AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Old 2009-03-30, 23:40   Link #301
CubeE
Taju Kage Unagi No Jutsu!

I know it may seem a little disappointing not to see a million different creative new jutsu in the Naruto v. Pein battle but overall as people have pointed out the ones he does have are pretty badass. This is going to be an incredible fight once it finally gets animated. Too bad that will take about five years at this rate....
Old 2009-03-31, 00:02   Link #302
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeE View Post
I know it may seem a little disappointing not to see a million different creative new jutsu in the Naruto v. Pein battle but overall as people have pointed out the ones he does have are pretty badass. This is going to be an incredible fight once it finally gets animated. Too bad that will take about five years at this rate....
The initial Jiraiya v Pain fight will be badass enough once animated
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 00:12   Link #303
CubeE

Hells yeah. It will also be touching to see Iruka again! I wish Kishi would give him a bigger role sometimes. Then again I probably like him so much because he's used so sparingly. But hell, he was the first to acknowledge Naruto. Gotta love him for that.
Old 2009-03-31, 01:19   Link #304
ragnos007

I have to admit, although it is kishi writing this, Naruto could have been smarter about that. He isnt in sannin mode anymore.... in the smoke bomb he could have had a clone henge into a raseng shuriken then thrown that first... then thrown the real thing in the shadow of it.

Honestly I think Nagato doesnt have a chakra limit like everyone else, where it reaches a point and he cant fight anymore. I think that his limit is where it reaches a point and his bodie starts breaking down and his life span shortens.
Old 2009-03-31, 01:43   Link #305
CubeE

You sure Naruto isn't in sage mode right now? I'm pretty sure he's got one Rasen-Shuriken left.
Old 2009-03-31, 03:11   Link #306
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
You sure Naruto isn't in sage mode right now? I'm pretty sure he's got one Rasen-Shuriken left.
Yea hes in SM, not quite sure he will be after his latest assault with FFRS..

When was naruto's last inspirational speech... thinking back the best we have had was his little bridge speech he made to kakashi... other than that we haven't really seen naruto break it out quite like he did in part 1..

THIS IS MY WAY OF THE NINJA , ill have my cleanex ready for the next chapter
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 04:06   Link #307
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
It was totally called for when people were complaining about naruto’s lack of moves, but Pein’s? …Pein?? That just sounds silly now. Some people are really just hate junkies. Addicted to hating; it’s a sickness. They can't help themselves, they just have to complain & bicker about something... anything. Ex:

(naruto before power ups)

Poster1: They sure are waiting long to give naruto his powerups…
Poster2 (hater): Cuz kishi’s writing sucks. He’s playing favorites with Sasuke.
Poster1: Yeah, I guess it kinda looks that way….

(naruto finally gets crazy powerups)

Poster1: Whoa these Pein bodies are getting owned, narutos fuckin powerful as hell…
Poster2(hater): ugh, can’t they give him anything else but rasengans? And he still uses clones to make them!
Poster1: Dude, it doesn’t even look like a rasegan anymore… And hes a fuckin power house – hes killing *Pein* bodies with one hit, the whole village couldn’t even kill one…

(Pein fight keeps progressing)

Poster1: Holy shit, its Minato! Sweet!
Poster2(hater): aww, Naruto should have gotten more power ups from Minato being inside him. Pein gave him trouble, so he needs more power. I bet Sasuke would’ve gotten more powerups…
Poster1:

(naruto gets out of chibarku tensei)

Poster1: oh shit, Naruto broke out; This is getting good!
Poster2(hater): meh, I bet if this was Sasuke, he would have gotten out way easier.
Poster1: why are you even still bringing him up? In spite of all that’s going on?
Poster2(hater): Er um, well hes arrogant and that bothers me. And whats up with Peins elementals? I want to see earth, wind, water, and fire!

(…and the following chapter)

(poster2 puts his hands on his waste, with a feminine-like stance)
Poster2(hater): …And just what is up with the females in this manga? Why can’t they be more powerful? They don’t have enough screen time!
Poster1: Dude seriously….. Why do you read this manga?
Poster2(hater): Hey I got a right to bitch if I don’t like something okay? (waves finger back and forth, with eyes closed and his nose I the air), so stop being a kishi fanboy like kishi’s perfect or something.
Poster3 (a creepy guy who likes to lust over 15 year old little girls)
: yeah…(drools on keyboard) they need more screen time, that ramen girl and hinata are sexy ooo, so sexy. Omg I want to see them!
Poster1
:…..
Poster2(hater): ….

(note: although the posters above were just actors, these were actual events. Yes, people actually made these silly complaints. Yes, I’m being serious. )

Yeah sure, I know the manga isn't 100% perfect (none are), but imo, Pein's powers are the last thing to complain about right now(out of maybe 1 or 2 things to complain about). Seriously, Peins done more than anyone we've seen. Variety, Stamina, and power. I really don't know what else people want this guy to do... I really don't...
Well I think this answers alot of questions on the fans and haters/flamers.

