AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-05, 01:23   Link #1
susuwatari
/c|^_\\\

galaxy railways 16 full of blocks

hi

i downloaded galaxy railways 16 twice. it's always full of little blocks, particularly appearing on movements. it's the first time i see this. i don't know what to do and nobody else is talking about this so i wonder if maybe i'm missing some new codec or something...

i run xp with the latest ffdshow and i tried watching this on mplayer classic (plays but shows the ugly blocks) as well as bs player (which just freezes and refuses to play the video).

any suggestion?
thanks
Old 2004-06-05, 02:21   Link #2
meingts

If you're using ffdshow-20040520 I would try reverting to ffdshow-20040514 (from http://athos.leffe.dnsalias.com). This is based on personal experience only; I had problems with crashing and blocking for another file, and I found reverting fixed my problem. But try it anyway and see if it works.

By the way, please do not say that you run "the latest ffdshow." It may not mean what you think it means, as "latest" builds can change from one day to the next. On the other hand build dates are more precise and they don't change with time. =P
Old 2004-06-05, 09:16   Link #3
susuwatari
/c|^_\\\

thank you very much. your advice worked beautifully ^___^

as for correcting me about not naming the build i was using, you are right. when i visited the page you sent me to, i realized i was using ffdshow-20040520-p3 and that there was a ffdshow-20040520. i tried that one first and it does the job. i wonder what the difference is between the two.

thanks again for your help.
Old 2004-06-05, 18:22   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The difference is that the ffdshow-20040520-p3 build is optimized for the pentium3 processor.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread