AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-26, 19:17   Link #21
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Agreed. I want there to be a new female crew member that is comparable to the monster trio (Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji) or at least able to keep up with the middle tier (Franky, Brooke, and Robin).
Hey what about Nami? Isn't she middle tier? I don't want a repeat of discussing how weak Nami is. And if that's the reason she was leaving the crew (temporaraly) in movie 10, then there's one thing I'll be saying:

< HULK SMASH KINJISHI!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 22:10   Link #22
Boduar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Jose
Age: 26
Chopper is also stronger than Robin or Nami especially when he goes over his limit although thats kinda a double edged sword.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 22:49   Link #23
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
No i wouldn't go that far, Robin is definetly middle tear, probably the upper eschelon of the top tier were as chopper is above franky. But clearly the hero of one piece is Usopp cuz we know hes really the main hero
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 23:52   Link #24
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
No i wouldn't go that far, Robin is definitely middle tier, probably the upper eschelon of the top tier were as chopper is above franky. But clearly the hero of one piece is Usopp cuz we know hes really the main hero
The problem with your theory is that Usopp was never the main character to start out with at the very beginning of One Piece. You should really remember who the main character is and not assume otherwise pal.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 00:04   Link #25
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
The problem with your theory is that Usopp was never the main character to start out with at the very beginning of One Piece. You should really remember who the main character is and not assume otherwise pal.
yea he made a mistake alot of others do, its not Usopp thats the main character, its SOGEKING!!!

I can't wait for the legend to appear again!!!

p.s SOGEKING has got the best theme ever! fact!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 00:36   Link #26
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
The problem with your theory is that Usopp was never the main character to start out with at the very beginning of One Piece. You should really remember who the main character is and not assume otherwise pal.
When you look at how One Piece started in it's earliest forms. You see that originally the story seemed to be more about Luffy and Nami, though we never saw these ideas past a one shot chapter. The character wasn't Nami by name, but her appearance was very much that of Nami. If you look at the first volume there is that intro picture of the first chapter, Romance Dawn. That two page image had Luffy, Nami, and Shanks' priate crew. No sign of Zoro or other crew members. She doesn't even appear in the manga until a few more chapters.

I think Usopp plays a good role to the story. It would be kind of boring if all the crew were brave warriors. It always loved his very twisted style of fighting. It's this odd mixture of bravery, fear, and lying. None more present then in his battles with Mr. 4 and Perona. He us the laughable set up of a 5 ton hammer, that was really two frying pans. Then on Perona he had the inflatable 10 ton hammer. there was some serious irony in Usopp using fear to defeat Perona, the ghost girl. It's hilarious!
The most calm and composed character out of the whole crew is Robin, hands down. Even thought Franky is older then her she is always calm and mature. She's almost the mother figure. I've heard stuff describing Franky like a father to the crew, but I don't see it. He's just as wacky and odd as any of the guys.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 00:55   Link #27
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
clearly my /sarcasm was lost, oh how I hate the internet, thats why I chose a ridiculously weak character of the mugiwara band. Usuopp is fun, hes comic relief but at times hes pretty awesome, especially when he transformmed to soge king. His attacks are deceptively weak but he has always been the dead weight, and this is specified by the fact that he has no real goals like luffy and the others do. I'll leave the sarcasm for 3d onry can't blame me for trying
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 01:17   Link #28
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
clearly my /sarcasm was lost, oh how I hate the internet, thats why I chose a ridiculously weak character of the mugiwara band. Usuopp is fun, hes comic relief but at times hes pretty awesome, especially when he transformmed to soge king. His attacks are deceptively weak but he has always been the dead weight, and this is specified by the fact that he has no real goals like luffy and the others do. I'll leave the sarcasm for 3d onry can't blame me for trying
Sarcasm just doesn't translate via text. If you are going to do sarcasm. It would be best to point it out clearly. Like, write your comments and then add, "(sarcasm)" or "(j/k)", for just kidding.

That's not fair. Usopp does have a goal. He wants to become a brave warrior of the sea.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 01:35   Link #29
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
typing sarcasm is like typing no pun intended, its not subtle, and its just heavy handed. I mean it was hyperbole at best, no one in their right mind would think usopp could be the lead, I mean just from his looks. Also his goal is never really reiterated, where as the others tend to remind themselves of the goals they have.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 02:19   Link #30
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
typing sarcasm is like typing no pun intended, its not subtle, and its just heavy handed. I mean it was hyperbole at best, no one in their right mind would think usopp could be the lead, I mean just from his looks. Also his goal is never really reiterated, where as the others tend to remind themselves of the goals they have.
I know it seems silly yo have to type "(sarcasm)", but sometimes being that blunt about it is the only way to avoid misunderstandings.

If repetition of stating one's goal is reason to say his goal isn't as well defined as the others.
When was the last time we have ever heard Sanji mention the All Blue? That was his big purpose for joining this crew. Isn't his dream to find the All Blue, the point at which all the seas meet, and build a restaurant there? It's that fact that makes me wonder about Sanji. What happens when he find that? His dream is the only one that is a specific location on a planet. You'd wonder how he could build a restaurant while he has a bounty on his head. The Marines would be on you, but his teacher had one too. Not to mention his wanted poster looks little like him.
When was the last time we saw Nami survey an island and draw a map, that wasn't in a filler episode?
Zoro gets closer to his dream with each battle so we always have more of a handle about him.
Robin wants to discover the truth about the lost century. From what we learned at Sky Island on the golden bell, Belfry, that most likely is on the last island in the Grand Line.
What is Chopper's goal? I don't think he's ever really stated it. He just seems to be there to be the much needed doctor and for the adventure of it all.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2009-02-27 at 02:30.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 21:29   Link #31
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I know it seems silly yo have to type "(sarcasm)", but sometimes being that blunt about it is the only way to avoid misunderstandings.

If repetition of stating one's goal is reason to say his goal isn't as well defined as the others.
When was the last time we have ever heard Sanji mention the All Blue? That was his big purpose for joining this crew. Isn't his dream to find the All Blue, the point at which all the seas meet, and build a restaurant there? It's that fact that makes me wonder about Sanji. What happens when he find that? His dream is the only one that is a specific location on a planet. You'd wonder how he could build a restaurant while he has a bounty on his head. The Marines would be on you, but his teacher had one too. Not to mention his wanted poster looks little like him.
When was the last time we saw Nami survey an island and draw a map, that wasn't in a filler episode?
Zoro gets closer to his dream with each battle so we always have more of a handle about him.
Robin wants to discover the truth about the lost century. From what we learned at Sky Island on the golden bell, Belfry, that most likely is on the last island in the Grand Line.
What is Chopper's goal? I don't think he's ever really stated it. He just seems to be there to be the much needed doctor and for the adventure of it all.
True, nobody except Luffy and Usopp reapets his dream, but they're both captains (sarcasm) :P
I think that Chopper just wanted friends (in OP nakama) and adventure as a pirate as his dad used to

As for father figure that'd be Brooke now he's a gentelman after all (sarcasm) - but really I bet he was, but after almost 50 years of living alone he's got some bad habbits. like Robin after 20 years of not trusting anybody and such, has problem with showing her emotions. Franky was hit in the head with a train so he can't be allright XD
All strawhats were traumatized in their youth, and like all screwed up children they have unreachable dreams, but not a normal family, but world domination and such XD
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 00:40   Link #32
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
No worries Nosauz, I got your joke all was not lost!


anywho, I just spied the raw for 391, and the previewfor 392 showed something totally awesome! You can guess already what it is but damn I really really can't wait now!!!!!!!!!

first theres no OP chapter this week and now I gotta wait for my most anticpated ep of OP yet!!!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 20:53   Link #33
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
No worries Nosauz, I got your joke all was not lost!


anywho, I just spied the raw for 391, and the previewfor 392 showed something totally awesome! You can guess already what it is but damn I really really can't wait now!!!!!!!!!

first theres no OP chapter this week and now I gotta wait for my most anticpated ep of OP yet!!!
I just got the chance to watch the RAW of 391. It's an alright episode. The next episode looks pretty wild with all the new characters that will be introduced.

By, "the previewfor 392 showed something totally awesome!" do you mean that crotch shot of Bonny?
I do wonder if she's named after the famous female pirate, Ann Bonny. Probably since Oda also has famous priates in the series like White Beard and Black Beard.
Though in real life I don't believe Ann Bonny was ever a captain. She was teamed up with the pirate Calico Jack. Mary Read, who was a captain of her own ship for a while, later joined Calico Jack and Ann Bonny.

I'm more looking forward to the moment Luffy strikes that brat.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2009-03-01 at 21:38.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 22:28   Link #34
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I just got the chance to watch the RAW of 391. It's an alright episode. The next episode looks pretty wild with all the new characters that will be introduced.

By, "the previewfor 392 showed something totally awesome!" do you mean that crotch shot of Bonny?
I do wonder if she's named after the famous female pirate, Ann Bonny. Probably since Oda also has famous priates in the series like White Beard and Black Beard.
Though in real life I don't believe Ann Bonny was ever a captain. She was teamed up with the pirate Calico Jack. Mary Read, who was a captain of her own ship for a while, later joined Calico Jack and Ann Bonny.

