AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-25, 12:57   Link #1041
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SLB, Slovenia
Age: 30
hmm i do wonder who taught Luxus then, if he managed to keep this a secret from Makarov.
__________________
"I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 15:38   Link #1042
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Apparently Makarov had a fight with his son and he took off with his wife but they got separated and she died on birth so the boy was left in the care of a dragon.Then Luxus underwent the magical time-skipping DS training and Makarov found him many years later when he was older...that's all I can come up with really.
Quote:
Doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that Gazille, the Steel Dragon, was sent undercover to infiltrate FairyTail by the rival clan? That feels just so obvious and generic.
We still don't know who's the one ordering Gazille, it could be someone of the other guildmasters or one of Zelef's minions, and then there's Jubia who came with him in the guild-worst case scenario they fight each other, me thinks.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 15:47   Link #1043
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Apparently Makarov had a fight with his son and he took off with his wife but they got separated and she died on birth so the boy was left in the care of a dragon.Then Luxus underwent the magical time-skipping DS training and Makarov found him many years later when he was older...that's all I can come up with really.
Makarov had a fight with his son, then he left and lost his wife and son, then came back to his father, then fought again, then gone for good?

Also, it seems that Natsu remembers quite well the time he was with Igneel. If it's a time skip training, he should't have been so confused when he got stuck in Fried magic?

Again, this is another "not-work-so-well" prediction. But look at what happened with the triple dragon slayers this chapter...

Quote:
We still don't know who's the one ordering Gazille, it could be someone of the other guildmasters or one of Zelef's minions, and then there's Jubia who came with him in the guild-worst case scenario they fight each other, me thinks
I think he talked with the Phantom guild master before?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 16:15   Link #1044
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
it is a good time for Wendy to make her entrance and begin the next arc with the dragon slayers.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 16:36   Link #1045
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
I think he talked with the Phantom guild master before?
He was talking to something resembling a flying cookie with a paper, called master Ivan, while Phantom Lord's leader was Jose Pola.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 17:25   Link #1046
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Really? I always had the impression that the one he talked to was the phantom guild master. So it wasn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it is a good time for Wendy to make her entrance and begin the next arc with the dragon slayers.
Now, if Mashima put a "twist" here, and Wendy appeared to be a man. I would drop Fairy Tail

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-02-26 at 20:47.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 19:22   Link #1047
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
hmm i do wonder who taught Luxus then, if he managed to keep this a secret from Makarov.
Y'know i was gonna say that he didn't hide it and that his Grandpa didn't want him talking about it... but i just read another scanlation of the chapter which suggests that he did somehow learn to use dragon slayer magic without the knowldeg of his grandpa... though grant it it is arguable... i mean he could STILL be saying that his Grandpa was told him to keep it a secret and calls him a pain in the ass for making him do so...

Though another picked up in the newer scanlation is that the spell Luxus is using actually at the end of the chapter IS "Fairy Law".... the spell that targets all of the casters enemies... frankly, i still got my money on the idea that it will not work; except maybe on Gazzille, but no one else... cause Natsu's judgement about him is correct in that as much as he shouts he does still care deep down...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 21:39   Link #1048
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Man, who did that first translation job - that was horrible...

So Luxus actually knows genuine (Thunder) Dragon Slayer... How in the world did he learn to separate his power like that...and knowing Fairy Law. Something tells me that the spell will backfire on him - Fairy Law seems way too complicated to be casted like Luxus did.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 12:29   Link #1049
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Translation and raw is out...

Spoiler for 125:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 16:32   Link #1050
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Mashima's a pretty straight forward guy so I doubt if his chapter titles were meant to hold us in suspense...heh:
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 16:38   Link #1051
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
I still like Fairy Tail over many other manga...(and if you see the state the famous ones are in right now you can't be too hard on poor Mashima, every Friday when I read bleach it kills the otaku in me, a little bit at a time:P). Can anyone roughly guess when FT's gonna turn to the anime side?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 16:48   Link #1052
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
No word on it - Rave Master didn't do so hot in the anime department so it's up in the air as to if Mashima wants to put this on the chopping block.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 17:03   Link #1053
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
well as much as I liked RM, I love FT moar!

If I had to pick between the 2 it would have to go to FT!

