AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 15 20.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 35.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-12, 21:38   Link #341
fatez
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: TX
1. Who started the argument about philosophy? Nina or Layfon?Does it matter? Layfon is the one with a questionable philosophy so why would he bring it up?

<< yes, it does. Because if Nina was the one who brought it up, it would show that she has problem with Layfon and that Layfon doesn't have a problem with her.

2. Who was the one that is not tolerant of others? Nina or Layfon?Would you be tolerant of someone who morals was completely contrary to most peoples?
Well, I do live in america, where lesbian, feminist, gays, reglious fanatics, KKK, NAMBLA, lives. So, yes, i'm very tolerant.

3. Has Layfon's action indicate that he will betray his comrade?His beliefs indicate he might possibly one day.
So, all KKK mebers, NAMBLA members, and etc, should be punished because of their beliefs? What, is this liek the situation with the Puritans. Being persecuted by your beliefs?

4. Did Nina already has bias view after hearing the story from the Gerona (sp)? Here is the transcript?So what your point? She did hear him out didn't she?
Well, if you look at the transcript where I highlighted, it clearly shows that she has already made up her mind, so anymore talk would've been useless.

Layfon: ... to live
Nina: ... to live
Layfon: To keep living in the orphanage, I needed money, no matter what. I did what I could for that.
Nina: While doing so, you tainted the Heavens Blade? Insulting Military Arts, and the one who tried to reveal it?
Layfon: Heavens Blade and military arts are the only things needed to live. I mastered military arts because I needed them to live. I tried to become strong in order to survive. That's it.
Nina: even so... You say you'll do anything to live?
Layfon: is that wrong? Is there anything you won't do to stay alive?
Nina: Layfon... I won't accept it. Not that way of thinking.
Layfon: I guess you won't. It's the same as my friends in the orphanage, except for one.

5. Would it have helped Layfon's cases if he try explain himself more after reading the transcript and the things i highlighted?So why didn't he?


<<Layfon: I guess you won't. It's the same as my friends in the orphanage, except for one.>>
Well, the last highlighted part, show why he think it was unncessary. It shows that he has met a lot of people like her, and failed to convince them in the past.

6. Does he owe Nina an explanation of his past?Why is his past coming up to her from others? He kept it hidden and now it came to bit him in back that's not Nina's fault.

Well, maybe because she never asked lol. Well, even further then that, nobody wants to talk about their painful past. Certainly, i don't imagine you or anyone, go around saying, hey i used to chop up a guys' arm, and try to kill him...

7. Did Nina gave him fair questioning?Define fair?

Did, she asked all the questions? Was she impartial? Did she have an agenda?

8. Should one be obligated to explain his painful past, if somebody wants to know.Not obligated but certainly once its revealed people have a right to judge you on it.

Nope, that is totally false. My past experience, if i don't want to share, it is my own damn problem. Like in America, we say, none of your God Damn Business. We American belief in privacy after all.

9. Lastly, if the situation would've been left alone, would their be problem within the group?How can we know? It's already a problem because you have random people who hate him from his past popping up and probably more later on.

So, you have the people squad hate you. But is that important? no, it should be the people within your squad. All indication shows that, Layfon squad, with the exception of Nina adores him. Other squads hate each other just on the mere fact that Layfon/Nina squad is stronger then them.

10. One more, would any group members, beside Nina, have a problem with it?Who cares? Nina doesn't form her opinions based on other people but on herself.

Sure it does. Most people are arguing that it would cost problem within the group. But it seems, only Nina is affected by it. So, there is even a less of a reason to make it into a problem, because there wasn't a problem to begin with.
So, Nina, is in fact hurting the group by causing a problem.
__________________
Every body is equal, but some or more equal than others.

Last edited by fatez; 2009-03-12 at 21:50.
fatez is offline  
Old 2009-03-12, 21:46   Link #342
fatez
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Well, Fatez brought up a good point. I mean Layfon and Nina is military afterall and Nina is the CO. If your CO don’t like you, most like you’ll get discharged. Heh. This is the concept of ‘fair’ in the military which apply to one of its the basic principles ‘follow your orders, soldier’. In Nina’s case, ‘follow my ideals’ ? lol.

Edit: now that I think of it, isn't that abusing her authority? Layfon is a good soldier afterall (well from performance point of view at least). But the final decision remains from the CO so....

That's precsiely my points. Regardless who is right or wrong, Layfon is destined to draw the short end of the stick. And if you follow my post, you know I don't think Layfon deserved to be kick out because he hasn't done anything wrong. That's what I say is "unfair." If both of them were on equal status, I got no problem.
__________________
Every body is equal, but some or more equal than others.
fatez is offline  
Old 2009-03-12, 21:58   Link #343
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Going to love watching Platoon 17 getting wiped out without Layfon. Would be fitting considering how retarded Nina is...
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-03-12, 21:58   Link #344
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatez View Post
<< yes, it does. Because if Nina was the one who brought it up, it would show that she has problem with Layfon and that Layfon doesn't have a problem with her.She of course brought it up because it her platoon that he's in. She has a right to wonder if his values will be a danger to her.

