AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-31, 12:11   Link #841
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlarax View Post
Why do people find this manga funny?
Because whether you find something to be funny or not is ultimately subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlarax View Post
Most of the situations involve the girls doing something embarrassing while trying to confess and then Hayate having some misunderstanding, which by god after the first 200 scenarios must have gotten old already.
Hmm... That's sort of true, but some there are some fun chapters from time to time, and there are some with nice development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlarax View Post
By the way if Hayate doesn't choose A-tan something is terribly wrong with him-they are practically engaged.
They broke up.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 16:29   Link #842
Fandal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
If you think about this really closely, you'll realize something. A-Tan is Hayate's childhood friend.

Of course, since this is Hayate......his childhood friend happens to turn what we think of a traditional anime childhood friend upside down.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 17:30   Link #843
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlarax View Post
Most of the situations involve the girls doing something embarrassing while trying to confess and then Hayate having some misunderstanding, which by god after the first 200 scenarios must have gotten old already.
I've only watched the anime, but I honestly... don't remember this scenario happening very often. At all.

Hayate no Gotoku is awesome. Leave, and do not return until you have seen the light.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:07   Link #844
Atlarax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I've only watched the anime, but I honestly... don't remember this scenario happening very often. At all.

Hayate no Gotoku is awesome. Leave, and do not return until you have seen the light.
probably because you've only seen the anime. leave, and do not return until you have read the manga.
Atlarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:10   Link #845
Atlarax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedjacquescouste View Post
You'd be right if there were no character development. As it is, though, we see Hinagiku learning to accept her feelings, Ayumu becoming more assertive, etc. That's what keeps me reading.
no offense but it doesn't take much character development to keep you reading does it? i mean there are many other mangas with better character developments yet have less recognition.

my point is that people keep praising hayate for its humor, outlandishness etc yet I find it unbelievable that they do.
Atlarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 22:16   Link #846
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I wonder if A-tan will take part in season 2... since Im hoping that season 2 will be another 50-52 ep spin off.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 23:43   Link #847
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
If you think about this really closely, you'll realize something. A-Tan is Hayate's childhood friend.
Hmm... I wouldn't know about that. Childhood friend in these types of stories is usually the kid who grew up with you. Hayate and Athena barely spent some months together (i.e. Royal Garden's time), and they were more than just friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I wonder if A-tan will take part in season 2... since Im hoping that season 2 will be another 50-52 ep spin off.
She should have appeared as a flashback on the previous season, since it advanced up to volume 9. Obviously, since they left outside almost anything that wasn't Nagi related, that part wasn't included. I expect this new season to cover all the other parts the previous season didn't.

I hope they take a good look at the popularity polls and realise Nagi isn't the only character the fans want to see.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:45   Link #848
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hmm... I wouldn't know about that. Childhood friend in these types of stories is usually the kid who grew up with you. Hayate and Athena barely spent some months together (i.e. Royal Garden's time), and they were more than just friends.


She should have appeared as a flashback on the previous season, since it advanced up to volume 9. Obviously, since they left outside almost anything that wasn't Nagi related, that part wasn't included. I expect this new season to cover all the other parts the previous season didn't.

I hope they take a good look at the popularity polls and realise Nagi isn't the only character the fans want to see.



Especially me,I want to see A-Tan so much than I still read this manga till this day and endure so many hardship to read goofy chapter A LOT
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:38   Link #849
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlarax View Post
no offense but it doesn't take much character development to keep you reading does it? i mean there are many other mangas with better character developments yet have less recognition.

my point is that people keep praising hayate for its humor, outlandishness etc yet I find it unbelievable that they do.

... Seriously, I usually do not reply to these kind of things. Well, maybe the reason why some of us like it is because we've seen tons of more ridiculous, trash harem genre. Well yeah, for some people, it's hard to understand why this series is so funny. In fact, most of the people who like this series are the ones who've read considerable number of mangas. (beyond 20 perhaps?)
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:57   Link #850
Atlarax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
... Seriously, I usually do not reply to these kind of things. Well, maybe the reason why some of us like it is because we've seen tons of more ridiculous, trash harem genre. Well yeah, for some people, it's hard to understand why this series is so funny. In fact, most of the people who like this series are the ones who've read considerable number of mangas. (beyond 20 perhaps?)
what are some of the other more ridiculous trash harem mangas?

and how are they different from hayate?
Atlarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 11:36   Link #851
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Undeniable, HnG is a very distinctive manga. I don't say it's good or bad yet, but it is unique from the art to the story setting, storytelling style, and especially, the jokes.

May be you just don't fit into the genres. HnG is very episodic in its nature. If you prefer more consistence in plot development, it's just not for you. Do you like any other episodic harem manga? (ex: To-Love Ru, Ashita No Yoichi, Nagasarete Airantou, Ranma 1/2, Open Sesame, etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
... Seriously, I usually do not reply to these kind of things. Well, maybe the reason why some of us like it is because we've seen tons of more ridiculous, trash harem genre. Well yeah, for some people, it's hard to understand why this series is so funny. In fact, most of the people who like this series are the ones who've read considerable number of mangas. (beyond 20 perhaps?)
Beyond 20 is still a very humble number for a manga fan. I believe there are many here who have read/watched hundreds of manga/anime.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-04-01 at 19:41.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 11:37   Link #852
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I only wished Hayate no gotoku would take things a bit more seriously.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 13:18   Link #853
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I only wished Hayate no gotoku would take things a bit more seriously.
You're not alone brotha! but too bad,the author doesn't have same idea like us
Like Cinocard says, this manga not for some one who want a serious story, it's just goof plot with a lot of more goof plot,twist here and there, little fanservice, poor character development and dry but (for some people) good humor.

I downloading every chapter in this manga, read it, and if it isn't serious, I press Shift+Del to banishing that chapter forever from my HD.

The only chapter I keep till this day is when Hayate and A-Tan meet, Hinagiku development, and random slice of page where some good line written in it
the rest? already blew away to Kingdom come

Let's just be patient, and watch, till we can't do it anymore
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 19:43   Link #854
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Patience? Well, I don't know if I'm too young for my age, but if I can still tolerate cartoon network, I'm absolutely healthy with HnG
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 21:50   Link #855
enragedjacquescouste
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
In all honesty, although I love the HnG cast and all, I probably would have stopped reading a few months ago had A-tan never showed up. Now I feel compelled to read it every week to see if she'll come back.
enragedjacquescouste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 22:31   Link #856
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedjacquescouste View Post
In all honesty, although I love the HnG cast and all, I probably would have stopped reading a few months ago had A-tan never showed up. Now I feel compelled to read it every week to see if she'll come back.
Ah, I understand... After so many volumes, I can't really say I'm all that enthusiastic about new volumes to read... Still reading them because I like the characters and try my best not to throw it down though. Though I've already given up on the dead-boring novels.
A-tan? Ah, someone like that existed. Hate, dare desuka (=now then, who might that be)?
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 23:48   Link #857
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Though I've already given up on the dead-boring novels.
I had completely forgot there were HnG Light Novels. Was the story in the LN different?
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 01:21   Link #858
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I had completely forgot there were HnG Light Novels. Was the story in the LN different?
The light novels are all just side stories. Like drawing a doujin (Me=zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...), getting sucked into Nagi's manga or something, etc.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 08:24   Link #859
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah, I understand... After so many volumes, I can't really say I'm all that enthusiastic about new volumes to read... Still reading them because I like the characters and try my best not to throw it down though. Though I've already given up on the dead-boring novels.
A-tan? Ah, someone like that existed. Hate, dare desuka (=now then, who might that be)?
A-tan (Athena Tennos) is Hayate's ex-master/girlfriend.
It's implied they still have some feelings for each other
Her arc is chapters 179-187
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 11:18   Link #860
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
A-tan (Athena Tennos) is Hayate's ex-master/girlfriend.
It's implied they still have some feelings for each other
Her arc is chapters 179-187
Ah... Ahhaha... Sorry, I was just surprised at her popularity and did a round-about-way of saying that I personally don't give a care about her. I've already read her whole surreal arc in the actual JP volume.
Thanks for her last name though. Not sure how I missed that... *shrug*
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.