I'm more looking forward to the moment Luffy strikes that brat.
Not so much "Bonny's crotch" rather all the SUUUUUPPPPPERR Novas!

only other time I really wanted to see something animated was the"BIG EMPEROR" that was epic!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 22:31   Link #35
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I just got the chance to watch the RAW of 391. It's an alright episode. The next episode looks pretty wild with all the new characters that will be introduced.

By, "the previewfor 392 showed something totally awesome!" do you mean that crotch shot of Bonny?
I do wonder if she's named after the famous female pirate, Ann Bonny. Probably since Oda also has famous priates in the series like White Beard and Black Beard.
Though in real life I don't believe Ann Bonny was ever a captain. She was teamed up with the pirate Calico Jack. Mary Read, who was a captain of her own ship for a while, later joined Calico Jack and Ann Bonny.
She is as a matter of fact. Of course we'll have to see if Oda can make a character based on this Mary Read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I'm more looking forward to the moment Luffy strikes that brat.
Spoiler for future hopes:
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 07:06   Link #36
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not so much "Bonny's crotch" rather all the SUUUUUPPPPPERR Novas!

only other time I really wanted to see something animated was the"BIG EMPEROR" that was epic!
The Big Emperor part was hilarious to see animated. If just for Robin's reaction to it. Just her 'matter of fact' reply has me cracking up. Even Oz's utter disappointment that she wasn't going to do it.
I did see that in one of the latest One Piece Wii games they actually do Big Emperor and complete it with Luffy. Check the site GameTrailer.com. I think I saw it in one of the trailers there, or on a clip from youtube.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
She is as a matter of fact. Of course we'll have to see if Oda can make a character based on this Mary Read.

Spoiler for future hopes:
I'm not so sure they will do Mary Read. I doubt he's going for history. I saw Oda keeps Black Beard's real name, but in real life Bonny's full name was Ann Bonny. Not Jewelry Bonny.
Mary Read was a captain for a while. She started out by disguising herself as a man, but eventually the truth came out to her crew. Mary reads ship was attacked by Calico Jack and he offered the survivors to join his crew. Funny enough. When Mary Read joined Calico Jack's pirate crew she was still disguised as a man. Ann Bonny found out later, then Calico Jack was getting curious why they were together so much. He thought Ann was cheating on him.
When Ann Bonny first joined with Calico Jack she also dressed up like a man. Until she came out to the rest of the crew.

When I read that both of these crews were fooled into thinking Mary Read and Ann bonny were men at one point. It always made me wonder what they looked like if they could pull that off for so long.

Spoiler for Bonny info:
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2009-03-03 at 18:37.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 10:49   Link #37
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Anybody know why luffy is wearing blue instead red? it just looks off.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 10:58   Link #38
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Anybody know why luffy is wearing blue instead red? it just looks off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That is his colour scheme in the saboady archipelago arc. Don't you ever take a look at the volume covers for One Piece? It was in Volume 51 where this colour was revealed.
Here is your answer ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 11:21   Link #39
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Anybody know why luffy is wearing blue instead red? it just looks off.
well you shouldn't really be surprised at the change, he wore black ones during Enies Lobby.
Think someone mentioned that its in scheme with the SH respective colours, just gotta wonder if he would wear pink ones or green for that matter

@FoxxFireArt: You may want to spolier tag the stuff about Bonny, altho I'm guessing most, if not all of us that are in here have read the manga and would know of all this.
But for arguements sake better safe than sorry
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 12:03   Link #40
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I'm not so sure they will do Mary Read. I doubt he's going for history. I saw Oda keeps Black Beard's real name, but in real life Bonny's full name was Ann Bonny. Not Jewelry Bonny.
Spoiler for tidbits:


Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Mary Read was a captain for a while. She started out by disguising herself as a man, but eventually the truth came out to her crew. Mary reads ship was attacked by Calico Jack and he offered the survivors to join his crew. Funny enough. When Mary Read joined Calico Jack's pirate crew she was still disguised as a man. Ann Bonny found out later, then Calico Jack was getting curious why they were together so much. He thought Ann was cheating on him.
When Ann Bonny first joined with Calico Jack she also dressed up like a man. Until she came out to the rest of the crew.

When I read that both of these crews were fooled into thinking Mary Read and Ann bonny were men at one point. It always made me wonder what they looked like if they could pull that off for so long.
Spoiler for inspiration:


Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
That's kind of why I really like how wild and crude acting Jewelry Bonny behaves. Even her makeup is rather awkward. Looks like someone who only has the vaguest idea of how it's done.
I also wonder how old she is. Zoro seemed to think she was just some brat. She appears to be able to manipulate ages thanks to her devil fruit.
Spoiler for good question:
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.