AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-08, 18:19   Link #3021
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
Carpe Jugulum - We're not able to see your pic

you have to upload it to a site and post that link here...since AS doesn't allow showing images off your hd (you can see it perfectly well cause it's directing to the file in your comp...but not ours)

www.uploadit.org should do the trick
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"®

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:26   Link #3022
Carpe Jugulum
Kessen Satsu
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chester, England
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Carpe Jugulum Send a message via MSN to Carpe Jugulum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Carpe Jugulum - We're not able to see your pic

you have to upload it to a site and post that link here...since AS doesn't allow showing images off your hd (you can see it perfectly well cause it's directing to the file in your comp...but not ours)

www.uploadit.org should do the trick
ye sorry realised that had to make an account took longer than expected
Carpe Jugulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 21:45   Link #3023
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Do you guys know what would be better than this pic thread?

a video thread...common people get out your camcorders and start taking wacky videos Unless if you need someone to start...
__________________
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 21:49   Link #3024
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by aFlipGuy
Spoiler:


aite just checking the new faces in this thread ^_^ i'll be back in a couple of months to see the new faces....hhmmm thats it i guess ~_^-o'
Nice choice in computers. Macs rule!

--Cless
killmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 22:00   Link #3025
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Do you guys know what would be better than this pic thread?

a video thread...common people get out your camcorders and start taking wacky videos Unless if you need someone to start...
Lol, before the forum crash there was someone in this thread trying to get people to post their voice...it was a cool idea...but unfortunetely nobody besides him participated

I wouldn't mind seeing a video here and there (although...it would probably use up all the host's [uploadit.org, etc etc] bandwidth wouldn't it?) and the voice thing would be interesting....but it's so much easier to post pictures then anything else...so i don't think that many (if any) people would do it
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"®

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 22:10   Link #3026
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Lol, before the forum crash there was someone in this thread trying to get people to post their voice...it was a cool idea...but unfortunetely nobody besides him participated

I wouldn't mind seeing a video here and there (although...it would probably use up all the host's [uploadit.org, etc etc] bandwidth wouldn't it?) and the voice thing would be interesting....but it's so much easier to post pictures then anything else...so i don't think that many (if any) people would do it

We could try posting some other types of videos...(grabs Palco Folgore CD)


Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 22:18   Link #3027
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
O.o; I think the video idea would be intresting.

I don't use uploadit.org so I'm okay with that

Remember if a picture is worth 1000 words, how many words is a video worth?

hmm lets see for a lq video that's 15 fps...so a 30 sec clip would be 15X30X1000 = 450000 words

And you could probally make that under a meg using wmv for something small...that's smaller than 2 hq large pictures
__________________
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 22:35   Link #3028
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
O.o; I think the video idea would be intresting.

I don't use uploadit.org so I'm okay with that

Remember if a picture is worth 1000 words, how many words is a video worth?

hmm lets see for a lq video that's 15 fps...so a 30 sec clip would be 15X30X1000 = 450000 words

And you could probally make that under a meg using wmv for something small...that's smaller than 2 hq large pictures

I would like to provide a rebuttal to your argument. In a video, concurrent frames show very little difference (unless the scene is changing). Therefore, having 2 pictures that are nearly the same are no different than just having 1 picture (1000 words). If anything, the higher word count would go toward the presense of audio in the video (assuming there is audio). However, we all know that visual aspects of the environment are more frequently used to interepret information than audio aspects, therefore I'd be willing to grand that about 200-250 words per 5 seconds, and that's being generous. Further, let us assume that a 'significant' frame occurs every 5 seconds that is different enough from the previous set of frames to give the viewer further insight into understanding the subject under question. Therefore, (for 'getting to know you' videos anyway), the word count for a 30 sec clip would be 1000x30/5 + 250*30/5 = 7,500 words (7.5 picture posts). This is not worth the trouble nor the bandwidth in my opinion.

What would be better would be a photo-slideshow of some sort. Actually I have had an idea for a picture set going for a while that I think you guys would love if I were to make it and post it, but alas I am too embarrased to ask my dad and I don't know anyone else in Texas who will be my photographer for me. Well its an idea anyways.


(PS: WTF IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!? I have to analyze every god damn little number or equation don't I??? The engineering gods STOLE MY SOUL! WAHHHHHHHH!!!)
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 22:40   Link #3029
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
(PS: WTF IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!? I have to analyze every god damn little number or equation don't I??? The engineering gods STOLE MY SOUL! WAHHHHHHHH!!!)
I was about to ask the same question lol Technically you're proballally almost never in the same position in one frame of a video (well okay I wouldn't be) so techically it would be all 'diffrent' pictures.

Lucky for me the engineering gods wont' get anything from me, the medical gods already have my soul...
__________________
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 01:39   Link #3030
junko
model bliss
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
(PS: WTF IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!? I have to analyze every god damn little number or equation don't I??? The engineering gods STOLE MY SOUL! WAHHHHHHHH!!!)
Yes. Yes, they have. On a different note, if you want to drive to Dallas, I could take some pictures of you. Then we could hang out on Harry Hines and heckle the hookers. Always fun. Until the pimps come out. Then it's all, "stop laughing, bitch!" and *thwack* with the tire irons and car jacks.

Jinto Lin: Wow. Can I stalk you, too?

Sasaki: Arg, don't shudder! You look soo cute and cuddly! *Huggles a very frightened Sasaki* I like the first pic better. Easy on the cheez.

ClessAlvin: Vash?!? Oh, no, wait . . .

Uh, still don't have any pics of me, but I COULD post pics of my piercings. I guess. Nevermind. *Runs away and hides.*
__________________

thanks, PriestessKikyo, for the sig!
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 01:54   Link #3031
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
Yes. Yes, they have. On a different note, if you want to drive to Dallas, I could take some pictures of you. Then we could hang out on Harry Hines and heckle the hookers. Always fun. Until the pimps come out. Then it's all, "stop laughing, bitch!" and *thwack* with the tire irons and car jacks.

Jinto Lin: Wow. Can I stalk you, too?

Sasaki: Arg, don't shudder! You look soo cute and cuddly! *Huggles a very frightened Sasaki* I like the first pic better. Easy on the cheez.

ClessAlvin: Vash?!? Oh, no, wait . . .

Uh, still don't have any pics of me, but I COULD post pics of my piercings. I guess. Nevermind. *Runs away and hides.*

Woh, seriously you are in Dallas? I'm in Frisco right now which is...errr up? I dunno but it's a suburb and its not far from Dallas at all, like 40 minutes from the airport maybe? I demand you post a picture now! Maybe my plan is feasible after all
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 02:04   Link #3032
junko
model bliss
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Woh, seriously you are in Dallas? I'm in Frisco right now which is...errr up? I dunno but it's a suburb and its not far from Dallas at all, like 40 minutes from the airport maybe? I demand you post a picture now! Maybe my plan is feasible after all
Gah. I have no pictures to post. No digital camera, no webcam, no working scanner. Sorry, man. Yeah, Frisco is north. So is Little Elm. Make sure to never visit there. How long are you going to be in Frisco? Um . . . must definitely try to, like, congregate, or something. Aren't I just so eloquent?

EDIT: gravitation: What's up with you blocking out your face and not letting the cuteness shine through? Let us see the Cute!
__________________

thanks, PriestessKikyo, for the sig!

Last edited by junko; 2004-06-09 at 02:23.
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 02:56   Link #3033
Dopeskills
Thigh Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Junko: Don't you at least have a friend with a digitial camera? heh
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 03:07   Link #3034
junko
model bliss
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Junko: Don't you at least have a friend with a digitial camera? heh
My oniichan has a webcam, but it's rather a matter of finding time between his work schedule and mine to get together. And, of course, I have to be looking positively cute cute cute before I take a picture (though it never seems to matter), and, as I've been sick these last couple of days, cuteness has definitely been lacking. My sister has a digital cam, but, again, schedules and Cute make this option useless.

EDIT: do you guys really want to see me that badly? o_O I'm so flattered!
__________________

thanks, PriestessKikyo, for the sig!
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 04:30   Link #3035
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Surrey, England, land of rubbishness.
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Hubba hubba.

SCC
__________________
"There ought to be limits to freedom." - George W. Bush.
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 05:49   Link #3036
_Riku_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 24
siigh...

one more

Spoiler:
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 06:42   Link #3037
Koshiba
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
siigh...

one more

Spoiler:
You look really bored or something.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 07:57   Link #3038
Sephon
Inrecognizable lurker
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to Sephon
My first post ever on this forum had to be here, for no reason.

Let's see how spoiler stuff works too... hmmm

Spoiler:


Cool, Spoiler worked, but OMG ... the picture was bigger than I thought, beware
Sephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 17:50   Link #3039
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
Yes. Yes, they have. On a different note, if you want to drive to Dallas, I could take some pictures of you. Then we could hang out on Harry Hines and heckle the hookers. Always fun. Until the pimps come out. Then it's all, "stop laughing, bitch!" and *thwack* with the tire irons and car jacks.

Jinto Lin: Wow. Can I stalk you, too?

Sasaki: Arg, don't shudder! You look soo cute and cuddly! *Huggles a very frightened Sasaki* I like the first pic better. Easy on the cheez.

ClessAlvin: Vash?!? Oh, no, wait . . .

Uh, still don't have any pics of me, but I COULD post pics of my piercings. I guess. Nevermind. *Runs away and hides.*
Sure you can... but uhm there is something you should know first
Spoiler:
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 23:03   Link #3040
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Hmmm lets keep this thread alive by posting lots more pics, (I'm guilty for not posting for so long but anyways). Heres a couple of me from the kitchen


Spoiler:


that's all for now I've got more later
__________________
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
photo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.