AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Sora Kake

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-08, 15:43   Link #41
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: For great justice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
What are the Navi people exactly ?
They're mini-androids for interfacing with computer systems. Unfortunately because of their appearance, ANN actually calls them robotic potatoes.
__________________

qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 07:00   Link #42
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
I think I mentioned this in the generic discussion thread, and someone replied talking about the inertial damping system in some other series (sorry, can't remember who.)

Just being able to maneuver in space like that requires either some extremely tough and flexible material, or some kind of screwy physics like a structural integrity field that absorbs shock (like in Star Trek) or an inertial dampener that cancels out inertia of objects within it with respect to external frames of reference (first found in Star Trek, but now in stores near you!).

Of course this breaks relativity, but who knows what kind of new science a new age of technology will bring? I mean, look at Imo-chan! She's AMEEJINGUU~ by modern standards! She has personal levitation, contact electronic transceivers, the ability to expand her body when angry and wanting to shout at a certain someone.
In relation to Star Trek's subspace technobabble and relativity, read http://www.chakoteya.net/Voyager/206.htm Voyager Cold Fire...

TANIS: A place the humanoids on this ship call a subspace layer. A place of pure thought, pure energy.

subspace layer = "pure energy".
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 07:05   Link #43
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
What are the Navi people exactly ?
A talking potato/spud.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 12:46   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
They're mini-androids for interfacing with computer systems. Unfortunately because of their appearance, ANN actually calls them robotic potatoes.
the decendents of Mr and Mrs potato head?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 23:23   Link #45
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Website has new updates, I'll start with Mr Kuroobi(Mr Black Belt):

Spoiler for Mr Black Belt:
Next we finally have the answer to QT and makes things clearer:
Spoiler for QT:
Spoiler for QET:
The subject of QT should be quite clear now and everything makes good sense.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 23:31   Link #46
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Spoiler for Mr Black Belt:
O~kay, now I know for sure who's the original maker of Mr.Black Belt, and where he's come from.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 23:37   Link #47
Fishfood1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Not Antarctica?
@CA thanks for the translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
O~kay, now I know for sure who's the original maker of Mr.Black Belt, and where he's come from.
who? cmon, don't hide it from us
__________________

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 00:04   Link #48
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Don't tell me the name Honda or Asimo doesn't spark any idea in your head . Not to mention he's considered the 4th generation of humanoid model.

I'm pretty sure the phrase "Tomodachi ni narimashou" isn't installed by Sakura, since I heard them recently on television, in one of the Asimo exhibition program .
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 00:05   Link #49
Fishfood1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Not Antarctica?
oh i thought you meant somewhere in animeverse, didn't thought you actually meant in real life
__________________

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 00:19   Link #50
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Don't tell me the name Honda or Asimo doesn't spark any idea in your head . Not to mention he's considered the 4th generation of humanoid model.

I'm pretty sure the phrase "Tomodachi ni narimashou" isn't installed by Sakura, since I heard them recently on television, in one of the Asimo exhibition program .
lol yea, but I still don't know what "Gottsuan desu" means

Anyway the QET explains why EX-QTs are so powerful.

If you look at Aleida or Takane's costumes, those are just what they look like on the surface. Underneath, or rather inside the molecular structure of the costumes, you can pack trillions of components.

Energy is no problem if you can control photons with just your mind.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 05:18   Link #51
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Website has new updates, I'll start with Mr Kuroobi(Mr Black Belt):

Spoiler for Mr Black Belt:
Next we finally have the answer to QT and makes things clearer:
Spoiler for QT:
Spoiler for QET:
The subject of QT should be quite clear now and everything makes good sense.
Wait, so... does that make QT users closer to the espers of Index or closer to the gigalomancers of Chaos;Head?
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 05:38   Link #52
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Wait, so... does that make QT users closer to the espers of Index or closer to the gigalomancers of Chaos;Head?
I don't know either, but the first things that came to my mind were:

Built in Lambda Drives, Full Metal Panic.

