AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-02, 00:41   Link #261
Nikusu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Fumika~
Shigofumi for instant FTW!

I love your last two signatures. I don't even like Afro Samurai and I LOVE that signature.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 04:14   Link #262
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Small update after the weekend.





And a wallpaper. Haven't done those for a while.
http://atomicox.deviantart.com/art/Tri-Part-111496456
Good ones. Took me a while to actually find Afro's head.

Come to think of the wallpaper, when looking at it, do you have those strange colored lines in the gradient? I've never found a way to get rid of them on my LCD. Don't even know if that's possible.
__________________
:3
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 04:20   Link #263
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
Shigofumi for instant FTW!

I love your last two signatures. I don't even like Afro Samurai and I LOVE that signature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesshomaru22 View Post
Oh, wow, Atomico! Your work keeps getting better and better! I love the Berserker signature. Especially with the effects and everything!
Thankies ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Good ones. Took me a while to actually find Afro's head.
Might have gotten a bit dark. It was on a friend's crappy PC without my settings and monitor.

Quote:
Come to think of the wallpaper, when looking at it, do you have those strange colored lines in the gradient? I've never found a way to get rid of them on my LCD. Don't even know if that's possible.
Colored lines? I don't know exactly what you mean, but I do get lines in the gradient at times, that's lighter or darker than the next one beside it, if that's what you mean.

EDIT: My new 1TB HDD is up and running \o/ Formatting takes forever...
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 04:30   Link #264
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Colored lines? I don't know exactly what you mean, but I do get lines in the gradient at times, that's lighter or darker than the next one beside it, if that's what you mean.
Well, I don't know if taking a screen and showing it here solves the problem, for it can just be wrong monitor setting. I've seen discussions about it on the net, without any real fix of the problem. I would describe it as...a gradient not as perfect as it should look. It only happens on bigger res and only (as far as my eyes sees it) with B&W gradients. It looks pretty obvious on your wallpaper (the lower half), so that's why I asked. If you don't have such a problem, well...I think I should try some color correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Ah, it was what I thought. On the WP I linked I see it too and I honestly have no idea why. Might be pixel/monitor related but...
I also heard it might be a Photoshop problem. Meaning a perfect gradient on such high resolution being just plain impossible.

Or it could be a problem of today's LCDs. I don't have a CRT around to test that option. Well, I do in fact, but I'm too lazy to carry that monster over here.
__________________
:3

Last edited by Larthak; 2009-02-02 at 04:47.
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 04:39   Link #265
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Well, I don't know if taking a screen and showing it here solves the problem, for it can just be wrong monitor setting. I've seen discussions about it on the net, without any real fix of the problem. I would describe it as...a gradient not as perfect as it should look. It only happens on bigger res and only (as far as my eyes sees it) with B&W gradients. It looks pretty obvious on your wallpaper (the lower half), so that's why I asked. If you don't have such a problem, well...I think I should try some color correction.
Ah, it was what I thought. On the WP I linked I see it too and I honestly have no idea why. Might be pixel/monitor related but...
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 09:40   Link #266
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25






Elajisine
Spoiler for Short story:
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 09:44   Link #267
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: in Your Planet
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Very adorable .. I like the BG though .. >.<

+Cookies ..
__________________
Katocchi's Art and Graphics Project
Kato always welcome
if everyone want to visit
and give comment ^^

_______________________
Vocaloid Avatars
- Last Update 2009/04/03 -

_______________________
MyAnimeList
My DeviantArt
Katocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 11:34   Link #268
Kaix
[. . .]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Imaginary World no. 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post

Elajisine
Spoiler for Short story:
This story is really great. The beginning was nice, but it wasn't until it the ending that I began realizing how powerfully sad it really is. Very emotional in my opinion.
__________________

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 16:21   Link #269
escimo
Paparazzi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ice Box
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Nice. Very so. Great lighting. It's somehow mesmerizing to look at.
Will have to get back to you on the short story. TLRd it for now. Sorry bout that.
__________________
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 19:06   Link #270
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katocchi View Post
Very adorable .. I like the BG though .. >.<

+Cookies ..
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
This story is really great. The beginning was nice, but it wasn't until it the ending that I began realizing how powerfully sad it really is. Very emotional in my opinion.
Good you thought so Kai, I was aiming for something to that degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
Nice. Very so. Great lighting. It's somehow mesmerizing to look at.
Will have to get back to you on the short story. TLRd it for now. Sorry bout that.
I was planning to play around with lightning in this one after seeing a similar somewhere else. I guess it worked

Now, for more random images.

