AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-09, 11:29   Link #2041
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Putting my foot where my mouth is. Continuing a conversation from the Ranka thread:


Grace did tell Sheryl she was swapping all of her blood samples, while she was having her check-ups. What was the point of getting an immediate test? Just so she could be absolutely sure of her claims? There was always time for that later - like the series itself showed to us.

I mean, honestly, is that the only "mistake" you can fault Sheryl for?
I think what they really want to say but can't admit is this: She's at fault for being too awesome.

__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2009-01-09, 11:33   Link #2042
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
I can't really argue with that, forgottendiary-sama...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2009-02-09, 18:40   Link #2043
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Iron Will+Perfect Idol...If the writers not saying otherwise i could have thought that she was directly designed to awesome! And even the fact that she wasn't in the original plot or not in that form...I think very few people can hate or even not like her character amongst the ones who saw Macross F...

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-02-10 at 04:53.
willyvereb is online now  
Old 2009-02-10, 01:21   Link #2044
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Sheryl placed #1 in the Anican 2008 Reader’s Poll, was rather Macross Frontier dominated.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...uki-yui-horie/

Characters Category

1. Sheryl Nome (Macross F)
2. Lelouch vi Brittania (Code Geass)
3. Ranka Lee (Macross F)
4. Setsuna F Seiei (Gundam 00)
5. Tieria Erde (Gundam 00)
6. Nagi (Kannagi)
7. Minori Kushieda (Toradora!)
8. Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad)
9. Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
10. Lina Inverse (Slayers Revolution)
Westlo is offline  
Old 2009-02-10, 05:44   Link #2045
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Iron Will+Perfect Idol...If the writers not saying otherwise i could have thought that she was directly designed to awesome! And even the fact that she wasn't in the original plot or not in that form...I think very few people can hate or even not like her character amongst the ones who saw Macross F...
Quite tragically *some* people do because they lack taste, primarily



Welcome to Sheryl's fan club! <3
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2009-02-10, 08:31   Link #2046
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think most of the Sheryl haters are die-hard Ranka fans...you know the ones who see the triangle as a bloody war... But perhaps every good thing can trigger counter-reaction cuz Sheryl is a way too perfect for some ppl(same way as i can dislike Minato [Akane-iro]aka the cyber maid), and even seems not a real person(i can oppose that statement tough). Not to mention that for me first Sheryl's looks was not something special in contrast with the lively Ranka image i've seen at ep 1.
willyvereb is online now  
Old 2009-02-10, 08:53   Link #2047
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
*I think most of the Sheryl haters are die-hard Ranka fans...you know the ones who see the triangle as a bloody war... But perhaps every good thing can trigger counter-reaction cuz **Sheryl is a way too perfect for some ppl(same way as i can dislike Minato [Akane-iro]aka the cyber maid), and even seems not a real person(i can oppose that statement tough). Not to mention that for me first ***Sheryl's looks was not something special in contrast with the lively Ranka image i've seen at ep 1.
*Keep in mind that the same can be said in reverse. Ranka fans can also say that those who hate Ranka are die-hard Sheryl fans. No matter what side of the coin you are, there will always be rabid ones about.
...But you do speak some truth *still remembers when her email was brutally abused >__>*.

**Sheryl is far from perfect. She has many flaws. @_@ But she makes up for all of it before series' end (as we can see in the 18+ episodes), which is why the fandom, IMHO, love her so much . *Squints* Oh you placed ...for some people, oh well.

***Gotta agree with you there. I'm not undermining Sheryl's looks but the pink hair and the assets didn't really impress me (GSD does that too you). Although, it didn't really bother me as much as Ranka's obvious moe-to-please-appearance did.
__________________
raile is offline  
Old 2009-02-10, 09:04   Link #2048
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
*Keep in mind that the same can be said in reverse. Ranka fans can also say that those who hate Ranka are die-hard Sheryl fans. No matter what side of the coin you are, there will always be rabid ones about.
...But you do speak some truth *still remembers when her email was brutally abused >__>*.

**Sheryl is far from perfect. She has many flaws. @_@ But she makes up for all of it before series' end (as we can see in the 18+ episodes), which is why the fandom, IMHO, love her so much . *Squints* Oh you placed ...for some people, oh well.