2. Who was the one that is not tolerant of others? Nina or Layfon?Would you be tolerant of someone who morals was completely contrary to most peoples?

Well, I do live in america, where lesbian, feminist, gays, reglious fanatics, KKK, NAMBLA, lives. So, yes, i'm very tolerant.I bet you'd still be in you'd have that KKK member guarding you back and you're were black right?

3. Has Layfon's action indicate that he will betray his comrade?His beliefs indicate he might possibly one day.

So, all KKK mebers, NAMBLA members, and etc, should be punished because of their beliefs? What, is this liek the situation with the Puritans. Being persecuted by your beliefs?Not punished but certainly you should decide if you want to be around a person like that. And in the military if you can trust a person like that.

4. Did Nina already has bias view after hearing the story from the Gerona (sp)? Here is the transcript?So what your point? She did hear him out didn't she?

Well, if you look at the transcript where I highlighted, it clearly shows that she has already made up her mind, so anymore talk would've been useless.I don't see that honestly. She certainly has her own views of right and wrong but so do all of us. She certainly heard him out.


5. Would it have helped Layfon's cases if he try explain himself more after reading the transcript and the things i highlighted?So why didn't he?

<<Layfon: I guess you won't. It's the same as my friends in the orphanage, except for one.>>
Well, the last highlighted part, show why he think it was unncessary. It shows that he has met a lot of people like her, and failed to convince them in the past.
So? You understand right? He knew people who think his way of thinking was messed up so he hid it. That doesn't make me want to trust him anymore.

6. Does he owe Nina an explanation of his past?Why is his past coming up to her from others? He kept it hidden and now it came to bit him in back that's not Nina's fault.

Well, maybe because she never asked lol. Well, even further then that, nobody wants to talk about their painful past. Certainly, i don't imagine you or anyone, go around saying, hey i used to chop up a guys' arm, and try to kill him... Yea that because if I did all those things I'd be ashamed. When people found out I'd expect them to judge me harshly too if I was the type of person to do those things.

7. Did Nina gave him fair questioning?Define fair?

Did, she asked all the questions? Was she impartial? Did she have an agenda?What other questions? He was too forthcoming with information. She seemed very impartial. She honestly considered it words and beliefs. Her agenda was the stability of her platoon. I don't think I'd be alright to ignore this conflict of beliefs till it bites you in the ass.

8. Should one be obligated to explain his painful past, if somebody wants to know.Not obligated but certainly once its revealed people have a right to judge you on it.

Nope, that is totally false. My past experience, if i don't want to share, it is my own damn problem. Like in America, we say, none of your God Damn Business. We American belief in privacy after all.Sadly when you own damn problem comes out into the open then it becomes everyone business. Nina wasn't the one that revealed his secrets but she certainly has a judge him on it.

9. Lastly, if the situation would've been left alone, would their be problem within the group?How can we know? It's already a problem because you have random people who hate him from his past popping up and probably more later on.

So, you have the people squad hate you. But is that important? no, it should be the people within your squad. All indication shows that, Layfon squad, with the exception of Nina adores him. Other squads hate each other just on the mere fact that Layfon/Nina squad is stronger then them.That really doesn't matter. I don't know how you can think it does. She's the leader she has the responsibility of deciding how things work. Felli is like him and hide things, Sharnid doesn't give a damn about much so what the difference? Who cares if they stronger? Does strength meaning everything? Would you throwing away your own ideals for strength?

10. One more, would any group members, beside Nina, have a problem with it?Who cares? Nina doesn't form her opinions based on other people but on herself.

Sure it does. Most people are arguing that it would cost problem within the group. But it seems, only Nina is affected by it. So, there is even a less of a reason to make it into a problem, because there wasn't a problem to begin with.
So, Nina, is in fact hurting the group by causing a problem.No, she trying to head off a problem before it escalates.
Alright I'm done for the night.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-03-12, 22:23   Link #345
fatez
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: TX
There is no more sense debating. I've made my points, and show why I think that Layfon is not at fault. But some people don't seem to think so. Which is okay. I'll let you guys decide for yourself who is right and wrong. But, I look forward for an epiphany from Nina, where she regret what she said.
__________________
Every body is equal, but some or more equal than others.
fatez is offline  
Old 2009-03-12, 22:26   Link #346
GreenLama
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
You guys want to stop and maybe carry this out through PM's before a moderator starts handing out warnings and locks the thread? it may be wise.

Anyhow, getting things back on track........

