AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-03, 16:08   Link #21
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
This is clearly shown in Vol. 8 "Itoshiki Saigetsu (kouhen)" that Sei gives her rosario to Shimako - but instead of over the head, she wraps it around her wrist

Then, in Vol. 10 "Rainy Blue," Shimako gives that rosario to Noriko - once again around her wrist.
This is just like Sei.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
(I have an idea : if the red rose family have too much candidates, why not lend up one of them to the white rose ? ^^)
I never had an impression that the white rose family lack of petite soeur candidates. I think they, including Seiís onee-sama, Sei, and Shimako, have been very selective. Seiís one-sama is obviously very good at judging peopleís character. Her making Seiís as petite soeur may see as random (she just chose Sei because of her face), but we all know thatís what she did to get Sei to accept her Rosario. She understands Seiís personality very well. Same goes to Sei. She would have chosen Shiori as her petite soeur if under different circumstances. As a matter of fact, Shiori is practically Seiís ďunofficialĒ petite soeur during her second year. After Shiori, she thought she could never found anyone else as petite soeur. I am sure there must be a lot of girls who want to become Rosa Gigatea en bouton. But she found Shimako, who suits Sei very well, in her last year at Lilian. I havenít seen how Noriko is choosen; I reseve my opnion on this one. But I think itís safe to assume that Shimako is just as selective as her one-sama, especially if she has some ďsecret.Ē
Old 2004-06-04, 00:48   Link #22
atua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
This is clearly shown in Vol. 8 "Itoshiki Saigetsu (kouhen)" that Sei gives her rosario to Shimako - but instead of over the head, she wraps it around her wrist

Then, in Vol. 10 "Rainy Blue," Shimako gives that rosario to Noriko - once again around her wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
This is just like Sei.
Yes, I thought that was very Sei-like as well. Of all the soeur pairings in the Yamayurikai, the Sei/Shimako relationship is the only one that I see as a pairing between *peers*, despite the bigger age gap. Wrapping the rosario around her wrist hand-to-hand feels much more like an act of friendship, than a rosario ceremony where a sempai (from a higher position) presents the rosario to her kouhai.

Quote:
She would have chosen Shiori as her petite soeur if under different circumstances. As a matter of fact, Shiori is practically Sei's "unofficial" petite soeur during her second year.
I don't think Sei ever intended to make Shiori her soeur. She had plenty of opportunities to make Shiori her soeur if she wanted to. In fact, Youko even encouraged her to do so. The Sei/Shiori relationship, as Sei well knew, is very different from and falls well outside of the mentor/mentee relationship that being soeur implies.
Old 2004-06-04, 00:49   Link #23
lordwu

Quote:
I havenít seen how Noriko is choosen; I reseve my opnion on this one. But I think itís safe to assume that Shimako is just as selective as her one-sama, especially if she has some ďsecret.Ē
Basically if you look at white rose family, they are all loners in some sense. In the upcoming second season you will see how Noriko met Shimako and why they became so close together and also the story between Sei and Shimako. After that you can really see some common points in the white rose family members.
Old 2004-06-04, 00:57   Link #24
atua

Quote:
After that you can really see some common points in the white rose family members.
Well I think it's fairly clear even now, without having seen/read about Volume 8/9 (Graduation Part 2, Cherry Blossoms) but I look forward to seeing these story arcs. I also see Rosa Canina sharing some Rosa Gigantea family traits...

I really hope that they'll show how Sei/Shimako met in Season 2, even though I think it's technically a "sidestory".
Closed Thread