AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-18, 23:05   Link #801
LBritannia
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
LBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:09   Link #802
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
They put the capital in Mexico? I knew it was a desert but still, Mexico? The center of an 18th century futuristic version of a monarchic British Empire is in Mexico of all places? They didn't even colonize Mexico in the beginning, the Spanish did!
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:22   Link #803
scifijimmy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: desert of Alabasta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
They put the capital in Mexico? I knew it was a desert but still, Mexico? The center of an 18th century futuristic version of monarchic Great Britain is in Mexico?
This Agreably makes no sense, in our timeline the USA didn't acquire the Southwest until after the mexican-American War in the mid 1840's.

Oh well, they could have moved it after the tudors arrived.

Nice pic. Where's it from.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:35   Link #804
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
They put the capital in Mexico? I knew it was a desert but still, Mexico? The center of an 18th century futuristic version of a monarchic British Empire is in Mexico of all places? They didn't even colonize Mexico in the beginning, the Spanish did!
You know, perhaps Britannia moved their capital there in the 1900's to ensure superiority over the Pacific, and to escape from EU's attacks.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:40   Link #805
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
You know, perhaps Britannia moved their capital there in the 1900's to ensure superiority over the Pacific, and to escape from EU's attacks.
I know, I know, they could come up with all sorts of reasons, this just wasn't expected though. I figured Las Vega, Dallas maybe, or somewhere in California. You know, I'm feeling kind of concerned over what happened to the natives there beforehand given Britannia's former system of discrimination and how I'd find it hard they would all the presence of those they viewed below them anywhere near their capital
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:41   Link #806
scifijimmy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: desert of Alabasta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
You know, perhaps Britannia moved their capital there in the 1900's to ensure superiority over the Pacific, and to escape from EU's attacks.
Must be, though I would have chosen a less arid environment.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:43   Link #807
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
If that map is to be believed, Australia joined the UFN at some point.
__________________
Tokkan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:46   Link #808
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If that map is to be believed, Australia joined the UFN at some point.
No, it has a different colour from both Britannia and the UFN.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:46   Link #809
scifijimmy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: desert of Alabasta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If that map is to be believed, Australia joined the UFN at some point.
UFN is red on that map, Australia is brown, so no the land down under is still independent. If fact it still looks like its unclaimed.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:46   Link #810
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If that map is to be believed, Australia joined the UFN at some point.
Australia is of a different color from UFN's red.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:46   Link #811
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If that map is to be believed, Australia joined the UFN at some point.
No,no, the shadings more orange then red. I think its just to denote neutral or allied countries since it looked like attacks against Brtannia were coming from the former EU territories as well.
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 23:47   Link #812
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
No, it has a different colour from both Britannia and the UFN.
Ah, right. The picture was too dark, but yeah the UFN is more red while Australia more green/grey.

< -- Is colour-blind, can't distinguish certain greens from yellows and certain reds from browns.
__________________
Tokkan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 12:48   Link #813
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I know, I know, they could come up with all sorts of reasons, this just wasn't expected though. I figured Las Vega, Dallas maybe, or somewhere in California. You know, I'm feeling kind of concerned over what happened to the natives there beforehand given Britannia's former system of discrimination and how I'd find it hard they would all the presence of those they viewed below them anywhere near their capital
Well since it was a former Spanish colony and the Spanish nobility(along with the rest) all went on a mass exodus after Napolean won the battle of Waterloo its not much of a stretch of the imagination for them to have simply transfered ownership of the colony from Spain to HEB. The Mexicans, Columbians, Canadians and all the rest may be naturalised Britannian citizens not numbers.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 14:27   Link #814
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Well since it was a former Spanish colony and the Spanish nobility(along with the rest) all went on a mass exodus after Napolean won the battle of Waterloo its not much of a stretch of the imagination for them to have simply transfered ownership of the colony from Spain to HEB. The Mexicans, Columbians, Canadians and all the rest may be naturalised Britannian citizens not numbers.
Hmm, that's an interesting theory and one I hadn't imagined, but yes nobility as its treated would count for a lot amongst all of them, enough for them to unite with the new HEB afterward, and one where integration could take still place. Adds a lot to my Spanish descent theory on what up with the middle names the royal family has, what with the el'd and la's
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 15:41   Link #815
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Yo guys, I know this thread has been out for awhile, but I just ran across something interesting while reading about all the tropes Code Geass possessed. Apparently, Ben might not have actually betrayed the American Revolution out of his own will, a bit of Geass persuasion might have been involved, which would coincide with C.C's mentioning of Ben being an unfortunate man who was 'too kind' apparently. Thought that was interesting to note anyway.
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 10:24   Link #816
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Yo guys, I know this thread has been out for awhile, but I just ran across something interesting while reading about all the tropes Code Geass possessed. Apparently, Ben might not have actually betrayed the American Revolution out of his own will, a bit of Geass persuasion might have been involved, which would coincide with C.C's mentioning of Ben being an unfortunate man who was 'too kind' apparently. Thought that was interesting to note anyway.
Where was that info from?
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 17:14   Link #817
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Where was that info from?
Wow, that was so long ago I forgot the source now. I think I stumbled across it during my investigation of the conversation between Lelouch and C.C, though I really for the life of me can't remember now. I think it was from a second-hand source that made the claim, but it seemed like he was citing legitimate and the inclusion made sense in the current context and understanding we had so far of that moment anyway
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 21:55   Link #818
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Here's my guess on what happened with Central and South America:

The Spanish and Portuguese are either crushed in a bloody war or they are assimilated into Britannian society via marriage. Either way the colonial system of the Spanish and Portuguese, which was more laid back in regards to amerindians and more forgiving to interracial marriage is replaced with the Number system, which causes complete segregation and millions of natives and mestizos to die in concentration camps and building sites.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 07:18   Link #819
Gordy Lechance
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Just wondering:

The Apollo moon landing obviously (and unfortunately) never happened.

And of course, neither did the Cold-War space race that inspired it.

So, just how primitive would the Space-Travel technology of the Code Geass verse be compared to our little universe as a consequence?
__________________
This oversized signature has been removed.
Gordy Lechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 10:08   Link #820
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Just wondering:

The Apollo moon landing obviously (and unfortunately) never happened.

And of course, neither did the Cold-War space race that inspired it.

So, just how primitive would the Space-Travel technology of the Code Geass verse be compared to our little universe as a consequence?
Our own space travel technology is still primitive anyway, it hasn't gone anywhere pass the ancient spaceshuttle.

Technologically they are slightly less than us at the start of the show, and more advance than us at the end of the show. Tech development in Sunrise shows tend to go at an accelerated pace because war speeds up tech.

Many of the Knightmare tech developed near the end of the show should aid in future space ship development. It wouldn't take the Code Geass world more than 10 years to get to Space after the end of the final episode.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.