AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-02-26, 13:03   Link #861
LelouchZeroFTW

I thought seed and seed destiny were crap, but destiny more so. We never even learned what the whole "seed" thing was supposed to mean. I'll take a stab at it: was the exploding seed meant to represent human destruction of nature, or maybe nature fighting back with exploding seeds? I mean what are we supposed to assume! And Kira survived the blast because "he has the seed" dum dum dum. WTF? I hate "seed" with a passion, they have desecrated the name of Gundam. So far (crosses fingers for the ending) Gundam 00 is managing to claw back some respectability for the franchise.
LelouchZeroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 13:44   Link #862
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
LOL, my usual answer for Shinn haters? :P

Spoiler for OWNED!!:

The main reason why I am disappointed in Destiny is Kira stealing the show. :]
Actually I didn't say this because I'm a Shinn hater (though you're right, I hate that bastard), but because I like Freedom. It's one of my favourite Gundams.

Quote:
Nope, just wanted to show two mechas clashing. And we all know what happenned in Destiny ultimately in the Freedom vs impulse thing
Impulse defeated Freedom in the end, but don't forget how Shinn achieved that.
Old 2009-02-26, 14:34   Link #863
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchZeroFTW View Post
I thought seed and seed destiny were crap, but destiny more so. We never even learned what the whole "seed" thing was supposed to mean. I'll take a stab at it: was the exploding seed meant to represent human destruction of nature, or maybe nature fighting back with exploding seeds? I mean what are we supposed to assume! And Kira survived the blast because "he has the seed" dum dum dum. WTF? I hate "seed" with a passion, they have desecrated the name of Gundam. So far (crosses fingers for the ending) Gundam 00 is managing to claw back some respectability for the franchise.
LULz at another SEED hater. Well, your happy hour has come. They are making a new UC show.

@elindir - Well, he basically made some research with a great help of Rey. Still, he pulled out the plan decently despite being less experienced and skilled than Kira. He was the only character in Destiny to ever destroy Kira's suit and survive it. No other person in CE managed to do that except Athrun in season one when he self-destructed Aegis.
Old 2009-02-26, 14:41   Link #864
justavisitor

GS is good lol, if GS is not good enough, then how can we have that disastrous sequel XD

Well GS also has some reused scene (between 35 to 45??) but it's very minimal compared to Destiny..the battle royal between 3 sides at the end was awesome
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 14:52   Link #865
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
@elindir - Well, he basically made some research with a great help of Rey. Still, he pulled out the plan decently despite being less experienced and skilled than Kira.
I think experience part here is debatable. Forget about the real-life experience. Someone who works out thousands of simulations of the real-scenario to cover almost every possibility cannot be considered as a less experienced pilot. Kira was doing those on the run, but Shinn used those scenarios to help reach his goal. Could anyone else have achieved the same results with the same suit? I think, that is a possibility. Which may be enough to show not to pay too much attention to such results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchZeroFTW View Post
So far (crosses fingers for the ending) Gundam 00 is managing to claw back some respectability for the franchise.
They are different type of shows, different types of settings. To me, Seed feels more like watching an anime, and 00 feels more like reading a manga. I don't need to ignore one for the other, as I can enjoy both at the same time. But, not under the title of Gundam.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 14:57   Link #866
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I think experience part here is debatable. Forget about the real-life experience. Someone who works out thousands of simulations of the real-scenario to cover almost every possibility cannot be considered as a less experienced pilot. Kira was doing those on the run, but Shinn used those scenarios to help reach his goal. Could anyone else have achieved the same results with the same suit? I think, that is a possibility. Which may be enough to show not to pay too much attention to such results.
but yet they also found kira yamato's kryptonite that he don't kill people yeah he don't aim for the piolt seat.

but in the end fanpower bring him back with s-freedom with him & lacus on the spinning ribbon.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 15:04   Link #867
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

^but he killed steller
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 15:06   Link #868
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
^but he killed steller
but he did not know the area had stellar inside it?

really besides the only other was rau byt leave the sword next to him to have rau being "genesis".
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2009-02-26, 15:12   Link #869
LelouchZeroFTW

I just think 100 episodes for the Seed series was too much. It was just a stream of dragged out stories and recycled scenes. 50 would have been enough to tell both stories, crap as they were.

