AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-14, 09:09   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Chrome Shelled Regios Secret Side Manga Discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the third manga series of Chrome Shelled Regios (Chrome Shelled Regios Secret Side) by Shūsuke Amagi, drawn by Watari.

First published 10th April 2008 in Beans Ace.
xris is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 09:51   Link #2
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Currently vol 1 is in possession.

I initially thought that if Missing Mail was FonfonXFelli centered, Secret Side would be somehow LayfonXNina centered. Looks like I was wrong.

But I'm not entirely wrong, though. If I were to describe it, I'd say Nina-Felli-Mei = 2-1-0

Of course, Secret Side has its own way of how Layfon's story from his own PoV is told.

Spoiler for Not for the weak of heart ;D:


Man I am really looking forward to volume 2 now.
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 10:27   Link #3
nina-antalk
Keep Smiling :)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 19
Can you tell me where I can read this?
__________________
nina-antalk is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 19:01   Link #4
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Right now, only raws are available, and I have volume 1 (bought from Kinokuniya).

However, for the time being I don't want to scan it yet due to the amount of time needed. I might scan it later but right now I'm busy with academics >_>
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 19:56   Link #5
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Lol dude, that's the novel's raw while they're talking here is Secret Side Manga raw.

So anyway, Missing Mail: Felli X fonfon centric, while Secret Side is more like Nina x fonfon.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 19:57   Link #6
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
^ Pretty sure Soul assassin is talking about the Manga (CSR Secret Side) not the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Currently vol 1 is in possession.

I initially thought that if Missing Mail was FonfonXFelli centered, Secret Side would be somehow LayfonXNina centered. Looks like I was wrong.
CSR manga seems to be the one centered around Nina though not really much about romance. She's basically the main character in it. It's pretty hilarious. She seems a mix of Sousuke Sagara (military nut, goes to extremes) and Kaname Chidori (volatile temper).
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 20:09   Link #7
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Oh shoot! For some reason I was thinking this was the thread for the novels. It's probably because I had both thread open. So sorry!
__________________
Enternal is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 22:41   Link #8
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
CSR manga seems to be the one centered around Nina though not really much about romance. She's basically the main character in it. It's pretty hilarious. She seems a mix of Sousuke Sagara (military nut, goes to extremes) and Kaname Chidori (volatile temper).
In the current colume I read, well I can't judge anything much from a tankoubon that has 3 chapters total in it, but it seems to focus on Layfon and Nina, even though most of it are on separate terms. But most of the time the panels contain more Layfon than the rest of the characters and his everyday biddings (in his platoon, everyday class and off academic hours).
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 23:14   Link #9
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
In the current colume I read, well I can't judge anything much from a tankoubon that has 3 chapters total in it, but it seems to focus on Layfon and Nina, even though most of it are on separate terms. But most of the time the panels contain more Layfon than the rest of the characters and his everyday biddings (in his platoon, everyday class and off academic hours).
You're referring to CSR: Secret Side right? I haven't actually read any of that. I was referring to CSR manga. That one's almost entirely Nina centric. No romance really that I have seen so far.

So from what I've gather:
CSR-Nina
CSR:MM-FelliXLayfon
CSR:SS-A mix of both NinaxLayfon and FelliXLayfon probably
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 02:36   Link #10
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
You're referring to CSR: Secret Side right? I haven't actually read any of that. I was referring to CSR manga. That one's almost entirely Nina centric. No romance really that I have seen so far.

So from what I've gather:
CSR-Nina
CSR:MM-FelliXLayfon
CSR:SS-A mix of both NinaxLayfon and FelliXLayfon probably
Ah, sorry, my bad.

... One single chapter is so long and I can only read a few of the lines to properly translate them... >_<

good thing this is a manga, so at least I can understand what are they saying based on the pictures and some of the words I can put together and understand.
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-03-07, 06:25   Link #11
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
I hope it is OK for me to bump this thread.

After re-reading a few times to understand the manga itself, I decided to reveal some stuff.

Basically, how different it is than Missing Mail and the current canon we know right now.

Spoiler for Differences:

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-03-07 at 08:44.
Master Assassin is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.