AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-17, 03:33   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Regios - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Regiosites only)

This thread is for the experienced Regios viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with the Novel/Manga material), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Regios anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a game virgin of Regios, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled. (Use the Regios - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the game, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read the BB Code FAQ.

Spoiler tag examples
[spoiler] Text to be hidden [/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

[spoiler=subject title] Text to be hidden [/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler for subject title:

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a manga/novel discussion thread, if you do want to discuss those then please use the already exising threads.
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 06:29   Link #2
honeypie_0106
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Since this is about spoilers, can someone spoil me on what Lilin's role would be? I haven't read the manga, but I'am really curious on what her importance in the story would be.

In my own "guess", I think she wields extraordinary power, since the
Spoiler for Queen and Lilin:


Can some experienced Regios readers help me with this one?
honeypie_0106 is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 08:04   Link #3
Estaron
Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Spoiler for I'm not sure about a lot of stuff but... uhh about Leerin:


We need to read the other novel to understand some stuff...
Estaron is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 17:17   Link #4
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
What is Lilin's character like? That's what I'm curious about. She doesn't need to be a bad ass fighter for me to like her, but I REALLY hope she isn't the damsel in distress type like Mei is. That kind of character annoys me to no end and I really wouldn't want someone like that with Layfon. I hope she has a strong personality.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 21:45   Link #5
Estaron
Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Spoiler for Leerin again? lol:
Estaron is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 10:37   Link #6
meh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
What is Lilin's character like? That's what I'm curious about. She doesn't need to be a bad ass fighter for me to like her, but I REALLY hope she isn't the damsel in distress type like Mei is. That kind of character annoys me to no end and I really wouldn't want someone like that with Layfon. I hope she has a strong personality.
Personality wise she is by far the best among the heroines in the story. She, like Layfon before his exile, does a lot to take care of the orphanage. She's studying business(? or finance) at school for this purpose also.

Her letters really do affect Layfon a great deal, basically telling him his true feelings rather than what he deludes himself with. And generally provides a lot of emotional support for him(this is understated in the anime for obvious pacing purposes).

Basically Lilin gives off that perfect wife feel.
meh is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 16:17   Link #7
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post

Basically Lilin gives off that perfect wife feel.
That actually alarms me rather than reassures me about her character. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see. She does seem to show much determination from what you guys say, which is a good thing.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 18:14   Link #8
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Question: There's going to happen something special with Nina(in sense of powerup or any other) because she was saved by an Electric Fairy's sacrafice?Next: Nina(and perhaps the other teammates of Layfon) will get some power-up soon and become somewhat usefull in the combat?
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 19:54   Link #9
Estaron
Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
As a military artist, Nina will continue being useless.
Same goes for the rest of the people in platoons in Zuellni.
It seems Felli is about the useful you can get...

Nina does get special capabilities such as something that seems like traveling through different dimensions.
In that ep where they had where some guys in Wolf Masks appear, Nina disappeared from Zuellni. (though that was only noted in the episode preview of the previous episode...)
She can also talk to Electronic Fairies, something other characters can't do.
Estaron is offline  
Old 2009-02-19, 02:39   Link #10
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
That's pity somewhat but perhaps in sense real...it's not a classical fighting Shonen show where the characters miraculusly gains powerups to be some use in the fight...
Dimension travelling?The hotheaded Nina and a non direct combat power...interesting.
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-02-19, 08:17   Link #11
0rphen21
^.^
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Question:what was Layfon's sin that got him banished??
__________________
If killing is my only skill so be it. If I'll keep having
nightmares i don't care, I'll use everything i have to protect her
0rphen21 is offline  
Old 2009-02-19, 12:08   Link #12
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rphen21 View Post
Question:what was Layfon's sin that got him banished??
Well according to Missing mail.... Layfon's power was aknowlaged by the queen and so he becomed 12th heaven-blade..... normaly heaven blades are fighting in order to protect people of the city from the bugs..... people thinked that its and honour to be serve the queen and people cherrished Layfon at first...... but later it turned out that Layfon was fighting only for money..... when people discovered that he was working for money (and not for honour of serving the queen and its people) that he spended on his orphanage they demanded to banish him.... (even the children from his orphanage treated him as traitor totaly forgeting that he worked for money so they could eat)

But well it was not like queen banished him but Layfon felt that he cant stay in Grendan anymore and that he has to leave....only Leerin from all people stayed close to Layfon till he went to Zuelii..... she know Layfon the best and she know that what he done was not bad...... well she still loves him and that proves the letters she writes to layfon constantly (that she didnt fogot him and is always thinking about him)
zibi88 is offline  
Old 2009-02-19, 13:25   Link #13
Archmagination2002
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Well according to Missing mail.... Layfon's power was aknowlaged by the queen and so he becomed 12th heaven-blade..... normaly heaven blades are fighting in order to protect people of the city from the bugs..... people thinked that its and honour to be serve the queen and people cherrished Layfon at first...... but later it turned out that Layfon was fighting only for money..... when people discovered that he was working for money (and not for honour of serving the queen and its people) that he spended on his orphanage they demanded to banish him.... (even the children from his orphanage treated him as traitor totaly forgeting that he worked for money so they could eat)

But well it was not like queen banished him but Layfon felt that he cant stay in Grendan anymore and that he has to leave....only Leerin from all people stayed close to Layfon till he went to Zuelii..... she know Layfon the best and she know that what he done was not bad...... well she still loves him and that proves the letters she writes to layfon constantly (that she didnt fogot him and is always thinking about him)

Are you sure thats all there is to it? I thought I remember hearing that a person in Grendan found out about Layfon fighting for money and tried blackmailing him about it. Layfon ended up killing that person(who was a regular person.. no kei) and then both things went public.
Archmagination2002 is offline  
Old 2009-02-19, 13:28   Link #14
asrielchase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Well according to Missing mail....
Spoiler for space:
hmm?? missing mail said it was like that? According to novel it's a bit more than just "fighting for money"...

Spoiler for Layfon's past:
__________________
エル・プサイ・コングルゥ
asrielchase is offline  
Old 2009-02-19, 14:06   Link #15
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
So he was quite determined to support the orphanage...even to extremes.
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 01:43   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
So he was quite determined to support the orphanage...even to extremes.
Kinda sad for someone who had good intentions. Only to be hated by the same people he was trying to help.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 07:48   Link #17
0rphen21
^.^
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
ah so that was the reason........ but i got to agree with MrTerrorist that just plain sad also from the spoilers above i could already guess why the blackmailer survived

ok last question: what was the reaction of the other members of the heaven blades? did they learn why he needed to earn that much money?
__________________
If killing is my only skill so be it. If I'll keep having
nightmares i don't care, I'll use everything i have to protect her
0rphen21 is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 08:08   Link #18
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rphen21 View Post
ok last question: what was the reaction of the other members of the heaven blades? did they learn why he needed to earn that much money?
Spoiler for pure guess, again, correct me please if wrong:
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 14:16   Link #19
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Well I could only tell according to Missing mail ^^ since I cant read japanese (at least not kanji ^^) so I couldnt read novels.... so I could only stick to missing mail theory...

Maybe people of Grendan will change their minds about Layfon when they will hear that Layfon changed and is fighting monsters not for money but in order to protect the city


But its kinda wierd that put all the blame on Layfon....they could remember that he was still a young kid.... and kids act like kids who wanted to keep the orphanage his family alive (so they could eat, cloths ect).... Layfon was risking his life while fighting monsters so why he couldnt earn some money for that...

Anyway Layfon doesnt need Grendan ^^ all he needs is Leerin besides him ^^ home is there where she is (the only person who stayed besides him till the end in grendan)


Btw. can someone tell me: when,why and with who will Leerin come to Zuelli to Layfon.... (and will the queen go there too...) <--- question to novel readers (maybe what is her interreaction with Layfon and stuff like that about her in Zueli)
zibi88 is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 06:39   Link #20
asrielchase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post

Btw. can someone tell me: when,why and with who will Leerin come to Zuelli to Layfon.... (and will the queen go there too...) <--- question to novel readers (maybe what is her interreaction with Layfon and stuff like that about her in Zueli)

I can give you a very, very brief description of when and why. Actually I haven't read to the part where she meets Layfon but there are always spoilers around, so I have an idea of what happens:

Spoiler:
__________________
エル・プサイ・コングルゥ
asrielchase is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.