>Well, your happy hour has come
Yeah talk about it! I expect quality though, so if this is a Seedized piece of crap, I will call BS on it!
LelouchZeroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 15:18   Link #870
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hoi GS is not done there still GSM.

besides really unless you watch again & again like i've well then ya understand gsd & plus combine final phase gsd 50 with final & se 4 of gsd then you get full ed.
Old 2009-02-26, 15:55   Link #871
kakakka

I just watched the Seed-Destiny Compilation Movie.

It's not that bad. But the fact that Lacus and co. went and considered Durandal "evil" at the end just before he even do anything is kind of....awkward.

Last edited by kakakka; 2009-02-26 at 16:05.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 16:08   Link #872
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I just watched the Seed-Destiny Compilation Movie.

It's not that bad. But the fact that Lacus and co. went and considered Durandal "evil" at the end just before he even do anything is kind of....awkward.
Well, when someone sends Zaft MSes to assassinate you, you will hate that guy to the guts, regardless of his actions towards others XD

Kira: Well I have no choice but to hate Durandal, he tried to kill my gf after all

(I acknowledge that ppl still have doubt that Durandal is behind this, but once the seed of mistrust has planted, it's not that awkward that Kira and co don't trust him at all)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-02-26, 16:11   Link #873
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well, when someone sends Zaft MSes to assassinate you, you will hate that guy to the guts, regardless of his actions towards others XD

Kira: Well I have no choice but to hate Durandal, he tried to kill my gf after all

(I acknowledge that ppl still have doubt that Durandal is behind this, but once the seed of mistrust has planted, it's not that awkward that Kira and co don't trust him at all)
& yet another missing for the GS series that maybe a prequal series/ova/movie to know about GS past would help?
Old 2009-02-26, 16:16   Link #874
kakakka

No I mean, with Destiny plan.... Like it would plant seeds of hatred all over again. Meh, maybe its either that it's not really explained in the movie or I just missed it
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 16:18   Link #875
Garrod Ran
Blazing mobile suit pilot

Gundam seed's been done to death with side stories manga and ova , let it rest ¬ ¬
fact is kira and lacus jumped to a conclusion ( the right one as it happens , but still highly circumstantial evidence)
in the end it all still boils down to durandal being wrong simply because that idiot lacus says so
retarded reasoning , but the most simple.
she didnt agree with the destiny plan so she decided it needed blowing up all in the name of ' justice'
who was she to decide the fate of the world ? it makes her just as bad as durandal.
Garrod Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 16:19   Link #876
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

or you can younger generation kira lacus vs older generation aka gil?
Old 2009-02-26, 16:23   Link #877
Garrod Ran

um , still makes no difference , lacus and kira deciding whats best for the world is no different than durandal or even Djibril .
it all boils down to ' this is what i think , im going to make it happen by force'
Old 2009-02-26, 16:30   Link #878
justavisitor

Actually the Destiny plan can be really evil...something like Minority Report (I didn't see the movie lol, just heard about it, so please point out any mistake if I use the reference wrong)

If your genes indicate that you will be good for nothing, then you don't have the right to be born?
Or if your genes indicate that you will be a better politician than Durandal, chances are he will eliminate you before you have the chance to enter into politic world...
Or if your genes indicate that you will be a perfect killing machine than you will be forced to become an enhance solider (like stella)

I mean, director staffs can easily give out many reasons to say Destiny plan is wrong, but due to many clip shows, they don't have time to show it, so we have the feeling like Lacus and co jumped to the "right" conclusion without any evidence
Old 2009-02-26, 16:35   Link #879
Garrod Ran

yes the destiny plan was messed up , but that still doesn't change anything .
what im getting at is its still no different from Djibril killing all coordinators , or clyne faction enforcing their particular version of peace by using outlawed weaponry.
at BEST its the lesser of three evils , still doesn't mean its their place to decide for the entire human race.
Old 2009-02-26, 17:09   Link #880
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrod Ran View Post
um , still makes no difference , lacus and kira deciding whats best for the world is no different than durandal or even Djibril .
it all boils down to ' this is what i think , im going to make it happen by force'
you dont have to dumb it down further, the smart people get what you are saying.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote