AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-02, 20:26   Link #201
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Gundam was a more realistic Zambot 3, the first "real" robot was either Layzner or Vifam, it wasn't real, full of toy gimicks and all sorts of things!
Indeed, but the popularity of the Gundam Movie Trilogy (which lacked most of the said toy gimmicks) was what started the real robot explosion, starting with Macross and proceeding with the other Studio Nue and Ryosuke Takahashi shows (like VOTOMS and Layzner).
Old 2009-04-02, 20:59   Link #202
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I have only watched the CE series in detail. I list it not entirely as a favourite, but as an interesting series. Of most of the Gundam series I know of, the situation in CE seems the most plausible. Not the space colonies, but the discrimination and hatred between the Coordinators and Naturals. To discriminate not by the colour of the skin, but by the coding of the genome: it may very well happy in our lifetime.
Old 2009-04-03, 13:46   Link #203
tetsuo69

for me it would be like this
in order
Gundam seed- my fav
Gundam wing
G- gundam
8ms team
original gundam
Z gundam
zz gundam
gundam x
V gundam
gundam seed destiny
Old 2009-04-03, 14:51   Link #204
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Gundam Wing was my (old) Favorite Series ...I have to say now I'm in love with Gundam00
Old 2009-04-08, 07:01   Link #205
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Hmm I just realized I haven't posted anything with regards to the topic, anyway my favorite series is Gundam Seed closely followed by Zeta. I dont know how to order the rest of the series I watched because I like them in their own way its just that they are not in the top like this two.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 08:42   Link #206
AnimeFangirl

Destiny. Because Dullindal is such an awesome guy.
[Dully was framed by Fukuda! Justice for Dully!]

Second favorite is probably Zeta, though I've only watched half of that so far.
Old 2010-03-02, 13:42   Link #207
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
The Best:

1- Gundam 00 1st Season
2- Zeta Gundam
3- Gundam 0080

The Worst:

1- Turn A Gundam
2- G Gundam
3- Gundam SEED DESTINY
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 15:57   Link #208
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Favorite Gundam for me is Turn A. Most nag at how it has a mustache and not too many poser mechs but I see it for what it really is. A great series about character interaction that makes most other casts to feel retards. Characters that move around with great mannerisms. A setting that blends nicely steampunk with high teck. A freaking sad ending!

Second comes with a small gap, 08TH MS Team. Yup, no poser mechs full of hax powers and the struggle for survival amongst minor teams. That was a show!

Third comes the original 0079 and Zeta (I see them as one). The first, basic and clear story all the rest copy over and over again and again by adding poser mechs.

Then follows the bulk of all the rest in the distance. Poser mechs, pf, ok, next...

Bottom down, Double Zeta (of course) along with that Power Ranger wannabe G Gundam. Windmill Gundams are not part of the image I have for what a war drama is.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 16:17   Link #209
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

1.08th MS Team
2.G Gundam
3.After War Gundam X
4.Mobile Suit Gundam
5.Zeta Gundam
Old 2010-04-27, 17:58   Link #210
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Favorite Gundam for me is Turn A. Most nag at how it has a mustache and not too many poser mechs but I see it for what it really is. A great series about character interaction that makes most other casts to feel retards. Characters that move around with great mannerisms. A setting that blends nicely steampunk with high teck. A freaking sad ending!

Second comes with a small gap, 08TH MS Team. Yup, no poser mechs full of hax powers and the struggle for survival amongst minor teams. That was a show!

Third comes the original 0079 and Zeta (I see them as one). The first, basic and clear story all the rest copy over and over again and again by adding poser mechs.

Then follows the bulk of all the rest in the distance. Poser mechs, pf, ok, next...

Bottom down, Double Zeta (of course) along with that Power Ranger wannabe G Gundam. Windmill Gundams are not part of the image I have for what a war drama is.
Well i didn't like Turn A because of the characters, didn't like them at all and of course no Gundams. I can't call turn a a gundam imho just a really powerful mobile suit and not good enough pilot to unleash its true power. Imagine Amuro with the Turn A.

08th was great, probably the most realistic

And for 0079 and Zeta, well it was the original and everything else builds on the original anyway.

And Double Zeta- no comment didn't watch
G Gundam- interesting but not as a gundam anime
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 05:08   Link #211
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

08th MS Team uber alles for me. For the compelling characters and the great mecha action. The desert episode was pure joy, one of the best anime episodes ever for me.

Then come, on almost equal terms, Z Gundam, 00 Season 1, Gundam SEED, 0080 War in the Pocket, Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Turn A, Mobile Suit Gundam.

A shade below them, Char's Counterattack and Gundam 00 Season 2.

All things considered I like every Gundam of the franchise as in all of them I found something memorable to treasure. With the only exceptions of SEED Destiny, that imho pretty much ruined all the good things that were in SEED, and Gundam Wing.
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 05:51   Link #212
roriconfan
Banned

Ι just realized that Zeta is the only good sequel to any of the universes
Old 2010-04-28, 09:34   Link #213
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Ι just realized that Zeta is the only good sequel to any of the universes
It's because 'Gundam' as a whole was unexplored, undefined and could grow in any possible direction the creator wanted it to. The 'canon' was not there and the only way to compare was to do it in relation to MSG. Zeta had everything MSG had and more. In that way, yes, it's one of the few good sequels.

Most of today sequels follow the same pattern Zeta did and thus most of them are considered not good. My take on it is that by present standards it's simply and bluntly not enough, by the standards of yesterday, it's amazing.

For me, if I see anything UC'ish in production, I grit my teeth expecting another Tomino'sque work. Unicorm managed to surprise me positively, though the same old UC pattern of events and characters was still there. Still, I liked it, although I do believe it's partialy due to really good graphics and fitting musical score.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 03:24   Link #214
janipani

Turn A, Zeta, Seed, Wing... 00 is just same crap in hotter tide ass package, I won't get fooled that easily! I watched 00 most for it's cute female characters, and less for the show it self, wich compared to others is lame and recycled.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 20:41   Link #215
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Turn A, Zeta, Seed, Wing... 00 is just same crap in hotter tide ass package, I won't get fooled that easily! I watched 00 most for it's cute female characters, and less for the show it self, wich compared to others is lame and recycled.
00 S1 felt like Wing reborn and 00 S2 felt like Zeta reborn just that for me 00 S1 was better than wing except for some times when i hated some of the characters for being so stupid and S2 wasn't anywhere as good as Zeta. It was ok for a gundam show but of course great for a mecha show.

Favorites:

MSG
CCA
Seed/DESTINY (Count as one)
Zeta
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 23:21   Link #216
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Now, this opinion of yours about other series made your post oh so very much legit. I advise you open up your mind a little and maybe you'll see some green, floating dots all over the place oneday.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 00:00   Link #217
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

08 ms team
gundam x
turn A
unicorn
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 01:47   Link #218
roriconfan
Banned

By the sound of it, the Code Geass Gaiden they are making right now sounds a lot like 08th MS Team. Sunrise really tries to make a Gundam sister franchise.
Old 2010-05-01, 14:58   Link #219
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
I have never been a standard Gundam fan so I would say that W is my favourite...
Ugh I know it sounds shallow...
Old 2010-05-01, 15:51   Link #220
wingzerosnuggles

I don't think it's shallow. Wing's my favorite, too. But, unlike majority of the fandom, I ship het though. Yeah, I'm into GW for the shipping. xD
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote