AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-26, 13:33   Link #281
SUPERPAN
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Hello
Is there any way to re-time the whole .ass script ?
eg. I want to move the whole ass file 40 frames.
__________________
SUPERPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 14:42   Link #282
jfs
Aegisub dev
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERPAN View Post
Hello
Is there any way to re-time the whole .ass script ?
eg. I want to move the whole ass file 40 frames.
Timing -> Shift Times.
__________________

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 15:23   Link #283
SUPERPAN
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanks
__________________
SUPERPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 09:06   Link #284
guest0815
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I wanted to use draw commands in \clip to give characters shaped glows and stuff but I can't figure it out. Can the drawing vector coordinates somehow be placed relatively to font positions? I tried drawing a star around the zero point and then enter the coordinates as functions with x/y variables but it didn't seem to work. And just moving one star approximately on top of one letter "by hand" was a huge pita.

thanks for reading
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 10:46   Link #285
jfs
Aegisub dev
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Age: 30
...shaped glows?
I can't really imagine what you mean by that, and even less why you've already jumped to the conclusion that vector clips are the only way to go about solving your problem.

Perhaps try using Photoshop or similar to illustrate what you want to achieve.
__________________

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 11:17   Link #286
guest0815
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
less why you've already jumped to the conclusion that vector clips are the only way to go about solving your problem.
I know it's not necessarily the way to go. I just wanted to show I've given it at least a minute of thought instead of just coming in here and basically demanding to be handed the code for custom shaped borders.

Spoiler:

Code:
{\3c&H5FFFF5&}{\clip(m 406 660 l 498 660 l 423 717 l 453 626 l 482 717  )}{\an5\pos(!line.left+syl.center!,!line.middle-14!)}{\blur0\bord0\t(0,800,\bord20\blur23)}{\alpha&HFF\t(0,200,\alpha&H00)}
I placed a starshaped clip there that's masking everything but that growing border. I wondered if you can get an effect like that automagically in the right place once per line or even each character. Moving the starshaped clip around by changing all coordinates by hand everytime is brutal.
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 11:46   Link #287
jfs
Aegisub dev
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Age: 30
Right, well the centre of the current syllable (which may of course also be a character in case of using the "char" modifier) is $scenter for X coordinate and $smiddle for Y coordinate. Then it's just generating your clipping coordinates using that as center.

I think letting all stars have the same rotation will look a bit dull, so perhaps make a way to have each star have a unique (random) rotation. I'd write a generator function for a star as a function in a "code once" template. (Parametrise it on centre coordinate and radius.)
__________________

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 05:06   Link #288
guest0815
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Right, well the centre of the current syllable (which may of course also be a character in case of using the "char" modifier) is $scenter for X coordinate and $smiddle for Y coordinate. Then it's just generating your clipping coordinates using that as center.

I think letting all stars have the same rotation will look a bit dull, so perhaps make a way to have each star have a unique (random) rotation. I'd write a generator function for a star as a function in a "code once" template. (Parametrise it on centre coordinate and radius.)

Thanks!



And only 41 hours passed between googling parametrise and finding out how to write a function that returns a sequence of variables and strings \o/ Knowing shit about math and programming blows ^^#
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 15:55   Link #289
hancock
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Hi. I'm new here and I'm still a beginner at typesetting. I want to ask how we can copy an exact texture of a word in a video?

Like in this picture below:



How did they typeset the exact textures like the written Japanese words? Is there a tool in Ageisub that let you do that? Thanks!
hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 16:30   Link #290
Plorkyeran
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
The only way to do that in ass is with a font that has the textured edges.
Plorkyeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 23:41   Link #291
hancock
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plorkyeran View Post
The only way to do that in ass is with a font that has the textured edges.
Hi. Do you by chance know the font that was used? Thanks.
hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 05:36   Link #292
pichu
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I don't think After-Effects can determine the vectors in the edges (i.e. the direction) as shown in the picture -- how the etches are created based on the directions -- at least not the default effects, or you'll have to go into plugins/SDK.

