AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-06-07, 18:07   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm not sure that this is a good idea. There are plenty of review sites out there. Besides THEM, jellyfishreviews and Anime-Planet there is also the Anime Review section of the Anime-Planet. That's an excellent forum where anyone can write reviews. Why do we want to start soliciting anime reviews here as well? I think this is a place to discuss anime, not to review them. We really shouldn't try to do everything anime related because it weakens the rest.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 18:12   Link #22
7thMethuselah

Well, basically in the suggestions forum we are makign the same suggestions over and over again. Every two weeks the same threads pop up, I want good comedy, I want action, etc...
So a list of reviews of shows which are featured on animesuki may help people decide without everyone having to post the same answers every other day.

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 18:38   Link #23
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I'm not sure that this is a good idea. There are plenty of review sites out there. Besides THEM, jellyfishreviews and Anime-Planet there is also the Anime Review section of the Anime-Planet. That's an excellent forum where anyone can write reviews. Why do we want to start soliciting anime reviews here as well? I think this is a place to discuss anime, not to review them. We really shouldn't try to do everything anime related because it weakens the rest.
I understand, and I thought about it before I posted, but like 7th says, and like I said in my original post, we keep re-inventing the wheel every time someone asks for "something like anime X".

I understand if you guys dont want to do this, it was just a suggestion on my part.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 22:22   Link #24
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I don't know about the whole review thing going on in the suggestions forum... people are still going to create threads asking for "anime like <other anime name>" or "looking for good <insert genre> anime"... I think the ideal solution would be to just sticky a link to anime-planet or something... or make sure people look at the info links on the series page (main site)...