TOPLESS abilities, Top wo Nerae! 2

Lambda Drive is a super technology device that works by turning your imagination and visualisations into energy. The stronger your thoughts, the stronger the results. You can literally cause a nuclear explosion with your finger tips, or stop a nuclear explosion from reaching you.

TOPLESS, basically a double pun, plus a mecha acronym pun, is a disposition in young humans whose pre-frontal cortex are not fully developed yet. Mysterious functions in the immature brain allows your thoughts to communicate to Buster Machines. You can also break physics in many ways when linked to a Buster Machine to amplify your brain powers and execute 'Exotic Maneuvers'. You can animate non living objects, break absolute zero, teleport and telekinesis entire gas planets etc.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 06:29   Link #53
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Spoiler for QET:
Basically QET is already explained by its name. The technology given to manipulate things at the extremely intricate mass-energy level. It just gives us the ability to create anything we want by converting back and forth from energy and mass at a whim. Of course, accompanying it would be the knowledge of physical structures down to the very last detail, probably at the differing energy levels and rest mass of very small particles.

It is theoretically impossible to determine the very basic particle that makes up everything (I am too lazy to explain it here, search under qubits, quantum physics and similar topics for details), but I think with a rough idea, it is practically possible to create compounds at a macromolecular scale and slowly fusing them together to get what we want.

The very first sentence of the explanation for QT rings ONE person to my head. And that is SUZUMIYA HARUHI.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 10:16   Link #54
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Being able to control particles and energy at quantum level means that normal physics and chemistry doesn't matter.

QET itself is wonderful technology, but its QT that makes it amazing.

If you can control anything quantum with your brain, you literally have magic, its the absolutely boundary between science and magic.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 10:50   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Being able to control particles and energy at quantum level means that normal physics and chemistry doesn't matter.

QET itself is wonderful technology, but its QT that makes it amazing.

If you can control anything quantum with your brain, you literally have magic, its the absolutely boundary between science and magic.
Actually it does. If you are going to build things up, you need a plan. Assuming that you see someone make a Colosseum out of Uno Stacko bricks, and you run everything down with a bowling ball, there is very little chance you can replicate it since you do not know the intermediaries that make up the total structure.

One good example is Iran's attempt to create a 4th generation MBT with ceramic armour. Despite obtaining shards of the Abrams from the terror cells fighting the US in the hotspots, they are still unable to fully replicate the armor that can withstand an internal explosion of 20+ DU and 1000+ 50. cal rounds PLUS 1 DU round, a few Mavericks and Hellfire missiles from the outside. The tank is still in shape though badly beaten, and the simple knockoff of the armour is used to make the Zulqifar MBT.

Even if there is the technology present, without knowledge it is useless.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 11:11   Link #56
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually it does. If you are going to build things up, you need a plan. Assuming that you see someone make a Colosseum out of Uno Stacko bricks, and you run everything down with a bowling ball, there is very little chance you can replicate it since you do not know the intermediaries that make up the total structure.

One good example is Iran's attempt to create a 4th generation MBT with ceramic armour. Despite obtaining shards of the Abrams from the terror cells fighting the US in the hotspots, they are still unable to fully replicate the armor that can withstand an internal explosion of 20+ DU and 1000+ 50. cal rounds PLUS 1 DU round, a few Mavericks and Hellfire missiles from the outside. The tank is still in shape though badly beaten, and the simple knockoff of the armour is used to make the Zulqifar MBT.

Even if there is the technology present, without knowledge it is useless.
Quantum technology at QET and QT level is very different from conventional battles that follows normal physics.

Let's say you're going to form a quantum defence, there's no need to think of the materials of your armour. All you need is to redirect/scatter the energy upon impact, or shift the phase of your particle waveforms to become nearly indestructible against anything not on the same phase.

In quantum battles, you fight on the quantum level, anything more than subatomic is less important.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 11:25   Link #57
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Quantum technology at QET and QT level is very different from conventional battles that follows normal physics.

Let's say you're going to form a quantum defence, there's no need to think of the materials of your armour. All you need is to redirect/scatter the energy upon impact, or shift the phase of your particle waveforms to become nearly indestructible against anything not on the same phase.

