AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-04, 17:22   Link #21
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
Watching watching the trailer, the first thing I thought was that Uematsu Nobuo once again made a stunning OST. His Final Fantasy soundtracks are the best!!

Second thing is that Guin reminds me of Ose..

__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 05:23   Link #22
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Guin reminds of Tekken King too. However, one must remember that Guin was around since about 30 years. Therefore, King and Ose likely owed more to Guin. It's the same thing as Cloud and his Buster sword, Guts happened to be one of the oldest huge sword wielders in the book.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:43   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Wow! That's a lot of ink!
125 volumes JUST for the main story (and still ongoing)... that's not counting the gaiden (side stories) volumes.
There are 21 volumes of gaiden also, totalling 146 volumes of Guin Saga.

From a single novel author, I believe this is the longest largest novel series in existence... ever.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 14:44   Link #24
AHH
クレアクレアクレアクレア!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 22
Ose is actually a demon, so it's more likely that he came before Guin than the other way around.
AHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:16   Link #25
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHH View Post
Ose is actually a demon, so it's more likely that he came before Guin than the other way around.
Oh right, I forgot about that demonology book.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:46   Link #26
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Retracing my steps.....
I've only read up to the first 5 volumes but shit am I pumped about this. This is going to be a really good anime, but is it true that it's only planned for 25/26 episodes?

That would be really dumb. I mean it would be fine if they were just doing 25/26 at first just to test the waters on the popularity of the show but, I really hope they don't try and change the story so it fits into 26 episodes.

Just make your 20 something episodes and if it's not popular enough drop it, but don't kill the chance of a long running series by going the claymore route and making a cheesy anime only ending.

This show could be as long as Detective Conan if they wanted to make it so, that's how much material there is.
__________________
"Do what I do in every friendship and relationship, give 5%" - Ron Bennington
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 06:08   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Why would they have to resort to making a cheesy anime only ending, surely their should be more than adequate stopping points throughout the novels.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 14:20   Link #28
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Retracing my steps.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why would they have to resort to making a cheesy anime only ending, surely their should be more than adequate stopping points throughout the novels.
True enough. Then again the same could be said for claymore and berserk when they made those anime as well.

Someone had mentioned that it was scheduled as a 26 anime show, so I was just hoping that if that is true that it just means they only have 26 slotted for now and if the show is popular enough they can just keep on going.
__________________
"Do what I do in every friendship and relationship, give 5%" - Ron Bennington
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 14:43   Link #29
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Guin reminds of Tekken King too. However, one must remember that Guin was around since about 30 years. Therefore, King and Ose likely owed more to Guin. It's the same thing as Cloud and his Buster sword, Guts happened to be one of the oldest huge sword wielders in the book.
Not sure about Tekken King, but Ose definitely don't owe Guin anything. Ose has been around since at least a hundred years ago..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ose_(demon)

Perhaps, I may be wrong but isn't Ose one of the 72 Goetia summons?

Edit: My bad.. I didn't even realized that AHH had corrected you before. This also means that I was right about Ose's origin. Thanks AHH!
__________________

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-03-06 at 16:22. Reason: updated
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 15:31   Link #30
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Not sure about Tekken King, but Ose definitely don't owe Guin anything. Ose has been around since at least a hundred years ago..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ose_(demon)

Perhaps, I may be wrong but isn't Ose one of the 72 Goetia summons?
I know that. I was corrected by AHH.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 01:19   Link #31
Xanithor
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Well, just watched the trailer, which piqued my interest. Man with jaguar head punching people into trees hard enough to set the tree on fire is always fun to watch.
Xanithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 07:56   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanithor View Post
Man with jaguar head punching people into trees hard enough to set the tree on fire is always fun to watch.
Nicely said!
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 10:30   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
True enough. Then again the same could be said for claymore and berserk when they made those anime as well.

Someone had mentioned that it was scheduled as a 26 anime show, so I was just hoping that if that is true that it just means they only have 26 slotted for now and if the show is popular enough they can just keep on going.
Well Berserk mainly animated that flashback saga and gave us a taste of what was to come, as for Claymore they only really had one stopping point which was the graveyard scene, sadly Madhouse must've thought it inadequate

As for Guin saga who knows, I would like to think there is parts that end a given storyline that would be fitting for a finale. And at the same time clearly, clearly leave it open for a continuation.. maybe something like Seirei no Moribito.. but without having read the source material I really can't say.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 03:13   Link #34
M.Marangio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Tokyo Anime Fair 2009

Article about Guin Saga from the TAF 2009: http://en.gigazine.net/index.php?/ne...0318_guinsaga/
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:03   Link #35
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
They released the trailer for this in English so a license must be around the corner.

http://www.guinsaga.net/special/movie3.html
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:16   Link #36
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They released the trailer for this in English so a license must be around the corner.

http://www.guinsaga.net/special/movie3.html
And a nice dub trailer that was. Go Aniplex (Sony)!
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 07:52   Link #37
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They released the trailer for this in English so a license must be around the corner.

http://www.guinsaga.net/special/movie3.html
I think it means that they pulled a Haruhi, that the folks that expect a Japanese dub on the NHK BS2, are instead going to get the English dubbed version. ...Just as it says at the end of the clip. (Starting Sunday, April 5th at 23:29, On NHK BS2.)
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 09:04   Link #38
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
I think it means that they pulled a Haruhi, that the folks that expect a Japanese dub on the NHK BS2, are instead going to get the English dubbed version. ...Just as it says at the end of the clip. (Starting Sunday, April 5th at 23:29, On NHK BS2.)
That trailer was made using American actors from LA according to people who follow English language actors on ANN. Hopefully, that means someone has the R1 license.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:33   Link #39
Anonidas
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I'm going to watch this because it's made by Satelight, has a Nobue Uematsu soundtrack and Juushin Liger...I mean Guin!!!

Hope this won't turn out as bad as Tytania though.
Anonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 00:43   Link #40
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanithor View Post
Man with jaguar head punching people into trees hard enough to set the tree on fire is always fun to watch.
Stop reading my mind!


But yeah... that trailer pretty much sold the series to me.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, fantasy, satelight

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.