AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 45 Rating
Perfect 10 10 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 28.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 15.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-21, 19:09   Link #21
motaku96
もたく

Spoiler for episode 45:
Old 2009-02-22, 07:53   Link #22
lmd_84

What gets me about Crona (and, yes, I'm concerned about wholly the wrong details) is
Spoiler:

I'm suspecting they'll not explain that? Unless Stein did in 45.
Old 2009-02-22, 08:45   Link #23
Chase

Spoiler for episode:

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Old 2009-02-22, 09:04   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I truly hope they don't have Black Star defeating Mifune. That would 100% hard to believe.

Also is that Excalibur appearing in the preview? Oh yes.
Old 2009-02-22, 15:16   Link #25
Zek
Eyebrows...

I agree it seems silly that the anti-demon wavelength can cut through innocent humans without hurting them. They should have just had Stein remove Medusa with a soulforce attack(see Black Star vs Masamune) and then Maka finish her spirit form off.
Old 2009-02-22, 15:29   Link #26
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
I agree it seems silly that the anti-demon wavelength can cut through innocent humans without hurting them. They should have just had Stein remove Medusa with a soulforce attack(see Black Star vs Masamune) and then Maka finish her spirit form off.
that's what i thought was going to happen

welp, i have to say i am disappointed that Chrona wasn't the one to finish off Medusa, but I'm hoping this wont be the end of her appearances for the anime. Also, I really hope Ragnarok isn't dead, but the thought of Stein trying to scoop him up into a jar or something makes me laugh a little bit
Old 2009-02-22, 15:30   Link #27
lmd_84

@ Zek - Unless Demon Hunter was, in that instance, focussed specifically upon hitting Medusa's soul.

Given the ability to effect a soul wavelength - such as in the Masamune example - I don't think that the theory is too far off what we've already been told. But, in practice, I would have expected Stein to be able to do that sort of technique, not Maka.

@ Ragweed - *g* Yes, that'd be funny. Stein reverts completely to his previous daft scientist persona by...taking, poor, disembodied Ragnarok as a test subject.
Old 2009-02-22, 16:05   Link #28
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post

@ Ragweed - *g* Yes, that'd be funny. Stein reverts completely to his previous daft scientist persona by...taking, poor, disembodied Ragnarok as a test subject.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-22, 16:59   Link #29
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
^
That. Was pretty dang hilarious.

Death the Kidd is MOE~!
Old 2009-02-22, 17:03   Link #30
lmd_84

@Ragweed - Loved it!
Old 2009-02-22, 17:07   Link #31
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

WEAK!!! they killed medusa off she was my favorite character
Old 2009-02-22, 19:42   Link #32
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ehh, that was very, very anti-climatic. Come on, a big time villian like Medusa, killed just like that... Same with Stein, just a *golden palm~* and then, all back to normal. Umm... so why didn't she use that skill when Stein was at half-madness to bring him back to normal?

One thing that was good for me was that Chrona didn't die. Well, that is if Ragnorak is still alive. The two of them make a good commedy duo.

Anyhow, I look forward to Black Star and Mifune's battle. I really liked their two previous battle... so I hope this one will be good as well. And... Excalibur.. *makes that face*

Last edited by Nochgo; 2009-02-22 at 21:51.
Old 2009-02-22, 21:40   Link #33
Jerseykid

Best episode yet. I just new Mifune had to be coming at the end.
Old 2009-02-23, 00:54   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I truly hope they don't have Black Star defeating Mifune. That would 100% hard to believe.

Also is that Excalibur appearing in the preview? Oh yes.
Have to agree that Black Star winning would be hard to believe. I mean it's not like the last fight was a narrow loss. It was a pretty clear decision when Mifune got serious. Wonder how they will handle it?
Old 2009-02-23, 00:59   Link #35
ragweed
woah woah!

I'm not even sure they could fit the whole BS v Mifune fight in a single episode without cutting out alot of it
Old 2009-02-23, 01:59   Link #36
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to agree that Black Star winning would be hard to believe. I mean it's not like the last fight was a narrow loss. It was a pretty clear decision when Mifune got serious. Wonder how they will handle it?
Quite likely they're gonna to use the tried and proven shounen method of powering someone up by having them realize something mid-fight. I'm guessing he's gonna get knocked down at some point, have a dream sequence in which he comes to terms with the deer thing inside Tsubaki, and then gets up and wins. That's just kinda how these things go.
Old 2009-02-23, 04:56   Link #37
lmd_84

Is it still the 'deer thing'? They've not named it or defined it in the anime yet? Huh. In which case, as I agree with your speculation, they'll be fitting in that much more into the fight. Makes me appreciate the manga's use of Black Star more. And I'm not a fan of that kid.
Old 2009-02-23, 07:41   Link #38
Nikkan

Spoiler for episode 45:
Old 2009-02-23, 14:53   Link #39
lmd_84

Have watched the episode. Rather than ramble on:

I think it worked in terms of Bones storyline and characterisations in terms of Maka and Crona, and overall worked for me (having grudgingly accepted that Bones is on its own terms, and nothing is going to bring Okubo's back ).

I think the major letdown was the conclusion for Medusa and Stein. One deemed simply 'evil' and so destroyed, the other 'redeemed' through the goodness and acceptance of a woman who, while understanding that Stein isn't all bad, doesn't seem to recognise why he isn't that nice a person. It remains to be seen whether the writers will refer back to Stein's sadistic side.
Old 2009-02-23, 15:39   Link #40
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Good episode looks like Maka was able to pull one off at the last min and actually kill Medusa for good and save the girl. Im fairly sure Medusa is gone now because she was only inhabiting that girls body while she regained her magical power which obviously didnt happen.

Too bad Chrona got hurt pretty bad but if anyone can save her its Stein, i have feeling she will be ok i dont know about her ability and the black blood though. Marie did a suburb job stopping Maka from making a mistake and using her ability to save Stein at the same time. Maka had completely lost it if it were not for Marie she would have done something she could not take back. Stein and Maire just look nice together i dont know about any romantic vibes which others seem to think but its just cool seeing them together she obviously cares about him very much.

As usual Black Star is causing chaos where ever he goes but he finally made it to the castle

Mifune VS Black Star

Round 2

Get Set

Ready

FIGHT!!!!!!!!