1. Who knows anything about the being the two guys were talking about in the alley in this ep?

2. What does everyone think of Savarice?
GreenLama is offline  
Old 2009-03-12, 22:34   Link #347
Archmagination2002
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
This thread sure has become a large argument about Nina and Layfon. I tend to side with Layfon for the most part and if Nina thinks that getting rid of Layfon would solve her problems then she should think again.

Nina is the one most likely to get kicked out of the platoon because the President has the ultimate authority on the platoons.. he knows that Layfon is needed by Zuelleni and that Nina isn't. Nina is not a skilled leader(she shows promise though) because she is really naive, headstrong and her ideals get in the way.. I really think she needed a lot more seasoning before she became a platoon leader.
Archmagination2002 is offline  
Old 2009-03-12, 23:37   Link #348
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, this debate is already annoying. I sided more with Layfon but I find he has faults and same thing with Nina. However, it seems like some shifts ALL the blame on the Layfon which is bad.

When you love something, even a square seems like a circle. When you hate something, even a circle seems like a square.

Quote:
Nina is the one most likely to get kicked out of the platoon because the President has the ultimate authority on the platoons.. he knows that Layfon is needed by Zuelleni and that Nina isn't. Nina is not a skilled leader(she shows promise though) because she is really naive, headstrong and her ideals get in the way.. I really think she needed a lot more seasoning before she became a platoon leader.
Quite unlikely since she's the captain. Of course, that's an abuse of authority. Actually, it seems like the principal did all of this on purpose. He purposely set up Gorneo and Layfon to be together so that the past is revealed to some of the others. He did say that you can't run away from the past and apparently is trying to force Layfon to face it. Well, that's just like the principal anyway.
__________________

Last edited by Enternal; 2009-03-13 at 00:02.
Enternal is offline  
Old 2009-03-12, 23:56   Link #349
Fevvers
a regular van veen
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatez View Post
There is no more sense debating. I've made my points, and show why I think that Layfon is not at fault. But some people don't seem to think so. Which is okay. I'll let you guys decide for yourself who is right and wrong. But, I look forward for an epiphany from Nina, where she regret what she said.
I actually believe that both of them would get some sort of epiphany from the current events and not just Nina. Layfon asking himself whether he was wrong or not was pretty telling, that is if the anime staff doesn't decide to just scrap that and go for the Layfon=gary stu route.
Fevvers is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 00:02   Link #350
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
I actually believe that both of them would get some sort of epiphany from the current events and not just Nina. Layfon asking himself whether he was wrong or not was pretty telling, that is if the anime staff doesn't decide to just scrap that and go for the Layfon=gary stu route.
Yeah, they both will get something out of it by the way things go. After all, I feel like the principal really is the one pushing a lot of things from behind.

One thing I'm not really sure, I don't know why but I call Karian Cross the principal while some call him the president. Isn't he just a student council leader?
__________________
Enternal is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 00:12   Link #351
fatez
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: TX
We all know that Layfon is a big softie. He is contradictory to his statement. He says he care most about survival, but risk his life for others. So, him having an epiphany is nothing new. for example, Layfon would say, OMG, i'm actually not cold hearted as I thought and survival is not everything. The audience goes, yeah watever, we know that already.


As for Nina, "OMG, I've been too naive in my thinking. Layfon might be right about the whole survival thing. THis world is a kill or to be kill place. I'm sorry Layfon." The audience goes, "serve you right you b****."

I don't know, the second scenario some how make me feel all tingly inside.
__________________
Every body is equal, but some or more equal than others.
fatez is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 00:16   Link #352
Fevvers
a regular van veen
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
*head meets desk*

Why hello there double standards!
Fevvers is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 00:40   Link #353
fatez
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: TX
Well here is the thing.

Layfon is no fun to make fun of because he already viewed himself as there is nothing beneath him. So, how can you have the heart, or where is the fun to push a guy who has such a negative view.

On the other hand, we have Nina who view herself as morally superior to most, which brings out the, i hate you because you think you are better then everybody else. To a certain extend, we can all sympathize with with Layfon for doing a wrong in the past that haunts us till today, but we can't sympathy with Nina perfect moral.
__________________
Every body is equal, but some or more equal than others.
fatez is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 04:14   Link #354
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I would like to see Layfon locking Nina in mental confusion like puting Nina in his shoes but the thing to protect is that fairy Zereni ^^

Like Nina wants to be strong to protect that fairy but what if someone captured her and blakmailed Nina.... that they will kill her if nina wont surrendred and give up on martial arts in between cities match.... she would be in similar situation as Layfon was....

If Nina wont give up they will kill the fairy...... if she gives up she will lose the match and they will lose mine so city will stop eventually......