This was kinda an experiment to see how far I could go without other material. have no idea what it is really, but I like to think of it as a galaxy of some kind.
Spoiler for size:


A forum project and I made the name for lawls.


Now for some cleaning. Rather simple IMO, but the result was above expected.

Original 1: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9639/1016jh8.jpg
Spoiler for Cleaned 1:


Original 2: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3852/1009ru2.jpg
Spoiler for Cleaned 2:


Original 3: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4647/1066mn7.jpg
Spoiler for Cleaned 3:


and lastly, a sig for an SOTW [Theme: Horror]
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 11:47   Link #271
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Too much inspiration and energy.





Another short story. Alone
Spoiler for Alone:

Advice and critique appreciated.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 04:26   Link #272
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
T-T-T-Triple post!





Request




Played around to get a good perspective then played around with color/light.


__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 04:32   Link #273
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
D: Man, lately it's been pretty dead on the fan creation feedback. I'm feeling it myself in my own thread >.<

Forgot to mention that I LOVE your first Samus sig. I've seen that image before and liked it then, so of course I loved what you did with it.

You always do such a great just with lighting and clarity in your sigs, the reflection and translucence really makes your sigs look much cleaner than anything I could dream of making.

Pretty good job of cleaning those three images too, I'll have to run some requests by you some time!
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 05:20   Link #274
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
D: Man, lately it's been pretty dead on the fan creation feedback. I'm feeling it myself in my own thread >.<
Heh, yeah, although I don't do much about it myself. Have to go around and write stuff up, but I'm so lazy + exams are coming up

Quote:
Forgot to mention that I LOVE your first Samus sig. I've seen that image before and liked it then, so of course I loved what you did with it.

You always do such a great just with lighting and clarity in your sigs, the reflection and translucence really makes your sigs look much cleaner than anything I could dream of making.
Thanks. I'm always trying to make them look clean and clear, most of the time. It's the Web 2.0 designs that hit me on that point.

Aw, come on, your entry in the SOTM is quite clear and clean to me, thus why I voted for it.

Quote:
Pretty good job of cleaning those three images too, I'll have to run some requests by you some time!
Those 3 was quite easy, seeing how nothing was obstructing the image. I think however, the quality improved quite a bit and that was what I was going for. And yea, as long as they ain't too complicated I can do something.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 05:20   Link #275
escimo
Paparazzi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ice Box
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Don't know what else to say. Fantastic sig. Loving it.
__________________
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 05:40   Link #276
SkyLight
I rise, you fall!
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the grass looking up at the sky
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to SkyLight
Awesome work love the looks of most of them

Will have more looks at home, school -.-
__________________

Visit my messy corner here! ^^ Seriously the signature rules...
SkyLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 07:27   Link #277
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
Don't know what else to say. Fantastic sig. Loving it.
Thanks. I've been thinking of doing "In-game photography" and posting on my blog. Trying to find the right angle/light in a game sounds a bit strange, but I find it fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLight View Post
Awesome work love the looks of most of them

Will have more looks at home, school -.-
Thankies ^_^
-----------------------


Might have gotten a bit messy. Unsure of the text too.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 07:40   Link #278
SkyLight
I rise, you fall!
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the grass looking up at the sky
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to SkyLight
Wow awesome work again

Just a question would you mind if I asked for a signature?
__________________

Visit my messy corner here! ^^ Seriously the signature rules...
SkyLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 08:59   Link #279
seohadczy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Congrats on your thread Ilya nice work btw
__________________
Affordable Hosting for small business.
seohadczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 15:07   Link #280
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLight View Post
Wow awesome work again

Just a question would you mind if I asked for a signature?
Depends, I don't (usually) do requests nowadays due to me wanting to choose pics and stuff myself. (Sigs get bad if I'm within limits.)
However,tell me what you had in mind and I can decide then.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.