AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2008-08-21, 23:07   Link #1
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

vBulletin notifications bug

I'm referring to the "Your Notifications" widget that appears under my username in the top-right corner of the forum. I have one notification of an unread profile visitor message, but the notification doesn't go away even though I've already clicked on the latest message and refreshed the page several times.

Is there anyway to fix this?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 04:01   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

You are not the first to be affected. I'm not sure why it happens and although I've seen a few posts about it on the vBulletin forum none of them have been very conclusive or helpful. One reply suggested it fixes itself eventually, other say it can be fixed by posting a new visitor message. Not sure either solution actually works.

I can and have fixed it manually however. If someone else notices similar problems with their notifications, they can try posting a new visitor message to see if it fixes it, if not they can send me a message and I'll do it manually.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 07:47   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
I had That Problem too...But It was Fixed yesterday ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
I can and have fixed it manually however. If someone else notices similar problems with their notifications, they can try posting a new visitor message to see if it fixes it, if not they can send me a message and I'll do it manually.
and After ^ Doing That ..It was Fixed
Old 2008-08-30, 12:40   Link #4
Ring

I had this problem yesterday. Posting a visitor message on my profile or someone else's doesn't seem to make it go away.

I think this occurred because I was editing my post and noticed after editing, there was a new reply. However, I didn't receive a notification of a new visitor message while viewing this new reply. When I went to a different page, then I got a notification. Now it's stuck.
Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 16:42   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring View Post
I had this problem yesterday. Posting a visitor message on my profile or someone else's doesn't seem to make it go away.
Do That and Delete your Message ...I have The Same Problem and It Fixed
Old 2009-02-28, 15:58   Link #6
Matt122005

Forum PM Bug (Needs Fixing)

I am experiencing a bug on the forum. I recieved a PM, and I read it, but when I go to the index page, i get the popup telling me I have a new PM. When I go, I see that its simply the same read PM. And no matter how many times you read it, the index still tells me its new. But if I go to any other page on AnimeSuki forums, it doesn't tell me I have any new PM's. But if I got back to the Index, it does.

So yea, this is a bug that needs fixing. ^_^

-Matt

PS. I realize now, it only has the bug if you click the banner to go to the index.

PSS. Ah, I get it now. The bug is that, whenever you click the banner link to the index page, it continually takes you to a version of the index that never changes. So yea, this has to be fixed ASAP.

Last edited by Matt122005; 2009-02-28 at 16:11.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 16:21   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Are you sure it's not the case of your browser using a cached page of the forum. Try hitting the "refresh" button on your browser to see if it clears the problem.

If not, it sounds like a similar problem mentioned above, in which case it's an issue with vBulletin.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 16:29   Link #8
Matt122005

It doesnt get fixed.

-Matt
Old 2009-02-28, 20:39   Link #9
Matt122005

Ok, it fixed itself now. ^_^

-Matt