In quantum battles, you fight on the quantum level, anything more than subatomic is less important.
There is a need to think about the structure of your armour, depending on the attack.

For example, it is a high KE, small area of impact attack (HEAT round, I think you fired one before?). The main aim would be to shift away the large energy transfer per unit time at the point of impact, so you would need a physical structure that is hard on the outside to slow down the rate of penetration, which means that the physical structure has to constantly rebuild itself at the point of impact, at the same time rapidly dissipating the energy gained to the surrounding.

If it is a HESH round, the area of impact is large, low KE. Before the detonator ignites, the direction of the force would need to changed or damped, in which a physical structure that is soft to absorb the impact both before and after the detonation of the explosive, or a hard layer at the top to dissipate the shockwave followed by a secondary hard layer with a damping medium sandwiched between.

If it is a concussive attack (similar to that of a HEDP grenade), it is the force directed at a extremely large area in which is it nearly impossible to dodge, the best way would be to form a cone-like or curved shield to redirect the fast moving air-molecules in a direction away from you.

If it is a large tachyon beam like what Aleida fired at Honoka, the shield would need to be made up of a quick-energy absorbing and dissipating, yet simple structure so it can be easily regenerated to continually absorb and dispel energy until the attack wears off.

Quantum technology is as good as fooling around with a piece of plasticine randomly without a idea of what to make it into. It not only takes knowledge, skill, precision and perception to be able to master and control it neurally.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 11:48   Link #58
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
You're still thinking above the subatomic level and not quantum.

When you shift the particle waveform, you are fundamentally changing not the state or form of the particle. But instead you're sliding in between dimensional planes.

Because you're inbetween dimensional planes, you either form an impenetrable wall against particles and energy of this dimension, or you let them slide right through you.

Its like a radio, you have to tune to the same frequency to be able to get it, other wise you just hear static or nothing. Take recieving static as the impenetrable wall I described and nothing as sliding right through.

Another way to see it is, can a 3D object interact with a 2D object? Would the 3D object observe the 2D as a flat piece on the ground? Can you step and damage it?

How about a 3D hitting a 4D? I'd supose you can't even percieve them in the first place, and probably would slide right through a 4D plane without knowing.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 12:27   Link #59
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You're still thinking above the subatomic level and not quantum.

When you shift the particle waveform, you are fundamentally changing not the state or form of the particle. But instead you're sliding in between dimensional planes.

Because you're inbetween dimensional planes, you either form an impenetrable wall against particles and energy of this dimension, or you let them slide right through you.

Its like a radio, you have to tune to the same frequency to be able to get it, other wise you just hear static or nothing. Take recieving static as the impenetrable wall I described and nothing as sliding right through.

Another way to see it is, can a 3D object interact with a 2D object? Would the 3D object observe the 2D as a flat piece on the ground? Can you step and damage it?

How about a 3D hitting a 4D? I'd supose you can't even percieve them in the first place, and probably would slide right through a 4D plane without knowing.
Interestingly, part of what Nerfed QT abilities in Sora Kake is that there is limits to QT power. Specifically, the "force" used to manipulate quantum in itself isn't absolute, and can be disrupted by external forces. The idea that Quantum armor can be indestructible is only true for as long as QT forces itself is un-interruptible.

"Something" is holding the particles in phase. As such, even if the particles could not be penetrated, that "something" holding them there, can.

This sort of explains why an extreme quantity of sunlight could melt quantum-ice that are theoretically indestructible. The forces holding the quantum particles in place were disrupted by brute force, and the ice was thus destroyed indirectly.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 12:41   Link #60
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
I agree that there's a limit to how strong QT powers can get, there's different levels of QT in the first place. But we don't really know the limit yet.

For the sunlight melting Nerval's Overfreeze, it can be that the photons of the sunlight was adjusted to the same phase as the ice. Since Sakura understood and bothered to explain the phase transition being an important factor to the freeze being indestructible, she probably has to deal with it as well.

Seeing how QET is adapted in every single piece of technology in the Sorakake world, the solar panels being able to adjust the phase of photons wouldn't be impossible.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.