AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-02, 04:31   Link #1
Naru Narusegawa

Please help me correct this error =(

ive used Bitorent client for a long time adn after getting this error ive tried 4 differnt clients but not worked, ive tryed uninstalling and re-installing still no good, every anime i try to download i get this error can anyone help me?

"Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10057 , Socket is not connected)>
Naru Narusegawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 20:53   Link #2
Naru Narusegawa

come on guys, there must be atleast one person who can answer this if i cant figure this out i can no longer download anime of BT
Old 2004-06-02, 23:52   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm afraid that I can't think of any reason to get that error for everything you try to download. I've only see that error appear when a tracker is down. Perhaps you could try telling us several of the torrents you cannot download? Perhaps they have something in common and we can start to figure it out from that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 23:57   Link #4
aliensquare

well if nothing works out for you
the alternative method is to format your harddrive ^_________^
aliensquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 01:43   Link #5
Naru Narusegawa

exapmples of some of the anime's ive tried to download are Mermaid melody PPP 23 from Shoujo anime and Aishiteruze Baby 8 from Lunar.

it is saying socket is not connected so im assuming something became unconnected that was connected before,

as to reforming my harddrive i cant do that option as a format deletes windows and i no longer have my windows cd to reinstall
Old 2004-06-03, 04:37   Link #6
Yoda117
Galley Slave

Send a message via ICQ to Yoda117 Send a message via AIM to Yoda117 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoda117
That's a new one... you are using the latest version of the BT client that your are using correct? I've seen it happen with older versions when used on certain servers.

If not then the problem *might* be on their end (though if you are trying to go through a bunch of different servers for various downloads that is rather far fetched).

If nothing else, please let the rest of us know what the problem is when you finally find out, would you? I am sure that a bunch of people on here would be more than interested to know what the problem actually was.
Yoda117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 04:57   Link #7
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

MMMPPP is on jamuraa's site and Lunar is on scarywater. Those trackers shouldn't be down at the same time, but they are both using port 443.

Just to troubleshoot this problem, try downloading Kikou_Sennyo_Rouran_-_01 by SC since it uses port 440. Click the link I provided. You don't have to download the whole episode. We only need to see if it gets the error message.

After that, try downloading Pretty Cure - 01 by BF since that uses port 6969.

If either or none of these work, it teaches us something about your problem.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-03, 07:46   Link #8
Naru Narusegawa

aye, i am using the latest BitTornado client,

Both of thos links u listed NoSanninWa, work perfectly, no trouble whatsoever to download them
Old 2004-06-03, 16:44   Link #9
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That means your problem is likely with your firewall or router. Try to open port 443.

Your problem is probably related to Bye bye Animesuki which resulted from Problems with Scarywater, AnimeSuki, Ani-Kraze torrents, so read them both. Particularly the last half of the second one. Essentially, that problem comes from the fact that some firewalls restrict usage of port 443 to web browsing only, since it is supposed to be used for http protocol.

I'm afraid that I don't know much about firewalls or routers other than my own, but there are several helpful threads you might be able to find in this sub-forum besides the two I mentioned. Maybe some helpful soul will even chime in here now that they know the problem. You can also check out Fixing Firewalls at degreez.net because they give a lot of help for different firewalls and routers in that forum.

If you don't know what a router is, then you probably don't have one. It's a piece of hardware used for networking, though if you have access to the internet through your University then you are using the University router whether you like it or not.

If you find your answer, please tell us what it is.

Old 2004-06-03, 21:29   Link #10
Naru Narusegawa

Thanks for all your help thus far, to your other questions i have no router or firewall and it is my own home personal computer, i take it i had this port 443 open in the past because ive always downloaded anime's from serves i now have trouble with so if you or anyone might enlighten me on how to reopen port 443, i would do it and be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Last edited by Naru Narusegawa; 2004-06-03 at 22:37.
Old 2004-06-04, 01:24   Link #11
Naru Narusegawa

WOOT !!! =)
Good news , my Norton antivirus has been giving me trouble on and off latly, a seperate problem so I thought, so I deleted after hours of re-configuring my pc and getting a new internet security software, my bt client now works as good as new, so it was Norton Internet security all along that was messing up my BT client.

Thanks to all who helped me with this week long problem
Old 2004-06-04, 01:46   Link #12
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Just for the record, Norton Internet Security is a firewall as well as a virus scanner. I'm glad that you accidently fixed your problem. Somehow a good 10% of all my computer problems get fixed accidently also.