-keel dude…He goes from lazy and sarcastic to mad as hell sometimes, but that’s about it…Reeves will have to work on catching his tender side if they include Spike’s babe in the movie though…But overall I think in this case the good outweighs the bad, especially if Reeves is as die-hard as I’ve read him to be on this anime…So I am a bit optimistic…After reading reviews of Dragonball Evolution, I’m Rings of Saturn optimistic in comparison…
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:11   Link #54
t3htr0LL
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MEMEcity
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
What up Shay, no diaper duty yet?!?^^

The thing about Reeves is, when he’s involved with the project you know it’s gonna have a stellar budget, an authenticity-factor beyond that of most adaptations, and a $hitload of Grade A special effects…While he doesn’t have much range as an actor he doesn’t tend to murder or drag the movies he plays in IMO (because most of his movies have either great supporting characters, or great locales, special FX, etc.)…Additionally Spike is one character that doesn’t have all that much range himself...He’s a somewhat monolithic, even-keel dude…He goes from lazy and sarcastic to mad as hell sometimes, but that’s about it…Reeves will have to work on catching his tender side if they include Spike’s babe in the movie though…But overall I think in this case the good outweighs the bad, especially if Reeves is as die-hard as I’ve read him to be on this anime…So I am a bit optimistic…After reading reviews of Dragonball Evolution, I’m Rings of Saturn optimistic in comparison…
Constantine?, Devils Advocate? DA was only "saved" by pacino but man o man this guy really sucks at acting. Don't even get me started on the movie where hes the doctor into old chicks... His best movies are probably, bill and ted, matrix and the replacements... of good movies to bad I would say your looking at a dud.

on a side note, idiots who think japnaese should be the only ones to do la... think again. The one movie that I'm really excited about is Oldboy with will smith... that just wreaks of fucking win.
t3htr0LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:17   Link #55
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3htr0LL View Post
Constantine?, Devils Advocate? DA was only "saved" by pacino but man o man this guy really sucks at acting. Don't even get me started on the movie where hes the doctor into old chicks... His best movies are probably, bill and ted, matrix and the replacements... of good movies to bad I would say your looking at a dud.

on a side note, idiots who think japnaese should be the only ones to do la... think again. The one movie that I'm really excited about is Oldboy with will smith... that just wreaks of fucking win.
He is by no means a horrible actor. He has his own style that he fits into and when he has roles that fit the style he pulls it off very well. As wingdarkness said he doesn't have a big range as an actor. However he does have a particular range he fits into and Spike is one of those roles I actually believe fits into it. Its not like SPike is really "all over the place" emotive himself. Saying Keanu Reeves is a terrible actor to me is almost like saying some actor who is primarily good at filling comedy roles sucks as an actor because they can't play serious roles.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:26   Link #56
t3htr0LL
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MEMEcity
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
He is by no means a horrible actor. He has his own style that he fits into and when he has roles that the style can fit into he pulls it off very well. As wingdarkness said he doesn't have a big range as an actor. However he does have a particular range he fits into and Spike is one of those roles I actually believe it fits into. Its not like SPike is really "all over the place" emotive himself. Saying Keanu Reeves is a terrible actor to me is almost like saying some actopr who primrily is good a doing comedy movies sucks as an actor because he can't play serious roles.
No he has no range, he has one style of acting and calling it a style is like spitting on real actors. The "I don't care cuz I'm cool" look. Daytime soaps have better acting than keanu reaves. Because spike actually is funny already makes keanu reaves an impossible fit... If you think about it Oldboy with will smith based on the Manga will probably the first foray into good live action. Oldboy the first movie adaptation was pretty damn awesome too, but with will smith star power with good righting, your looking at another independence day. The reason why he sucks is because in comedy when it takes a serious turn as in the movie where hes the doctor.... k i'm just gonna google this: Something's Gotta Give, basically hes just the typical douche whos good looking and just stands there for eye candy for the audience. Don't even get me started about much ado about nothing. If that movie didn't have Denzel and the other cast keanu's fail acting would have been one of the greatest raeps to shakespeare. I want LA's to be succesful but man when bad actors try to propse them I'm immediately turned off.
t3htr0LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:45   Link #57
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Keanu Reeves chooses roles that he knows he can do. He seems very aware of his limitations and isn't trying to get himself an Oscar playing a sympathetic Nazi guard in some World War II period piece directed by Spielberg or Ridley Scott, etc.