Other than being too precise, I would think you can make a text layer; duplicate that text layer and put it above the regular text layer: check no fill color, add stroke width (maybe 3); and then apply Checkerboard or maybe even Grid effect with Stencil Alpha blending. This way, you'll get an etched outline on top of the regular text. Finally, apply Alpha Inverted Matte on the lower regular text layer and get it over with.
__________________
A small tool I made, and Learn how to make fansub karaoke in After-Effects: AFXKRK

Last edited by pichu; 2009-03-23 at 05:49.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 10:48   Link #293
hancock
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu View Post
I don't think After-Effects can determine the vectors in the edges (i.e. the direction) as shown in the picture -- how the etches are created based on the directions -- at least not the default effects, or you'll have to go into plugins/SDK.

Other than being too precise, I would think you can make a text layer; duplicate that text layer and put it above the regular text layer: check no fill color, add stroke width (maybe 3); and then apply Checkerboard or maybe even Grid effect with Stencil Alpha blending. This way, you'll get an etched outline on top of the regular text. Finally, apply Alpha Inverted Matte on the lower regular text layer and get it over with.
Can we perhaps go a little bit slower into doing this?
I have just started learning how to typeset a week ago and frankly, i have no idea what you're saying. Can you show me how it's done with snapshots? Or a basic guide about how to do text layers would be okay too. Thanks a lot.
hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 12:14   Link #294
pichu
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Well I would think that discussing about 'how to do so in after-effects' would be off-topic in this thread, yes?
__________________
A small tool I made, and Learn how to make fansub karaoke in After-Effects: AFXKRK
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 20:26   Link #295
hancock
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu View Post
Well I would think that discussing about 'how to do so in after-effects' would be off-topic in this thread, yes?
But isn't this a help thread where people ask for guides and stuff? On the previous pages, some people even wrote down a bunch of command lines as to how something is done.

By the way, do you know a font that looks similar to the word texture above?
hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 21:53   Link #296
Deddo
typesetting ftw!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Too lazy to check all of my font database. This one was on my mind. Use it with another font, put it behind. It will look similar.



DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zoxtgoj9xtu
Deddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 05:10   Link #297
pichu
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hancock View Post
But isn't this a help thread where people ask for guides and stuff? On the previous pages, some people even wrote down a bunch of command lines as to how something is done.

By the way, do you know a font that looks similar to the word texture above?
I won't say this thread is a general typesetting help; it's specifically for aegisub. If you're looking for a font, there are tons of sites available for you to search on. I don't have a good database for the fonts I own.

And, as for After-Effects comment, I just did a quick mock-up of your sign. I'm sure there are better ways than this.

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0321095746.png

(can't show the IMG here, because it's a desktop resolution)
__________________
A small tool I made, and Learn how to make fansub karaoke in After-Effects: AFXKRK
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 11:57   Link #298
D404
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Font from pichu's pic, if wanted:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cybwwy3mm5w
D404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 07:13   Link #299
Deddo
typesetting ftw!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
While searching another font, i found this one in my archive.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dr5dnxlzgwd
__________________
Deddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 14:11   Link #300
BOFH_of_OZ
Gamemaster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OZ
Here's a quickie question (or so I hope):

I'm trying to follow the advanced tricks tutorial, with layered borders and motion blur. For motion, I'm trying to emulate getting closer to the viewer (by fscx/fscy) as well as moving syllables. Here's the code:

{\an5\r\alpha&H80&\t($sstart,$smid,\fscx!100+$laye r*20!\fscy!100+$layer*20!\1a&HFF&\move($SX,$SY,!$S X-($layer*1.5)!,!$SY+$layer!))\t($smid,$send,\fscx10 0\fscy100\1a&HD0&\move(!$SX-($layer*1.5)!,!$SY+$layer!,!$SX+($layer*1.5)!,!$SY-$layer!))}

The problem is, even though the "zoom" effect is working for each syllable, the whole line is also being moved, and in the end all 7 layers are spread like butter on a slice of bread, unreadable and ugly...

Here's a quick screenshot explanation of what I'm doing. (1) is the start of a line. (2) shows that the move/zoom is working for a syllable. On (3), we see that the lines are sliding down, as per first "move" tag. And (4) is the end of the line...





Does anyone know why the move tag applies to the syllables and the whole line? And how to fix this? Or maybe there's an easier way of doing it?
BOFH_of_OZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aegisub, help thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.