AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-05, 00:04   Link #1
advent child

Where can I find xvid?

Hi all, this is my first time posting. I can't play some of the animation I downloaded, I read from some posts that I will need xvid for some videos, but I can't find anywhere for download, so if you have a link, please let me know, thanks for your time.
Old 2004-05-05, 00:13   Link #2
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by advent child
Hi all, this is my first time posting. I can't play some of the animation I downloaded, I read from some posts that I will need xvid for some videos, but I can't find anywhere for download, so if you have a link, please let me know, thanks for your time.
You know, using google isn't *that* hard http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml
Old 2004-05-28, 19:19   Link #3
deadcoat

Quote:
A good site to start with is www.divx-digest.com look under software and than codecs and filters. There are a few choices for xvid codecs I use Nics xvid cause it has a four cc changer it can be found at http://nic.dnsalias.com/ .Though this one is an older build so you may want one with a newer build.
Old 2004-05-28, 19:57   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Follow Cruzz's link and download Koepi's XVID version (the stable one) because Koepi's is IMO the best XVID ^_^
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
Old 2004-05-30, 20:00   Link #5
Animaniac
On leave?

First off, no one that is just playing back XviD videos needs XviD. The latest version of ffdshow (20-05-2004) handles XviD 1.0 material better than the official XviD decoder. Nearly all the work done on XviD binaries is done on the encoding end. Second, You should have found a link to ffdshow in this stickied thread that you should have looked at before posting.
Closed Thread