***Gotta agree with you there. I'm not undermining Sheryl's looks but the pink hair and the assets didn't really impress me (GSD does that too you). Although, it didn't really bother me as much as Ranka's obvious moe-to-please-appearance did.
*Just to say i am a great Sheryl fan but i can't hate Ranka(i can't hate ppl who did his/her best based on her personality/background/situation...tough i hate many of Ranka's actions[or the miss of action..."Heresy grows from idleness"])
*** In some pictures she deffinietly looks awfull...the animators have many problems with her looks...his face changes as many times as her cup size in the show at least!
Funny note: Maybe Sheryl Nome is the reincarnation of Kamina(from TTGL) as a woman?:P Because i think if she has benn remade as a male then his GAR meter would be over 9000! XD

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-02-10 at 17:57.
willyvereb is online now  
Old 2009-02-11, 22:32   Link #2049
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Sheryl has now topped CC in Newtype!
__________________
raile is offline  
Old 2009-02-11, 22:49   Link #2050
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Sheryl has now topped CC in Newtype!
Wohooo!!!!!!!!!

All hail Queen Sheryl!
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2009-02-11, 23:41   Link #2051
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Lol...in some forums and blogs Sheryl is called Marry Sue kind of character...lol. Called Marry Sue because she was awesome...then every great character with strong will is Marry Sue character...some ppl said that she has many great aspects while her weaknesses are meaningless...
Main points i have heard that why they found her Marry Sue:
-very strong willed, everywhere perfect.
- her weaknesses nowhere weighty
-She has almost more outfits than the whole cast.
-the show centered around her
I doubt it all, but i have wrote it down to show some main point why can someone hate Sheryl's character.
willyvereb is online now  
Old 2009-02-11, 23:46   Link #2052
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
What? Sheryl? Finally beating CC to a bloody pulp in New Type?! MUST SEE SCANS! Where!!??

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-02-12, 00:06   Link #2053
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Lol...in some forums and blogs Sheryl is called Marry Sue kind of character...lol. Called Marry Sue because she was awesome...then every great character with strong will is Marry Sue character...some ppl said that she has many great aspects while her weaknesses are meaningless...
Main points i have heard that why they found her Marry Sue:
-very strong willed, everywhere perfect.
- her weaknesses nowhere weighty
-She has almost more outfits than the whole cast.
-the show centered around her
I doubt it all, but i have wrote it down to show some main point why can someone hate Sheryl's character.
Odd she's the Mary Sue, that has been always Wanko's turf

-While it's true that she's strong-willed, she did break down when she could no longer take it (but fortunately bounced back as she regained her purpose). What's more, her breaking down suggests she's not really perfect in every aspect.
-If this weakness refers to her not being able to express her feelings/intentions, might I say almost everyone goes through such a thing and it's not nowhere weighty.
-She is the galactic fairy after all, it's almost a given that she gets the most number of outfits
-Don't think so, it wasn't even intended that she'd end up like she did. If there's anyone that the show centered on, it'd be the other girl.

If anyone can hate Sheryl based on these things, I can only conclude they are either shallow or just lack good taste.
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2009-02-12, 00:29   Link #2054
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Recon
Send a message via AIM to abynormal Send a message via Skype™ to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
If anyone can hate Sheryl based on these things, I can only conclude they are either shallow or just lack good taste.
Or aren't around women enough XD I know, I know, cheap shot.
abynormal is offline  
Old 2009-02-12, 00:37   Link #2055
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Right...just some corrections:
1.)She's strong, but because she's strong Sheryl suffers the most.
2.)Her main weakness is that she's all alone and even if she's not she don't want to lean on others for even a moment.
3.) She's the galaxy's No. 1 pop-star...for the creators to be real they must show her in tons of outfits...because Sheryl must not wear the same clothes every day.
4.) In the original plot she was just a mentor character...then with the plot rewrite she got some serious character and a main role(part of the main love triangle)...and then her character development proved that good that many people thinking that she's the main heroine(tough only just secondary) of the story.
willyvereb is online now  
Old 2009-02-12, 00:56   Link #2056
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
What? Sheryl? Finally beating CC to a bloody pulp in New Type?! MUST SEE SCANS! Where!!??

- Tak


I have to say I really don't understand Newtype poll now.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2009-02-12, 01:10   Link #2057
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
What? Sheryl? Finally beating CC to a bloody pulp in New Type?! MUST SEE SCANS! Where!!??

- Tak
Give those scans and I'll make a wallpaper out of it.

EDIT. nevermind, and thx
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline  
Old 2009-02-12, 01:11   Link #2058
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
And Lacus is actually not on the top 10. Oh dear...

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-02-12, 01:37   Link #2059
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
... I can see Klan-chan on the 9th position! What the...? And Ranka is back to the 3rd after her disappearance from top 10?! Is there anything that can speed up Macross F's character rank or what???

I give up. Japanese people have random mood-swings.
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-02-12, 01:43   Link #2060
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And Lacus is actually not on the top 10. Oh dear...

- Tak
i know. i noticed that immediately. Kira is still in the top 10 though.. haha.

there is a DIRE need for the SEED movie now!!!
germanturkey is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.