Anyways I always think Shounen has this idea in all their comic. The hero trains they get stronger and is pit up against a stronger foe, either a boss, rival or someone stronger. It's been done in DragonBall, Hajime no Ippo and other manga's too.
Old 2009-03-31, 04:46   Link #308
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT Naruto isn't going to get out of killing Nagato. Naruto hasn't killed anyone this whole manga. He's been learning assassin arts this whole time and he hasn't killed anyone. At least kill nagato!
Old 2009-03-31, 05:10   Link #309
ragnos007

Quote:
look at the last page
Old 2009-03-31, 07:16   Link #310
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
I REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT Naruto isn't going to get out of killing Nagato. Naruto hasn't killed anyone this whole manga. He's been learning assassin arts this whole time and he hasn't killed anyone. At least kill nagato!
I believe that Naruto has killed before... remember the guy who was used by Itachi during the "let's save Gaara" arc? I believe that he was not technically dead after Itachi took control of his body.
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 08:15   Link #311
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
I don't get why a lot of people seem to make a big deal out of the fact that Naruto hasn't killed anyone. It's not like he fights thinking "okay, I have to beat this guy but I must be careful not to kill him", he always goes for the kill. The fact that he's not the one that gets to finish off his opponents is irrelevant.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 08:35   Link #312
Blaine

Some possible spoilers for 442.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-31, 08:36   Link #313
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I don't get why a lot of people seem to make a big deal out of the fact that Naruto hasn't killed anyone. It's not like he fights thinking "okay, I have to beat this guy but I must be careful not to kill him", he always goes for the kill. The fact that he's not the one that gets to finish off his opponents is irrelevant.
Or convenient

Hes a child firstly, and I think kishi does it primarily to stop the conflicting views between his actions and his own morality... naruto is always seen fighting to protect those he loves, the only time he was out for blood was when the kyuubi took over... similarly with sasuke who also has had his hands kept clean (Lizards dont count -.-) , the moment he kills someone he becomes a villain.. without it he has a chance at redemption... gives kishi more options, or maybe it serves as his own personal desire to keep his original teen trio clean and wholesome.. who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakosan View Post
I believe that Naruto has killed before... remember the guy who was used by Itachi during the "let's save Gaara" arc? I believe that he was not technically dead after Itachi took control of his body.

As for naruto killing the sand nin.. databook states pain's technique to be a sacrificial jutsu (which pretty much means he was dead before hand.. sorta is parallel with pain's bodies ability as well)... also we could also be picky and say it was itachi who put the sand ninja in the dangerous situation against his will, therefore being the one who was ultimately responsible for his death
Old 2009-03-31, 12:48   Link #314
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Actually what made Pain cool is he really showed no mercy...but gave mercy to Naruto. I don't think he uses psychological warfare, he's more quiet and 'I don't care, get in my way and die.'
Explain to me, how Pain doesn't use psychological warfare? For instance, he completely exposes the "real truth," to Naruto that peace cannot be made without war and conquest of other villages. When he interrogates Naruto for a feasible solution, how did Naruto reply? Of course he couldn't, there are many flaws in the answers he would have given Pain, and Pain would only mock him for his lack of sense in these solutions. Hence, when Naruto becomes frustrated at the answer - Pain is able to win, by making him lose all hope and giving up. Just like "Hey Naruto face it bud, you can't win over me, and you can't make peace, only death shall do untill all grow tiresome." That's pretty much some mental warfare right there.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:15   Link #315
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Explain to me, how Pain doesn't use psychological warfare? For instance, he completely exposes the "real truth," to Naruto that peace cannot be made without war and conquest of other villages. When he interrogates Naruto for a feasible solution, how did Naruto reply? Of course he couldn't, there are many flaws in the answers he would have given Pain, and Pain would only mock him for his lack of sense in these solutions. Hence, when Naruto becomes frustrated at the answer - Pain is able to win, by making him lose all hope and giving up. Just like "Hey Naruto face it bud, you can't win over me, and you can't make peace, only death shall do untill all grow tiresome." That's pretty much some mental warfare right there.
Yea I think a lot of that also has to do with Naruto's age... If we compare this to the way J_Man handled Pain's tirades of the notion of peace, then it clearly shows the difference in maturity... I also think Naruto was always going to take it worse than most, because he pretty much define's his entire life on the belief of what his peace was... or what he thought was right/wrong... however no doubt Pain took advantage of this situation by attacking naruto's beliefs, where like most things.. if your resolve is questioned, especially by yourself then you're already half defeated...
Old 2009-03-31, 18:25   Link #316
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
That's not psychological warfare, at this point Naruto was already defenseless, literally pinned down to the ground. It was just the usual grandiloquent speech the villains make too often when they have the hero(s) within their grasp.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 10:19   Link #317
Justin Kim
*Artist

But didn't he prove that Naruto was wrong, by justifying that there is no easy solution to a problem at large?
Old 2009-04-02, 07:27   Link #318
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Not really, Nagato is the one who thinks there is a solution to the problem : killing millions every few years to scare off the survivors for a time.
Naruto (and Jiraiya before him) also aknowledge there is a problem but they are clueless about the solution. They have no easy answer in mind contrary to Nagato whose grief twisted so badly he came to believe mass destruction was the easy way out.

Nagato's crazy ideology is important for Naruto's growth beause he represents a twisted version of Naruto/Jiraiya's goal and thus pushes Naruto to find a better answer by himself.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 12:08   Link #319
Justin Kim
*Artist

Ah, I see, alright Hunter you win the debate lol.