AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-26, 04:01   Link #141
Janifuu
緩和
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Did they get married? No, it's a fact.
Are they together in a stable way? No it's a fact.
This is an open ended ending even because it's shown Taiga returned at the very end of the episode, but what will happen it's all up in the air.
If you fail to realize this it's your problem dude.


LOL you're a shipper: I meant they didn't marry or they are together in a stable way. Of course you would say anything in order to defend your beloved show, not matter how much ludicrous it is. I'm done talking with you.


If they stayed together or they married it wouldn't be an open ended ending. Anyway I explained myself enough and I don't want to get involved in crappy shippers' wars. Sayonara to the section!
Shipping war...? How in the hell does that relate to your judgmental accusation that everything had been left "open ended"? The only information we can base any after-math assumptions on can be derived from what we, the viewer, had witnessed in the finale. The were engaged, and the episode ended with them still engaged. That is fact. We can therefor presume that the time will eventually come for them to marry, based on that fact. They are obviously together in a stable enough relationship to maintain a bond with one another and not separate their partnership, as you can openly see after they had reunited at the end of the episode. That is fact. Perhaps you missed the metaphor that even Ryuuji cited in the episode himself, declaring that they are connected to each other enough to where they don't have to physically be present. If you fail to realize that, then that's your problem, "dude."
Janifuu is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:02   Link #142
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowed View Post
I just googled and found info that school start in September or October in Japan. Could have been wrong info thou. It also said that it ends in July but graduation is earlier. It is possible that persons who wrote it just assumed that time period. I used two sources for this.
I found my own source:

Quote:
Most schools operate on a three-term system with the new year starting in April. The modern educational system started in 1872 modeled after the French school system which began in April. The fiscal year in Japan also begins in April and ends in March of the following year, it is more convenient in many aspects. (1) April is the height of spring when cherry blossom (the most loved flower of the Japanese!) bloom and a most suitable time for a new start in Japan. (2) This difference in the school-year system causes some inconvenience to students who wish to study abroad in the U.S. A half year is wasted waiting to get in and often another year is wasted when coming back to the Japanese university because of having to repeat a year.
http://japanese.about.com/od/japanes...s/a/061000.htm

(1) I'm suddenly reminded of Lucky Star's Konata Da-Capo antics.

(2) Lol Kitamura and Sumire.

Quote:
A school year has three terms: summer, winter and spring, which are each followed by a vacation period. The school year begins in April and ends in March of the following year.
http://www.education-in-japan.info/sub1.html
Peanutbutter is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:04   Link #143
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
WTHELLL!!! I can't believe it's over!! :[! NOOO!!! Such a good show. Sigh.

Awesome ending.
__________________
Freya is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:07   Link #144
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Wow you call this pretty solid ending? Who says they will marry? Who says they will even stay together in the future and such: dude this is open ended ending. If you fail to realize this because you're a shipper I can understand, but facts are facts!
A solid ending refers to major points resolved and the two leads recognizing their love for each other. The whole point of the show was to bring Taiga and Ryuuji together in a romantic way, the rest of the plot lines were designed around that and to fill 25 episodes. Sure, they may or may not get married, or even stay together, but the show wasn't about preserving their relationship; it was about two people recognizing what the relationship between them had become.

This was never really a shipping show. It was obvious from the outset that this was going to be the way things turned out. It was only a matter of how.
__________________
Solace is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:08   Link #145
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Wow you call this pretty solid ending? Who says they will marry? Who says they will even stay together in the future and such: dude this is open ended ending. If you fail to realize this because you're a shipper I can understand, but facts are facts!
For all intent and purposes, Aisaka is back because she is on good terms with her parents now and probably got her approval. So they'll probably wait awhile to get married. They were only planning on rushing it because they had planned to run away. Now that they aren't they'll take it easy.

They won't be like Nagisa and Tomoya marrying so early.
__________________
Freya is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:34   Link #146
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Downloading the CoalGuys subs right now, but I won't watch it until I finish rewatching everything, and I'm on episode 14 still.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:35   Link #147
Mandrake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Kitamura seems to be going to america, going after Sumire perhaps?
Mandrake is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:38   Link #148
hollowification
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via MSN to hollowification
yeah i thought you know it would shot 5 yrs later or something showing both ryuuji & tiaga would be married living together and walking the little kid to preschool or something
__________________
Those who can't see the mirror of the own reflection cannot Reflect the one true self
hollowification is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:53   Link #149
Ayano Katagiri
ĸ-on! : yυι - gυιтarιѕт;
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Wow, just watched the sub and I'm impressed that they rounded off the series quite nicely. It was certainly better than last week in my opinion... but Taiga leaving Ryuuji for an entire year?? O.O Poor guy.
__________________
Ayano Katagiri is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 04:54   Link #150
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
A solid ending refers to major points resolved and the two leads recognizing their love for each other. The whole point of the show was to bring Taiga and Ryuuji together in a romantic way, the rest of the plot lines were designed around that and to fill 25 episodes. Sure, they may or may not get married, or even stay together, but the show wasn't about preserving their relationship; it was about two people recognizing what the relationship between them had become.