He has far excelled my expectations of him on numerous occasions, most notably in Van Sant's 'My Own Private Idaho'.

He has a solid record in sci-fi/horror movies, like The Gift, A Scanner Darkley(great movie), The Matrix, etc. I'm not saying these movies were life changing or his performances made me want to give up my life of waiting tables and take the first Greyhound to LA and attempt to be an actor in the vein of Mr. Keanu Reeves, but these films were far from piss poor and were in fact entertaining, solidly crafted movies.

Keanu's acting ability may be called into question but the guy is amazing when it comes to picking scripts. He (or his representative) knows how to pick roles that ensure he will remain an A-list actor for years to come. The Matrix movies along with movies like Devil's Advocate and Constantine solidified him as on of the most sought after Sci-Fi names in hollywood.

My friend once told me that he liked the fact that he doesn't chew the scenery. He found Keanu's performance better than Jack Nicholsons in "Somethings gotta give",simply because he could SEE Jack acting. It didn't seem real to him and too overdone.

He may not be Daniel Day-Lewis or Sean Penn, but he is good for a certain kind of role. That same general statement applies to just about any A-list actor.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:32   Link #58
t3htr0LL
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MEMEcity
Constantine was bad, so was Devil's Advocate, but the saving grace in Advocate was that I got to see Pacino be the devil. Now you have not mentioned Much ado about Nothing... how can you mess up Shakespeare and call yourself an A list actor. I'm sorry but it just goes over my head. Not to mention his latest flub, the day the earth stood still. Something Gotta give was a really cheesy movie but diane keaton really made it a quirky fun romantic comedy, while her supporting casts just seemed to bumble around. The fact that Keanu didn't change his acting at all was beyond appalling, his acting was equivalent of what he did in the matrix, if you had replaced those two roles, the movie would have not changed. Now I would say he does action fairly well, speed and the matrix are great movies that showcase his one feat which is the cool emotionless guy. I'm just saying this guy has one acting style, which probably isn't really acting, since he never changes expression, which ultimately makes him a weak choice for Spike, because lets face it, spike is charismatic, funny, quirky, and eccentric, this brought out in the movie, and series and I just don't find Keanu able to pull off anything other than the cool aura which means that spikes character really loses depth and becomes pretty one dimensional. Just look at the replacements, probably one of the roles that he has had most simiarly that spike shares with the main lead... keanu comes off flat, his interaction with the team has no feel to it, his interaction with miss congeniality, is pretty much flat and is never really funny at all. Most of the time when he attempts to be funny not even a grin crosses my face.
t3htr0LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:47   Link #59
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3htr0LL View Post
No he has no range, he has one style of acting and calling it a style is like spitting on real actors. The "I don't care cuz I'm cool" look. Daytime soaps have better acting than keanu reaves. Because spike actually is funny already makes keanu reaves an impossible fit... If you think about it Oldboy with will smith based on the Manga will probably the first foray into good live action. Oldboy the first movie adaptation was pretty damn awesome too, but with will smith star power with good righting, your looking at another independence day. The reason why he sucks is because in comedy when it takes a serious turn as in the movie where hes the doctor.... k i'm just gonna google this: Something's Gotta Give, basically hes just the typical douche whos good looking and just stands there for eye candy for the audience. Don't even get me started about much ado about nothing. If that movie didn't have Denzel and the other cast keanu's fail acting would have been one of the greatest raeps to shakespeare. I want LA's to be succesful but man when bad actors try to propse them I'm immediately turned off.
I'm sorry your English is a bit hard to follow, but did you just say Will Smith is a good actor, but you want to pied-piper us into saying Reeves sucks a$$, end of story? If so that's instant fail...Go watch "Ali" or "Bagger Vance" and gimme "Speed" anyday...Again, dude hasn't got much range, but given the content and the funding, I'll take him...It's not like he's Nicolas F'ing Cage ...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:51   Link #60
t3htr0LL
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MEMEcity
All actors have duds... but of the memorable movies will smith has done, I prefer his "acting" to keanu reaves, he has more than one facial expression for every damn scene in a movie. Plus atleast he didn't butcher a classic movie into complete oblivion, cough the day the earth stood still cough....
Nice use of strawman... too bad you can't formulate anything better in that retort...
t3htr0LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live-action, movie

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.