I love Erza-chan and Mira-chwan too much!!!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 17:13   Link #1054
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
No word on it - Rave Master didn't do so hot in the anime department so it's up in the air as to if Mashima wants to put this on the chopping block.
the rave master anime was completely butcher.

it would done much better if they had follow the manga.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 17:26   Link #1055
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the rave master anime was completely butcher.

it would done much better if they had follow the manga.
I think that this applies to almost all the recent anime we've seen over the past three years...
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 18:47   Link #1056
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I still like Fairy Tail over many other manga...(and if you see the state the famous ones are in right now you can't be too hard on poor Mashima, every Friday when I read bleach it kills the otaku in me, a little bit at a time:P). Can anyone roughly guess when FT's gonna turn to the anime side?
from what i recall hearing about when some manga got adapted into anime... i think we might have to wait atleast another year before an anime starts up... no idea how long fairy tail is gonna be, but the more time their is between the manga and the anime the better... otherwise you end up with filler arcs, and those can be painful

As for the question of "if" FT will be turned into an anime... i think so... i mean it does seem fairly popular, if it's more popular than Rave Master was when it was still a manga, then i think it's pretty likely that someone will want to go an turn it into an anime
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 20:42   Link #1057
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
from what i recall hearing about when some manga got adapted into anime... i think we might have to wait atleast another year before an anime starts up... no idea how long fairy tail is gonna be, but the more time their is between the manga and the anime the better... otherwise you end up with filler arcs, and those can be painful
It is true that anime filler arcs can be painful, but truthfully the series can work with fillers since many of the members of FT are on missions both on- and off-screen, allowing extra material to fit in whenever they want.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 22:34   Link #1058
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
It is true that anime filler arcs can be painful, but truthfully the series can work with fillers since many of the members of FT are on missions both on- and off-screen, allowing extra material to fit in whenever they want.
true, personally i wouldn't mind some well thought out fillers... as i've mentioned in the past, i think one of my beefs with the writing in Fairy Tail is that it doesn't take enough time to develop it's secondary characters... Loki should have gotten A LOT more focus before the whole stellar spirit thing... Elfman and Mira could have both used a good amount more screen time aswell... Characters liek Levi, jet, and Droy should have gotten just a bit more screen time so that we would feel more emotional after they get beaten down by Phantom... and so forth... A few well thought out fillers could help give the secondary characters the development that they do not get enough of in the manga; that's filler material that i would love to see added

Frankly though, i think the fillers would likely just keep spamming Natsu and Lucy, with the possible addition of Grey and/or Ezra, and just leave the secondary characters in the dust... you have the room to make filler material, but nothing meaningful is done with it... few if any have done consistently good work with fillers
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 22:34   Link #1059
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Considering the usual quality of filler script-writers + budget? I wouldn't waste the money.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 03:18   Link #1060
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
true, personally i wouldn't mind some well thought out fillers... as i've mentioned in the past, i think one of my beefs with the writing in Fairy Tail is that it doesn't take enough time to develop it's secondary characters... Loki should have gotten A LOT more focus before the whole stellar spirit thing... Elfman and Mira could have both used a good amount more screen time aswell... Characters liek Levi, jet, and Droy should have gotten just a bit more screen time so that we would feel more emotional after they get beaten down by Phantom... and so forth... A few well thought out fillers could help give the secondary characters the development that they do not get enough of in the manga; that's filler material that i would love to see added

Frankly though, i think the fillers would likely just keep spamming Natsu and Lucy, with the possible addition of Grey and/or Ezra, and just leave the secondary characters in the dust... you have the room to make filler material, but nothing meaningful is done with it... few if any have done consistently good work with fillers
Yes,well, I was kinda banking on filler with aaaaall the members who got one or no fights in the manga, it would be like filling the missing parts of the story
Rave master was animated in 2001, I can't get myself to watch it no matter what,so was hoping that maybe when fairy tail gets 300 chapters or so, someone would have the idea of animating it (Natsu could have Luffy's seiyu,Lucy could get Nami's and Grey could get Zoro's, they kinda fit in the roles too xD).

What I think of as FT's greatest disadvantage is the fact that many characters that had never been seen before are introduced in a major arc, given lesser roles, like in the Luxus arc-half of the members who fought each other, if not for the intro cards you'd be "wtf!" all over the place-this also includes the shadow gear team,supposedly the best team in fairy tail, who should have been introduced in some dangerous mission coming to rescue Natsu's team who could have failed their task.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.