Similar to Layfons case...... he done what he done and people learned about what eh was doing (fighting for money) the same he lost honour,pride and people's trust................. if he would give up then he would lose honour,pride as HB (since he allowed to lose to a weak shit and HB supposed to be strongest).... the same he would lose money for orphanage....and there was no guaranty that Garhard wouldnt say about his money-fightings after Layfons giving up....

So Layfon was on loseing posiiton from the start.... both possibilities would make Layfon lose.....


Nina's life is to keep up winning those childs play in the matches.... and dreaming of gaining power to protect Zereni....... that fairy for Nina is like survivial for Layfon.... both will do everything to protect their own desires...... (fairy or gaining money for orphanage)


Nina kinda forgets what happened with the squad when Layfon showed up.... Feli started to be more cooperative with her power.... Shanrid wants to improve himself so he switched to close range shooting..... Harley thx to layfon has much work to do and its a chalange to make better weapon for Layfon...... even Nina thx to him started to take seriosuly training and improveing herself

and now she wants them to be in different squads becouse she cant agree with Layfons way of thinking......... yeah kick Nina out of the squad and let her try to protect mrs.fairy on her own... I wonder how long will she live


Yeah tomarrow new episode ^^ damn cant wait ;]
zibi88 is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 04:28   Link #355
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Not exactly...just Nina's an open person...she speaks out her thoughts. She said: Might. She thinks about it. An not about kicking out Layfon but about that maybe they must be in sepertate platoons. So itz may be the opposite too!
Maybe because she can't belive him she thinking about leaving the squad. Cause we have a damn strong attacker(Layfon) who can inspire the other teammates. She thinks that Layfon is more suited for the post of platoon leader and if she can't agree with him(and his ideals) then she causes a problem for the squad. She feels herself useless anyways in the platoon so if she can't cooperate with Layfon well than she maybe become a hinderance too.
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 05:49   Link #356
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A Boring Island
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
After few posts now i skip always all post that are: Layfon right, Nina wrong, because is really boring now, i prefer wait next epi for see how the story continues.
After see a part of the Nina's past and of Layfon too (i want only see his past on HB, i'm not so interested in his past in the orphanage), felli past i don't think that is so interesting, but I'm quite curious to see the past of Sharnid, probably the one on his old platoon, which perhaps have connection with the bald guy and the long blonde hair girl
__________________
Tjaard is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 06:09   Link #357
solembum
The WereCat
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: alagaesia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Alright I'm done for the night.
"No, she trying to head off a problem before it escalates."

but there is no problem with the team in the first place. she's the only one with the problem.

edit:
@ eternal.

somebody even calls him "CEO". lol

the man with many names layfon:the man with many titles karian loss.

BL?

omg I just said something inappropriate for me O.O
solembum is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 06:35   Link #358
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
You guys want to stop and maybe carry this out through PM's before a moderator starts handing out warnings and locks the thread? it may be wise.
Circular as it might be, and unlikely to go anywhere because it is not possible to quantify "right" and "wrong" in this case with any semblance of universal truth, as it hinges very largely of one's views on life in general with no "correct" answer, there is nothing wrong with the debate as it is. As long as people keep it civil, which seems to be the case for the most part thus far, i see no reason why any of the above should be carried out. The topic of said drawn-out discussion is very much episode 9 relevant. and keeping me entertained
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 07:28   Link #359
GreenLama
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Circular as it might be, and unlikely to go anywhere because it is not possible to quantify "right" and "wrong" in this case with any semblance of universal truth, as it hinges very largely of one's views on life in general with no "correct" answer, there is nothing wrong with the debate as it is. As long as people keep it civil, which seems to be the case for the most part thus far, i see no reason why any of the above should be carried out. The topic of said drawn-out discussion is very much episode 9 relevant. and keeping me entertained
I guess your right, I just didn't want anything to esculate is all, I felt the conversation was getting heated all while remaining somewhat civil, so I do see what you mean.
GreenLama is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 09:01   Link #360
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
After few posts now i skip always all post that are: Layfon right, Nina wrong, because is really boring now, i prefer wait next epi for see how the story continues.
After see a part of the Nina's past and of Layfon too (i want only see his past on HB, i'm not so interested in his past in the orphanage), felli past i don't think that is so interesting, but I'm quite curious to see the past of Sharnid, probably the one on his old platoon, which perhaps have connection with the bald guy and the long blonde hair girl
Me too I think he has some connection with the Dean and the Long blonde haired girl.

If you retrace back to episode 1, when Nina argued a little with Dean A.k.A Bald Guy, Nina was going to go and ask a guy to join there platoon but Dean stepped infront, and Nina said: I laid my eyes on him first.

And Dean A.K.A Bald Guy said: I dont think you of all people have the right to say that. And walked off, and when Sharnid and the blonde girl eyes connected you could easily tell that he was in there platoon in the past, why he left I dont know but I have a theory.

Nina convinced him into leaving and that is why the bald guy said that.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.