This was never really a shipping show. It was obvious from the outset that this was going to be the way things turned out. It was only a matter of how.
Couldn't have described it any better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayano Katagiri View Post
Wow, just watched the sub and I'm impressed that they rounded off the series quite nicely. It was certainly better than last week in my opinion... but Taiga leaving Ryuuji for an entire year?? O.O Poor guy.
Her leaving him for a year is after all an important plot device to show the mentioned bond between them, but yeah, should have been a tough time for both of them although i don't think it was a whole year but the rest of the term but i don't know for sure either.
Waven is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 05:07   Link #151
Ayano Katagiri
ĸ-on! : yυι - gυιтarιѕт;
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Her leaving him for a year is after all an important plot device to show the mentioned bond between them, but yeah, should have been a tough time for both of them although i don't think it was a whole year but the rest of the term but i don't know for sure either.
Yeah, I understand that. I actually rather enjoyed the way they portrayed it after one year to be honest. For me it was a good ending that way.

I'm pretty sure it was close to a whole year or more, considering that they were in second year for the majority of the show and the students talking about them at the end referred to them as seniors graduating in their final year (3rd year). The final term hadn't finished yet when Taiga left.
__________________
Ayano Katagiri is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 05:10   Link #152
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
Writing this review while I'm watching, so the paragraphs will be disjointed:

I wonder how the best animated episode in the entire series could come straight after the worst animated one. Did the animators rush Ep. 24 to leave more time for Ep. 25? The directing of this episode is simply sublime. The lighting of the bedroom scene gives a surreal feeling, with the moonlight giving it the atmosphere of a fairy tale. Excellent directing as well, with a huge variety of camera angles, such as the one at the 7 minute mark, with a minor convex lens effect in the background (opposite of a fish lens).

Nice lighting in the train scene as well, with the contrast between the shadow and the light of the setting sun. Goodness, is it just me or did the lighting effects suddenly improve in this episode? Everything Taiga wears seem to have some illuminating effect, from the futon blanket to the white fur coat. The classroom seems darker than usual now that Taiga's left. It's as if the lights were broken or something. There's also extensive use of slow fade through black/white between the scenes, which makes the pace of the episode seem slower than it actually is.

YAHAHAHAHAHA!! 15:37 when Taiga sent the photo to her classmates, Minori had her basecall cap in her hand AND HER GLOVE ON HER HEAD!!! XD XD XD

Quotes of the episode:
In your lives, you will all come to different crossroads. Regardless of if you decide to stay where you are or turn back, you still have to make a decision. Aisaka-san's decision may mean leaving you all, but it's a decision she tried her best to make. Let's support her, okay?
- Yuri-sensei

Rie Tanaka didn't have too many long speeches in the series, but I liked how she pulled off the motherly tone in this one, followed by the usual yandere ranting. It brought a smile to my face.

I can't see the stars... *sees single star* It's so small... It's hidden and lonely, just like me.
- Taiga

A UFO that can't be seen, versus a single star that can. A hidden and lonely star, versus a sour orange. Still trying to figure out the metaphors.

Even if the sky is pitch black, with nothing to see, there will be stars shining somewhere out there. If I keep shining brighter and brighter, I'll definitely look better to people. I think Taiga is kind of selfish. But even if that's the case, the sky will connect us. As long as we all shine, no matter how far apart we are, we will definitely be able to see each other doing our best.
- Minori

The friendship between Taiga and Minori is one of the most important ones in the show, perhaps as important as Ryuuji and Taiga's relationship. Till the end, Minori was still on the same wavelength as Taiga. It's a pity that we never got to see how the two of them became friends in the first place.

As long as there's at least one person who understands me, I'll be okay. Even if it isn't love...
- Ami

The main 5 seem to behave in this way, whether or not they knew it. Taiga picked a fight with Sumire because she had Ryuuji's understanding. Kitamura confessed in front of the whole school in the same way. Minori and Ami stated the concept explicitly. It pretty much ties up the loose ends for everyone. Those who didn't find love, found understanding. I mentioned in the previous thread that everyone found answers to the questions they started out with. Being understood is one of them.

R: Since ancient times, the dragon has been the only beast to equal the tiger. Even if you're not by my side right now, I will leap through space and time and always be by your side. These feelings will never change.

R: There's something in this world that no one has seen before.

T: It is gentle and sweet.

R: Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it.

T: That's why no one has ever seen it.

R: The world hid it so that no one could get their hands on it easily.

T: However, someday, someone will find it.

R: The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it.

R&T: This is how it's created.

Full circle. Need I say more? Not sure if it's relevant, but it reminds me of Chobits, with the poetry that runs on between episodes.
frivolity is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 05:41   Link #153
yuki87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 27
Cute episode and a overall enjoyable series. The kiss scene and final I love you scene were touching.
__________________
yuki87 is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 05:45   Link #154
akitoki
Suki Da Yo
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
With regards to the epilogue..what was the piece of paper which was on the table in the Takasu Residence when Inko-chan finally said his own name? 21:05-21:08
akitoki is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 05:56   Link #155
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by akitoki View Post
With regards to the epilogue..what was the piece of paper which was on the table in the Takasu Residence when Inko-chan finally said his own name? 21:05-21:08
Graduation Day Notice. Something like that.
Peanutbutter is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 06:29   Link #156
FatalMemory
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Alright, I will concede this episode made Taiga likable again, and was almost on par with eps 1-11.

Apart from that, fools need to realize shipping ain't about whether an opportunity for a suggested pairing even exists, it's about fans promoting the character they believe should've won.
FatalMemory is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 06:46   Link #157
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Lovely episode for a lovely series. Clearly the people that didn't enjoy it won't be moved by my poor attempts at wording the myriad of feelings this last episode - and the series as a whole - left me with. I'll just go on the record to agree with everyone that has already pointed the obvious out: the kiss between Taiga and Ryuji is one of the most beautifully realized I have ever seen - short of live-action movies or series (and even there, it would be a bit tough to top it off). It was just the right amount of sweetness and desire.

10/10 for me. Waiting for the General Consensus Thread, now...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 07:00   Link #158
manga852
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janifuu View Post
Shipping war...? How in the hell does that relate to your judgmental accusation that everything had been left "open ended"? The only information we can base any after-math assumptions on can be derived from what we, the viewer, had witnessed in the finale. The were engaged, and the episode ended with them still engaged. That is fact. We can therefor presume that the time will eventually come for them to marry, based on that fact. They are obviously together in a stable enough relationship to maintain a bond with one another and not separate their partnership, as you can openly see after they had reunited at the end of the episode. That is fact. Perhaps you missed the metaphor that even Ryuuji cited in the episode himself, declaring that they are connected to each other enough to where they don't have to physically be present. If you fail to realize that, then that's your problem, "dude."

just what about their relationship was unstable they had already confessed their feelings for each other and ryuuji already proposed can't think of a more stable high school relationship
manga852 is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 07:09   Link #159
kenecix
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath View Post
yeah i thought you know it would shot 5 yrs later or something showing both ryuuji & tiaga would be married living together and walking the little kid to preschool or something
I wouldn't mind that :P
kenecix is offline  
Old 2009-03-26, 07:22   Link #160
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowed View Post
I just googled and found info that school start in September or October in Japan. Could have been wrong info thou. It also said that it ends in July but graduation is earlier. It is possible that persons who wrote it just assumed that time period. I used two sources for this.
Nope. Unlike the US, in Japan school runs year round. The school year ends in the spring just like the US, but the next year starts up right away after only a realativly short break and runs through summer.

That's why in anime, you always see the cherry blossoms in bloom when people are starting a new school year. Cherry blossoms bloom in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Her leaving him for a year is after all an important plot device to show the mentioned bond between them, but yeah, should have been a tough time for both of them
I'm still a bit ambivalent about the whole "dissapearing for a year" thing, so I am not totally sure how I rate this ep yet. To me, the main reason for her to have left would be to have reconciled with her parrents, but we get no real confirmation that she actually did. The meeting of the two at the very end, after their separation, was nice even if it was a bit quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki87 View Post
The kiss scene and final I love you scene were touching.
I totally agree here, and these were to me the best parts of the ep. Very toughing and yet somehow still in character for both of them.
__________________
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-4/711686/urdsiggyformdaubenke6.JPG
mdauben is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.